What's new

400w cmh grow

Z

zoolander

Norcal :wave: Things are lookin alot better bro. The cfl's on the bottom at this point you dont need and if you can put your fan on something to blow across the tops by the light but not to hard and try to make sure you bring in fresh air for your best growth. Around week five your gonna trip on what goes down my friend and how they just fill up so fast. :jump:

NorCalFor20

Smokes, lets go
Veteran
zoolander said:
Norcal :wave: Things are lookin alot better bro. The cfl's on the bottom at this point you dont need and if you can put your fan on something to blow across the tops by the light but not to hard and try to make sure you bring in fresh air for your best growth. Around week five your gonna trip on what goes down my friend and how they just fill up so fast. :jump:

why would you say take out the cfls????? should i trim the lower branches? I have to cfls there for the smaller lower branches...

i already have a fan blowing on the tops of the plants, near the bulb to cool down canopy temps...i can't wait till week 5 hell week 12 would be even better! haha

any guess on yeild???

Z

zoolander

I say that because the amount of bud you'll get from those lower branches with the cfl's wont be much compared to if you trim those off and that energy is focused on you upper bud growth. But I say if your happy with em brother keep the CFL's going.

MPL

Trimming popcorn sucks. I'd say cut 'em off too.

zoolander said:
I say that because the amount of bud you'll get from those lower branches with the cfl's wont be much compared to if you trim those off and that energy is focused on you upper bud growth. But I say if your happy with em brother keep the CFL's going.

NorCalFor20

Smokes, lets go
Veteran
ok i transplanted into 5 gallon grow bags and re potted with black gold, picked up some open sesame, beastie blooms, and cha ching... also got some humic acid and fulvic acid,blackstrap molasses- and some silica....

heres a pic of the ladies in their new soil

heres my new nute/additive aresenal....

i just watered with 1 teaspoon tiger bloom, 2 drops superthrive, 2 teaspoons big bloom, 1/4 teaspoon open sesame, 2 teaspoons, fulvic and humic acid, 1 teaspoon molasses, 1/2 teaspoon of silica is this too much at once? i guess we will see in a few days when the plants take to the new soil...

Murphy

....and to think all I did for my dirt plants was eyeballed some Flora Nova Bloom in a gallon of distilled water and shook it up every couple of days. Watch those molasses man, I just went through problems from it, but then again......I was just eyeballing it.

Those trees are looking good man! You''ll be shopping for another light soon.....then CO2...you'll see, it gets additcting from here man.

G

Hey you find that you dont need all 3 of those dry foxfarm nutes. Beasite is the best ditch the rest. Just my opinion.

NorCalFor20

Smokes, lets go
Veteran
yea let me just throw away 40 bucks lol i will try my luck, here are some new pics i just took, tried out some of the camera effects too.

day 17

Last edited:

NorCalFor20

Smokes, lets go
Veteran
i am pondering getting another 400w cmh ballast/hood/bulb but it would cost me 170$, would it make 170$ worth of difference?

also for odor control I am going to use a sprayer machine that sprays air freshner at my front door every 5 minutes and a ona gel/fan bucket thing. then if i still have smell then I will get a scrubber for the closet. Also how much do you think the extra light will raise temps... my lights on temp is 80 and lights off its 73-74 so im guessing it would be around 86 would that be too hot?

Murphy

Murphy said:
Those trees are looking good man! You''ll be shopping for another light soon.....then CO2...you'll see, it gets additcting from here man.

Damn, I can call 'em or what.
CO2 Plus the extra light and they can take the temps in the mid 80s.
Just an FYI, I opened my boxes from HTG Supply yesterday, I ordered the least expensive 1000 watt HPS they offered, a Grow Bright, they are out of stock and they upgraded me to an ArgoStar for free. It's about a $60 difference. Just trying to get the word out there for anyone looking for a light. Also, you can get a 400 watt from them for $95 in the "specials" section on their site but it's a ballast/hood combo.

asher1er

Veteran
NorCalFor20 said:
could i run that room sealed with co2? how much does co2 cost and how much do i need?

for such a small space n grow you wouldn't need much co2.. a 20lb bottle should last your a good bit..

reg 125
basic controller 350
not sure on the price of a 20lb bottle, refill prolly like 10 dollars

the ladies are coming along nicely, keep it up :joint:

remember with a sealed room youd need something to control your temperature and humidity

NorCalFor20

Smokes, lets go
Veteran
asher1er said:
for such a small space n grow you wouldn't need much co2.. a 20lb bottle should last your a good bit..

reg 125
basic controller 350
not sure on the price of a 20lb bottle, refill prolly like 10 dollars

the ladies are coming along nicely, keep it up :joint:

remember with a sealed room youd need something to control your temperature and humidity

i thought temps didn't matter in co2 rooms but apparently you say they do so i'll X that idea till next grow.

ive got a bit of burn on the ape, its sensitive to nutes i hope the outer bud grows around it, im not giving it any more nutes till harvest- the bagseeds are rocking out and packing on some serious bud as early as it is. one has strawberry colored pistols. I don't know what im gona name my bagseed strains because i don't really know their heritige- i started with 50 seeds from over the years from bags of mexican, mid grade, kb, and headies seeds from good bags i put in the keif collector in my grinder. anyway i sprouted them killed the weak/mutated plants and was left with 10 plants, one was a grape ape i killed by over nuting in veg, some i pulled because they looked weird or didn't grow right, and some were moved outdoors- some of my outdoor plants are 5-6 feet tall i will have to get some pictures of them- they are not big and bushy though they are 6 foot sticks i dunno whats up with that.

G

busy man norcal. That all sounds like some fun stuff. Pics of them pink pistolas would be a treat.

barletta

Bandaid
Veteran
Hey man plants look great! If you think that you are runnin into def's (cal/mag), I wouldn't sweat it now. I think cal mag has N, and dolomite wouldn't really have a chance to break down. I have read people foliar feeding with epsom salts, but I never did. I would probably double up (2tbsp/gal) on the molasses, and let them ride lol.

For the next run, look into getting some dolomite (or 'whatever' lime, I also use 'garden') to mix in the soil. It makes life easy, no ph adjustments, 90+% of the plants won't need additional cal or mag (IME). I mixed in a bunch of "nature's harvest crab shell" in both my flower and bloom mixes, and it smells like crab a lil bit for a few days, but it fades and the plants LOVE it. I think it is 2-3-0 with 4%mag and 23%cal by weight. I will be getting another bucket, although it is a NONONONO for outdoors (flies, animals). I had an attack of the flies for about 2 weeks this spring after working a shitload into my garden, and was smart enough to not put it in the bush lol.

Some fukkers STILL flipped over some bigger plants I had....

You mention adding co2, and I think that it would help if you have 'less than adequate' ventilation/air exchange. I had males and a few seed mommas all together in a stand up shower, with HORRIBLE air exchange (couldn't have fans blowin all the hell over..). I threw a co2 boost bucket in there, and it was a noticeable help. In any setup that I have done 'for real', I needed to keep air movin to keep smell/temps down, my rooms are sealed except for the (passive) intake and exhaust which runs 24/7/365 (same as the oscillators). I would need to do some serious steppin up to realize a cost/benefit from co2.

Jayoharejee

you should dedicate a day and start trimming up all the dieing leaves towards the bottom maybe even trim some of the popcorn like was mentioned. I wish i would have got rid of more off mine.

Well heres mine last week before the chop, flushed and trimmed :joint:

NorCalFor20

Smokes, lets go
Veteran
day 21 pics... here is what my closet looks like so you can see the ouside...

then you open the door :rasta:

look what we have here....

sea of green

some buds

side angle shot

more buds

can't wait to smoke them

the grape ape is a little bitch when it comes to giving nutes, :violin: do you think it will recover if i give plain water rest of the grow? i gave it the same nutes as the rest of them got...

here is the strawberry colored pistols sorry my cam sucks i can see them better than you guys...