What's new

400W CMH Homebox XS (2'x2'x4')

merrblah

There are 2 GH White Widows and 1 Rez Chemdawg DD, 2 weeks 12/12

400W CMH - It was tough in this small of space but with hydro, LST, low-heat CMH, and 270CFMs of airflow, it works. Temperatures are maintained around 75F at canopy (8 inches from glass, 10 inches from bulb) with lights on, 70F lights off. Recirculationg drip irrigation 15 minutes of ever hour 24/7.

dirkdaddy

dude, that is awesome! I love your setup. way to go 400watt in a small space like that. you got the canopy perfect and everything. and cmh! now that is a stealth little setup that is gonna produce some killer buds. how much do you get off a run or is it your first?

so simple, so clean, and inspirational.

I wish all this new stuff was around 20 years ago when I first tried something in a closet. That is how it should be done. Really nice set-up you have. The plants look lush and healthy and happy to be there. Thanks for sharing.

merrblah

dirkdaddy - this is my first run with this setup, so no idea on yield. It should be more than enough for some personal stash.

BobbleheadJed - thank you for all of your kind words. clean and simple is my motto. take care

merrblah

Update: End of Week 3 (12/12)

Update: End of Week 3 (12/12)

Things are going well. I was concerned with the Chem DD stretching, but things have slowed (no vert. growth the last two days, i think) and it looks like I am going to be able to make it work. (Chem DD in the tall one on the left side of my tent.) The white widow stopped stretching a week ago. The bulb in on the right side of the reflector so I am able to let the left side go higher. However, if she grows anymore, I'll have to get heavier into the bondage.

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
WOW! thats incredable use of such a small space... I love that little tent, I'm looking for something similar :smile:

merrblah

Update: Levelled the Canopy

Update: Levelled the Canopy

I had to tame the Chem DD. I applied some more LST and some bending.

merrblah

JamieShoes - thank you for stopping by. I can recommend the tent, however I would make some changes to the techniques used.

First: HEIGHT INCREASE||The tent is 48 inches tall. The reflector takes 8 inches of height, the plants have 22 inches, and the plants break the surface of the perlite 16 inches above the ground. Ground-to-plant height is a major flaw in my design. A dramatic reduction in ground-to-plant height can be achieved by utilizing other hydroponic techniques (DWC is my first thought).

Second: AIRCOOL LIGHTS||While temps are 74-78F, I think I could find a way to make aircooled lighting work. There are two limitation: (1) the 23.5"x23.5" ceiling space and (2) the 6 inch exhaust hole is on the ceiling.
a) Without tent modification: You make a 90 degree turn with your 6 inch ducting to get to the ceiling. With 6 horizontal inches lost in the turn, you are left with 17.5 horizontal inches. It would be hard to find an aircooled reflector this length, but you must also allow atleast 4 inches from the "wall" for intake space. With 13.5 horizontal inches remaining, you would have to make a custom cooltube.
b) With tent modifcation: Cut a 6 inch hole in the side of the tent (homebox makes kits to make holes in your tent) thereby gaining back the 4 inches for "wall" intake space. You have 17.5 horizontal inches. Build custom cooltube or buy-and-modify a cooltube/reflector to meet specifications.

Other than that, I love my homebox XS.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I cleaned out under the canopy. All of the small stuff was removed. Nice and clean how i Like. Don't forget 2ft x 2ft grow space is small. This puts it in perspective nicely.

merrblah

Update: Fower Shots

Update: Fower Shots

White Widow

Chem DD
just finished stretching (i hope), buds are forming...

Take it easy:joint:
- meerrrrrrr

MeltingPOT

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Awesome setup. Anyone who says they don't have the space to grow dank efficiently should look at this thread. Seriously proper my friend.

merrblah

Questions Answered

Questions Answered

MeltingPOT - I appreciate the kind words. I am glad to have my grow referred to as "reference" material. I would have never been where I am today without excellent grow threads for reference. thanks IC community!

guanito - I'm loving the duct silencer. It makes a big difference. Noise reduction is about the same with duct silencer placement either behind or in front of the fan, makes almost no difference. It will virtually eliminate fan noise, but you can't do anything about the "whooshing" of moving air. With my setup, it sounds like central air conditioning doing its normal thing, not an indoor garden. Nice and subtle. Stealthy too.

blakhash - WW is at 23 days 12/12 at time of trim/flower shots above.

KillerDEmo and swampy_nz - thanks for stopping by and dropping a line. enjoy the show!

hazy

Veteran
Amazing what can be done in a small space.
I tried a few hydro experiments, but haven't went that way because of the reasons you were talking about - height restrictions and all that.
I'd like to use a drip setup with coco(which I use), but having a rez underneath would put the top of the pots up so high, it would really cut down my growth range. Oh well. gotta do what you gotta do. dank strains you got too.

merrblah

Update: End of Week 4 (12/12)

Update: End of Week 4 (12/12)

hazy - the "hydro height problem" can easily be combatted with DWC. The plants would have to grow in the rez, or you could use a float value with external rez or simply a controller (if using multiple buckets) to keep things low. I bet I could get lower than soil with DWC.

high4twentydays - thanks for stopping by and welcome to my grow!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
There's been trouble in paradise. I have been so attentively watching the Chem DD for nanners that I totally ignored the White Widow in this regard. Stupid, I know.... Anways, one of my white widows had about 6 open male flowers (YIKES!) on the lower branches although no plant appears to be seeded. They were GH feminized seeds, and I guess some stress caused it to hermi (as this is common with fem seeds and minimal stress)

I have removed the male flowers, but I am still considering removing the plant altogether, as it is not a strong yielder or exceptionally resinous. That would allow me extra room to spread out the other two girls, which clearly would benefit from this two fold: 1) I can get the plants "flatter" allowing more light to penetrate lower down, thus better yield and 2) Spreading out the plants will make them lower, thus giving me more space from the light source. I'm strongly considering it.

Please give me your thoughts... :)

White Widow
the good one, much larger yeilder and much more resinous (pictured below)

THE HERMI, it just looks scrawny and weak compared to the others (pictured below)

Chem DD

that's all for now. take it easy....

- merrrrrr :joint:

merrblah

I took out the hermi for a thorough inspection. I wasnt able to find anymore nanners and we kinda bonded during the experience, so he/she/it is going back in. no worries and im back on schedule.

-meerrrrrr

Latest posts

Latest posts