What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

400w bare bulb vertical

wisco61

Day 56 of 12/12

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, I just hope it's not a train.

one Q

Quality
Veteran
what, a week to two weeks at the most?

Also, do you notice that the plant ripens differently?

TGT

Tom 'Green' Thumb
Veteran
I am guessing 14 oz bone dry. Looks excellent and great yield off a 400! I believe from growing many different ways vertical is most efficient, especially if every two months you have plants ready to trigger to flower with the help of another 400 for veg at a dif location. Geat read and beautiful grow, thanks, and hope you enjoy it!

TGT

wisco61

what, a week to two weeks at the most?

Also, do you notice that the plant ripens differently?

I'd say so. I haven't looked at the trichs yet, but will check in a couple days. The plants look to be ripening fairly evenly as far as pistil change indicates.

Thanks for stopping by TGT. Couple more weeks and we'll see about the final yield. I should have had more clones ready to go, but I got distracted by outdoor. I do have a few indoor leaning seeds started so I will probably have about 10 seed plants I will throw into 12/12 as soon as I harvest this. My other tent will be freed up soon also with all the outdoor plants going out June 1st, so we will get the verts really rolling.

wisco61

Day 63 12/12

picture.php

We got a little warm this week so a couple of the fan leaves got a little toasted. Its a little rough on the indoor but the outdoor plants love it! I've been checking the trichs and they are still mostly clear. This morning I saw a couple milky, so its very close. It is probably going to come down to when I have the free time over the next week or so. I should have some dry weights by mid June.

Natagonnaworrie

If you love life, don't waste time. For time is wh
Veteran
Sick. You can really see the progression in the last few weeks.

I like the way you set up the thread. Very easy to see the development. Especially the first post.

PEACE.

btw, i think the light at the end of the tunnel is 'White Lady'

jay6776

nice set up! I'm about to be setting up my 400w in a vertical fashion in the next day or two; these buds are lighting the fire under my ass!:moon:

ibjamming

Veteran
So...what's the verdict? How did the different ways of growing work out? Any "real" (meaning worth the trouble) differences between...leaving it be, training to the front, cutting off the back 1/4...? Or too soon to really tell?

I just finished a 400W vert with a CMH bulb. I didn't really notice that much increase in yield compared to horiz. It LOOKED like more...but it wasn't as dense. Same with a HPS vert grow I did. It looks impressive...but there's no meat...it's all fluff.

I also noticed that the plants that were started horiz and then went vert for flowering did better than the ones I grew vert the whole time. Denser and less stretched. Much higher yield.

I like the trademark burnt middle fan leaves...all mine get it too...

When are you going to harvest? By Trichome? Mine went 100 days because I waited for the first ambers.

Nice grow...enjoy!

one Q

Quality
Veteran
Interesting IB. Seems like the ones that veg hor and flower vert dont branch as much. cant say much about the fluffy tho.

one Q

Quality
Veteran
just curious, how tall did the vert grow go? pots and plant height combined, and plant height alone.

420Gurl

Wow, this grow looks very good.. This is a great example of maximizing a lights potential! Well done... just waiting on the harvest report.. :) Bless...

N

nukkumatti

We got some fluffy buds from the last vert too..But the temps were way too high in the end so can't really say anything before the next round.. :)

We veg them vertically too but think I'm gonna start vegging horizontally.. I like the looks of the plants more they're more compact and doesnt seem to stretch as much as in vert vegging.. :) Sorry bros if I'm rampling :D

Interested bout the final weights ! :)

boaboi86

Yeah me too! just set up my DWC and have a nice 400w switchibal. Been reading up on this vert shit and dam y did i just go buy this $100 fuckin cooling hood? ERRRRRR

Latest posts

Latest posts