What's new

400w HPS - Bagseed - Soil

Hi

Wasnt going to do a grow diary, hence why im already a month into the grow... but Im a little (read: ALOT) bored, so why not ey?

Grow Tent: .5x.9x1.6m
Medium: Canna Terra Pro
Light: 400w HPS Cooltube
Strain: Unknown
Ventilation: Cant remember the specs for the fans but got two, centrifugal fan for the carbon filter and another fan for the cooltube. Passive intake.
Temps: 22c to 29c (a little high at times)

The seed showed its tap root on the 28th March so popped it into the soil. Popped through on the 30th March. So its pretty much smack on one month old at the moment.

Began LSTing it around the middle of the month to encourage as much branching as possible. Seems to be working a treat.

Lemme know what you think

7th April
1zyed8l.jpg

13th April
xkwqkw.jpg

21mrnfo.jpg

15th April
30wqixx.jpg

16th April
2ilbj2v.jpg

Looks delightful m8 , i'm far from an expert but i've a feeling this baby has an indica leaning. Look forward to seeing how she goes , all the more educational matter for me to peruse and see how it should be done :D

brennye

That's a bag seed on a mission if I ever saw one! Really nice LST job, if you can keep that canopy as flat as it is now through the flower stretch I think it could yield pretty decent. Shame you didn't get two females, could be flowering now and fill up that rectangle footprint nicely....Interested for a smoke report though, looks like a hybrid for sure....

Have you started thinking about the next grow? :smoke:

Yea im thinking its mostly indica also...

And yeah, im really happy with how even I've got the canopy atm...shouldn't be too hard to keep on top of either.

Im spewing re only the one plant. Had 3 seeds. One was a massively stunted mutant and the other never popped up out of the soil. So fingers crossed its a lady.

And yes, im always thinking about my next grow. I need to get my hands on some decent seeds first though. Ive only ever grown bagseed, so that needs to change.Haven't done thus whole ordering online thing though...I am a little weary. We'll see...

brennye

What distance is the 400 from the canopy? From memory I kept mine at 12" when I used to use 400w's......Your nodes are very tightly stacked, looks good, watering that thing must be a pain in the ass!

FRIENDinDEED

A FRIEND WITH WEED IS A . . .
Veteran
yeah its an indica, those fat leaves are a clear indicator. have you sexed it yet? didn't see where/if you mentioned whether you did or not.

just some advice, take a couple of cuts of it just in case. if it grows, or more importantly smokes, nicely then you'll have some back up incase you want to start it again. save yourself from the over priced genetics. remember, you want something with a nice end product

I just had to go through a shit storm with some of the more "moronic" members on this site at the "med-man" thread. type of fools that believe that genetics/parent plants/lineage is everything when growing plants with out regard to the THC/CBD outcomes the plant itself produces.

gotta say though its a damned nice looking plant! your doing a really good job with it so the rest to follow should do just as fine so keep up the good work! good Idea to lst or any kind of training for that matter. a keeper is a keeper, so take some cuts just incase because you never know until you know .. . you know?

montroller

Really nice structure on that plant from the beginning, and the LST just made it even better! Any idea what the bud was that the seed came from?

Keeping the lights about 10 inches from the top...seems ok. Could probably even get closer but its going alright as is so yeah. And I've got nothing better to do atm so lots of watering is a good excuse for me to spend a lot of time with the plant, tbh.

Haven't sexed it yet. So this could all go horribly wrong and turn out male. But I think it'll be a female. I've grown about 15 plants to flower in my time, all bagseed, and I've never seen a male. Not one. So hoping the run will continue.

Taking a few cuttings might be the way to go. I've never done that before so I'll have to read up about it, but im sure I could do it.

And I can't remember what the bud was like that it came from...im pretty sure it was over 7+ years ago. Had the seeds tucked away for a long time.

brennye

Lol true mystery seeds then, that's pretty awesome though.

If you do purchase seeds for the next round have you had a look into strains? Do you prefer a more indica or sativa high?

Im more of a fan of the indica high these days... Ideally though, id like to have both available, so I can cater to my mood. So aiming to eventually have more than one strain growing.

I'm a complete newbie at growing and made some real blunders so far, including a disaster of an attempt as LST ( snapped a branch off :( ) so I can't help but be impressed with how you have trained this baby.if only i could figure out how to tie them down without drilling holes in moms planters lol.
Novice question , would I be right in thinking that the 'cooltube' is part reflector part shield for the bulb that totally encases the bulb?

That makes sense now, thanks fella :) something else for me to consider buying further down the road if I can stretch the dole money far enough lol

Im gonna wait around two weeks, then assess the plant and see if its needs more time. Don't want to commit to the flip just yet.