What's new

- 400w HOG (Halfpipe Of Green) -

- ezra -

.strangelove.
Veteran
Hey Seed, I love that hood. Its really a great design. I can see how that would work really well in a HOG. Would love to see it in action. How is the top constructed? Is there a reflector in the top section, or is it all glass?

- ezra -

.strangelove.
Veteran

This strain - 007 was a freebie I received from seedbay amongst other freebies and seeds. I was not particularly interested in growing out these beans, as I generally like to know exactly what to expect before investing the time and effort of growing something. I germed them anyway, as I was planning to plant them outside as a guerilla growing experiment. (10/10 gremed) Well they vegged really well and showed good structure and leaf shape, so I decided to keep some. The 4 I planted in the bush were quickly eaten by some wild animal so I was left with 6 out of which 4 were female and feature in this grow.

There is a very frustrating part to this story for me, and that is that these 007s appear to have a very negative genetic trait. They dont respond to 12/12. After doing a bit of research on the forums I found that everyone else who has been growing these also had the same issue. They just keep on vegging in 12/12. One guy had a plant in flower for over 60 days and he was getting ready to chuck it because it had overgrown his room and the buds were only just starting to form.

Well what I decided to do was to go 10/14 instead, as I think this might have a good chance of snapping them out of veg. Hopefully 14/10 will be the answer, and we can actually see a finished grow here at some point. I havent given up on these 007s, I am determined to make them flower. I will go to 6/18 if I have to. LOL. So anyway tomorrow will be the first day of 10/14 so we will see what happens I guess.

Last edited:
G

Hi Ezra,
Top top is going to be made of metal...just like a traditional reflecter. I am just trying to figure out the correct angle for the "batwing". I plan on attatching my bulb or bulbs from the all-thread that runs thru the middle of the tube. I will get you some more pics as soon as it is done.

PS- how many plants are in your HOG? Curious.

Seed

W

WeldFlash420

Incredible show...! Being a 400 watt grower myself I'm pulling up a chair and taking notes. This is an amazing grow.

- ezra -

.strangelove.
Veteran
thanks for the support guys. here is an update. still no flowering from 007s - going to 10/14 mode. Some more foliar development...

Last edited:
N

New Grower

hi -Ezra-

I always wanted to grow HOG. I think it's a fantastic strain.

I think you should help to the tops to grow over the netting cause they can't.... It's not a common (natural) problem for your plants and I think the bigger tops will stay undeveloped cause just the weaker stems can grows over the netting.

It's just suggestion!

Peace!

- ezra -

.strangelove.
Veteran
Hi, New Grower, firstly, its not TH seeds The Hog, its HOG (Halfpipe of Green), you might like to read the thread a bit better first.

Secondly, the shoots dont need any help to grow through the screen, and would do so very quickly if given the chance. It is actually a fair task just keeping the tops down at this stage. thanks for the suggestion.

ogrefugee

Official Tree Taster
Veteran
looks good man, sorry to hear about those 007's, hopefully you can scare them out of veg!

parabolics always yield nice!

Butte

Veteran
...just barely read in jorge's new book (recommended, btw) that a 36 hour dark period is the "sweet spot" to definitely induce flowering...
jorge said:
Give plants 36 hours of total darkness just before inducing flowering with the 12/12 photoperiod. This heavy dose of darkness sends plants an unmistakable signal to flower sooner. Growers using this technique report that plants normally show signs of flowering, such as pistil formation, within two weeks and develop pistils after a week of flowering.
Growers have experimented with giving plants up to 48 hours of total darkness to jump-start flowering and have found that 36 hours - three contiguous 12-hour nights - is most effective

Nice looking screen, though…

- Butte

- ezra -

.strangelove.
Veteran
Thanks, yea I have read about the 36 hr darkness to induce flowering. In retrospect, I would definately try this, but now I think it might be too late. I dont want to mess with the light cycle too much, having just gone from 24hrs light, to 12/12, to 10/14, I dont want to change the lights again, out of fear of herming them. I am confident in this 10/14 cycle, and I think this grow should still be good to watch.

Hey -ezra-, dude I really hope the 10/14 works out for you. Kinda odd that 12/12 didn't do it. Thats some crazy genes there.

Peace,
CN

senseless

nice to see the halfpipe of green up and running. you should think about training the tops through the screen about now. and start trimming away alot of the lower growth that has not made it to the screen yet. you will be rewarded with more buds.

- ezra -

.strangelove.
Veteran
Yea, I normally would be letting the tops grow up through the screen now, but I am just waiting to see if the 007s will flower. as soon as they do, I can let everything grow upard.

As far as removing everything under the screen, I dont do this personally. I remove the lowermost shoots, and real small stuff, but I wont take everything off. I think this stresses the plants a lot, and besides I dont mind the small loose buds, those make the best hash and also very good to use for cooking and making delicious ganja teas.

R

Ronley

here is a very frustrating part to this story for me, and that is that these 007s appear to have a very negative genetic trait. They dont respond to 12/12. After doing a bit of research on the forums I found that everyone else who has been growing these also had the same issue. They just keep on vegging in 12/12. One guy had a plant in flower for over 60 days and he was getting ready to chuck it because it had overgrown his room and the buds were only just starting to form.

The description provided by GN of this strain was that it will flower in 8-9 weeks, which evidently is way off; at least in 12/12. I am not knocking the guy, I appreciate the beans were "free", and overall I was very pleased with my purchases from seedbay, and would order from there again if they came back online. Its just very disapointing to find that the description was way off, and if these dont flower, its been a major waste of time and a royal P.I.T.A.

I agree. I also feel very despondant about this plant.- Until a couple of days ago when her buds began to form better. I had decided that I would give her up until the end of June- and if she was not going to bud properly then I will ice hash her...

All she did is GROW and GROW and GROW and she is now taller then me and takes up the whole doorway. I grow outside on my balcony. And I am quite nervous as to her size.
This photo I took on the 06.06 a week ago.
But I she is a beautiful strong plant and she deserves a chance- I do wish we had more info about her. Especially as Gypsy says her flowering time is 8 weeks, and this is not true. She needs longer.

Deft

Get two birds stoned at once
Veteran
My 007s havent shown sex yet under 12/12 but its only been 4 days so far.

- ezra -

.strangelove.
Veteran
Deft, they probably wont flower in 12/12, but mine all showed sex in veg. If I were you, I would take pre-emptive measures to kick it into flower. Go 36hr dark, 11/13, or 10/14. This strain just does not seem to want to flower in 12/12

Hey Ronley, I read your thread, so are they finally flowering now or what? Do you know what the daylight hrs are where you are at the moment?

Deft

Get two birds stoned at once
Veteran
I'm going to switch to 10/14 tonight then. I've noticed two phenos though, one grows fast as all hell and has thiner leaves, the other is shorter and fater with wider leaves and dosent grow as fast.