What's new

400w HPS - Bagseed - Soil

brennye

I have a feeling in two weeks time that thing is going to be a mega bush lol. Did you mention what you are feeding it? Or is it still just feeding on the soil for the time being? Just realized I know nothing at all about Canna's soil range

I hope you're right. So maybe less that two weeks..lol. So I'll basically just wait until its at a reasonable size to start flower. I dunno what size that'll be, but I'll just try to judge the plant (if that's even possible).

Its just been feeding on the soil as I hadn't given it anything. It just didn't seem to need it. But its showing signs of needing a feed so am going to feed it today at some point. I dunno how good it is, but I've got Canna Terra Vega for veg. Never used it before, so how well it works remains to be seen.

Question: the very first set of 5 fingered leaves have started yellowing. One more so than the other. Just wondering. Do the leaves die off if they're not getting enough light? I ask because the one that is yellowing more is directly under the densest part of the canopy...its dark down there. I dunno.

brennye

Especially with LST as heavy as yours some of the fan leaves are going to yellow off with lack of light. Dont stress, I've had it happen with plants that were as green and well fed as can be, its almost like the plant just knows those leaves are now useless to it.

The contrast on my screen is a bit funky atm so its hard to tell fromn you're latest pick if it looks hungry. If they are it must only be slightly, because it looks pretty damn healthy. Heard good things about the Terra nutes, but I'm a soil retard so best leave that to someone else ;p

I would just watch and make sure more leaves dont start to yellow from the tips inwards, if more do, especially good light receiving ones I would start to feed for N deficiency....Have you thought of taking a cutting and force flowering it under a separate light source? that way you could know the sex just by the time you were thinking of flowering ;)

Is it showing any alternating nodes yet or any other indicators?

Yea its pretty healthy overall... Maybe im being paranoid. I was/am just worried about those lower leaves yellowing. But I guess I should just keep a close eye on it over the next few days to make sure it doesn't progress.

I haven't thought about force flowering a cutting, but its not a bad idea. Would certainly save me two weeks if things turn ballsy. But that being said...I might just let it go and find out in due time. I mean, its not like I've got more seeds to get on the go immediately anyways. And I think it'll be a lady...every other seed from this batch has been female, and of the approx 15 plants I've grown to flowering stage, not one has been male. So hoping the trend continues.

Finn McCool

Hey Binder looking great so far. i am literally days behind you (popped out of soil 03 April) 2 bag seed. hoping to God they are girls. Have ordered through Herbies and they are great. This is my first grow indoor 1x1x1.8 400wmh/hps using canna terra and nutes so will be good to see how you go. Hope you dont mind me setting up camp and picking your brain as we go

Not a lot to update atm. But here's a couple pics anyways. Im waiting for a new sd card to arrive for my camera. Until then, its just these crappy pics.

These first couple are even crappier than usual, but they show the actual color of the plant better.
AGdqu7Z.jpg

yhxMSW2.jpg

Just an overall shot. Tis coming along nicely.
nzpWImj.jpg

McCool: its good to have you along for the ride. Feel free to pick away...

Btw, I was chopping some herb last night and POP...I chopped a seed in half. I haven't had any herb with seeds in it for years. Quite a surprise. The seed I chopped seemed healthy and viable. Rats! So I pulled apart the rest of it and found 2 more seeds. One seems good. So im germinating it now. Fingers crossed it pops. That'd be perfect. Itd be fun too. Two different bag seeds...the mystery. You know.

Im hoping for/setting my goal at 4oz for this grow. If I can get another plant in there it would make that goal all the more achievable. What do you guys think...can I get to the 4oz mark?

Finn McCool

Not that I would be a very accurate gauge Binder, but by the look of that bush + another I reckon you are there. I hope I get somewhere close to that, my goal is to have something that is smokeable

brennye

Looks sweeeeeeet! IMHO if you flower that now under that 400w, you will have yourself 2.5oz. No way to know for sure, but not knowing the strain etc thats my guess ;)

Have a liquid feed for flowering? I see leave tip burns towards the top, which if not heat stress and if you haven't fed yet, is probably an indicator that shes ready for a feed....What do I know though, I'm a hydro guy and feed from the second my clones root lol

Was the seed you found from some nice herb? I just found one the other day and it looked mature and viable, didn't pop though sadly, but I can't be bothered playing lucky dip anyway so it's all good

If I could get 2.5 from this one plant I guess of be happy enough. But with a bit more veg, hopefully I can nudge the 4oz mark. Aim for the sky I say.

I don't have any feed for floating yet... Was gonna get that any day now. Will probably just get the same nutes im using now, but the flower version obviously. Its Canna Terra Flores I believe. Unless anyone wants to point me in a better direction...?
I think its due for a feed too...that's why I gave it a very weak feed yesterday. Probably too weak in hindsight. It'll be due for another watering tomorrow so I might up the dose slightly.

That other seed was found in some good herb, yeah. If I could grow anything close to the bud it came from id be happy. No luck yet though...been just over 24 hours. My hopes for it have dropped somewhat. We'll see.

brennye

Well if you're keen for a long veg you could get around 10oz from the one plant, and that's not even 1g/w. Depends how patient you are, I sure couldn't wait that long!

Lol I'm jealous, been along time since I've had "street bud" that was good enough that I would want to reproduce the results....Just alot of really bland stuff mostly

Yea, right now im thinking I'll do as long a veg as possible, but who knows, I'll probably crack sooner than id like and flip it over to 12/12. But if that extra seed doesn't pop, then I'll really want to go as big as possible.

And yea, I just got lucky I guess. I've haven't had a steady supply for a while now...been getting an oz here, a half there, always someone different, so the quality is all over the place.

brennye

Yeh I know the feeling, just when you think there's a quality supply, its gone!

Maybe if you're thinking you want an increase in yeild, you could get a 600w to flower this bush under? Then instead of making the 400 a wasted purchase, just get a MH conversion bulb for the ballast and you could use that for veg? It's handy having separate lights for veg and spare bulbs, not really necessary though I suppose!

Yea I would definitely consider doing that in the future. I even considered getting a MH conversion bulb for veg on this grow. But ultimately, I can't justify the expense at the moment, so it'll just have to do. But I'll certainly do that in the future. Who knows...maybe even step it up and get another tent. One for veg and another for flower. But that's way down the road.

So, good news. A mate of mine just made a substantial order from Herbies...and I've managed to wrangle myself a few seeds.

Im gonna get these seeds from what he ordered:
Tutankhamon Feminised by Pyramid (x1)
White Widow x Big Bud Feminised by Female (x1)
The Doctor Feminised by Green House (x1)
Big Bang Feminised by Green House (x1)

Also gonna get a couple of the freebies:
Green Love Potion Feminised by Samsara (x1)
Indian Skunk/Kerala Krush Regular (x2)

So not too bad. 7 seeds...for free (sort of...he did owe me). Five guaranteed females. This should get me through the next few months. Yay. It would have been nice to pick my own strains but they look alright, considering the cursory look I've had so far

Im not really familiar with any of the strains though...so not really sure what im getting. Should probably check that out. Anyone had any experience with any of these? Smoke or grow?

So, now I've got a dilemma. Do I flower the bagseed now so it finishes quicker, and then I can move on to some proper seeds? This will drastically reduce the harvest though and will mean I'll run out before the next batch is ready. Or do I push on and get as much as possible from the bagseed, taking the risk that its not even decent bud? Hmmm...

Paddi

GanjaGrower
Veteran
I was just about to write it. Buy some proper strains.
You have the skills. Dont wast your time growing bagseeds....

Best growluck bro - thou you dont seem to need luck :)

P :smoke:

Yea I know...needed to happen. It would have been better if I had a hand in selecting the strains though. I mean, don't get me wrong, each one on its own is a decent strain but I would have gone with a different selection probably. I am looking forward to The Doctor though...and the Tutankhamon seems pretty interesting.

brennye

I agree, you have the know how and equipment to grow a nice plant, may as well get some nice genetics!

Picture how excited you would be after spending ages looking through strains and finding the perfect one, then growing it out in all it's glory. Maybe try Dj's Blueberry if you're after a nice indica?

DJs Blueberry seems like its right up my alley...would definitely consider it in the future. Should be right for a while though I reckon. Was thinking about it overnight. Going to switch the bagseed to 12/12 and day now. Then I'll split the seeds I'm getting into 2 batches. One grow with 3 plants, the next with 4. So yea, I shouldn't have to get any new seeds for at least 6 months.

The couple of times I have gone and looked at seeds I've found it overwhelming...so many different strains, and they all (almost) sound very appealing.