What's new

400w cmh grow

barletta

Bandaid
Veteran
It should recover ok. How is the new growth? Did it severely 'stunt'? If you have healthy new growth, the plant should be ok. I wouldn't cut it off completely, though. Flush, when it goes dry, water+molasses, next water maybe 1/2 strength ferts.

NorCalFor20

Smokes, lets go
Veteran
well all but the very top bud are ok and doing good, and stinking nicely.... s far as damage you see what i see its pretty much just that top bud
ape is just finicky from what ive heard has to do with the urkle in it i guess....

everyone is yelling trim the popcorn but i cant bring myself to trim branches that could turn into pot... even if it would make the top buds bigger but im not sure if thats true or not... i wouldnt even know which ones to trim off...

Last edited:

Jayoharejee

Looks great. I was weary about trimming too but throughout flowering i noticed alot of my lower fan leaves dieing off and decided to trim. Next run through i'll have it all trimmed before flowering.

If you do decide to cut off lower bud you dont got to cut alot just maybe some of the budsites that just cant get enough light to really grow out anyways. those babies will fatten up nicely im sure.

Hawk

Lookin' like your gonna get some good bud. :yummy:

NorCalFor20 said:
...but i cant bring myself to trim branches that could turn into pot....i wouldnt even know which ones to trim off...

I've felt some of that too. I'm one week ahead on my first grow (27days 12/12, 250w hps).

I've been resistant to trim off what looks like perfectly healthy growth. Nonetheless, I have continually trimmed off more and more as I've gone--including a decent trim just yesterday. I haven't regretted any of the trimming I've done even though I bet much of it could have (should have?) been done earlier. Trimming has seemed practically necessary to keep them from overgrowing themselves and my space. Also, the more developed the flowers have gotten, the more clear it's become which growth might be better off gone. I figure next time around I'll have a much better sense of when and what to trim.

I've started to barely be able to see little trichs on the small leaves that shoot out of the buds. :jump:

Day 26 of 12/12

NorCalFor20

Smokes, lets go
Veteran
lookin damn good man! hope im lookin liek that next week, that is nice size canopy for 250w too...

have you thought about using a 250w cmh? it will fit in your existing ballast... i think that its proven as the best veg bulb and about equal in flower with less heat... it will feel like you are running a 150w hps some people say the hps is better in flower its still debatable but its pretty much proven the cmh is the best veg bulb....if i had an hps and a cmh i would run cmh through veg and the first 2 weeks and last 2 weeks of flower then in the middle use hps if you like...

btw what are your nutes?

Hawk

Thanks! I'm quite happy. Hopefully I can make it through harvest and curing without ruining anything. :gaga:

About lamps....I'm running a Lumatek ballast so I can't use a CMH. Most of my veg growth was with a MH bulb (very early I used CFL's cause I didn't have the HID light yet). I would like to have the option of using a CMH lamp. If I add a second socket to my hood (something I've thought about), I'll drive it with a magnetic HPS ballast so I could use multiple lamp types, including CMH. That said, the MH veg and HPS flower combo has been treating me just fine.

I'm using TechnaFlora nutes, their "Recipe for Success Starter Kit". I can't complain about it at all really. Mostly, I just follow their instruction sheet except I use 1/2 strength and I feed every other water instead of every third water. I'm not sure why I've done it that way. It just "seemed right" and so far so good.

NorCalFor20

Smokes, lets go
Veteran
Budshots, Day 28

citrus

pine

more citrus

grape ape

sweet skunk

I gave them names based on their smell... they are all bagseeds except for the grape ape which came from a clone seed, the bagseeds are all different varietys. One has a nice pine smell like smelling a christmas tree, the "sweet skunk" is even more potent smelling than the grape ape. Grape ape used to smell like cotton candy now it smells like something dead. The citrus plant barely has any smell, i had to really smell hard to even notice it.

I bet all but the ape go over 100 days.

Last edited:

NorCalFor20

Smokes, lets go
Veteran
eh i asked mods to move it before , they said its too much trouble...

there is another thread with pretty much just pics in grow diarys section if you are interested.

V

Verger OG

I wonder if it is a sign of something when leafs bend sideways a bit. The tips that is. I have that as well often.

NorCalFor20

Smokes, lets go
Veteran
Some more bud shots!

Shit one of them already has a massive cola check it out

that shit is crazy i swear thats the biggest bud ive seen on a pot plant in my whole life!!!!! i imagine its 3 or 4 inches wide!!!!!!!
and sooo dank smelling

here are some pics of my grape ape....

sativas...

White hairs...

Last edited:

NorCalFor20

Smokes, lets go
Veteran
have not checked trichs yet, i think they all still have a ways to go except for the ape which has probably 10-15 days left, i will get a trich microscope about then and start checking them out. I would love for them to be done soon, but it looks like all but the ape will go another 30 days at least.

NorCalFor20

Smokes, lets go
Veteran
sorry for the lack of updates, 3 out of 4 of the plants got stolen but here is the harvest shots from the one that didn't get jacked, i picked it the night before i was broken into, thank god it hermied- it still wasn't done yet but at least it wasn't a total loss. i got robbed the 8th of august, harvested the one that is in these pic the night b4

total yeild was 1 and 1/2 oz and was the smallest of the 4

Murphy

Damn Norcal, you've had a run of bad luck lately. Glad to see you at least got one out of your work and it wasn't a complete loss. Best of luck on the new plan!

the_dungeon

aww dude that sucks about your loss.. but like you said, im glad you cut one down!!

they all looked awesome tho!! now your next grow is gonna be a piece of cake!! stay safe and keep growing!! :rasta: