What's new

4 x 600 watt round 2

Kilbud

doja420 said:
Just read through your whole grow man. Great work! I can't wait to see the harvest.

I'm curious about Overdrive. What other nutes, if any, did you add to the water besides the overdrive? Are you still using your normal flowering nutes in addition to the OD?

Hey Doja,

Here's my nute breakdown. I'm a newbie and received this recipe which I've made adjustments to. It's worked well for me!

Plant Feeding Chart

GH Veg Chart:

Cal – MG 3 ML Per Gal 3Ml (with every feed until final flush)
GH Grow 15 ML Per Gal 30ML
GH Micro 10 ML Per Gal 20ML Note – Always add micro 1st
GH Bloom 5 ML Per Gal 10ML
Liquid Karma 10 ML Per Gal 10ML
Roots Excelur 1.1 M L Per Gal Roots excelurator is ORGANIC!!
Carbo Load Liq. 3 ML Per Gal 3ML
Barricade Use as PH up to 5.6 – 6.0 (Always add to res last)
H2O2 5 ML per Gal (Don’t use when using anything organic!!)

If res is getting nasty I use H2O2 after 2-3 days

GH Transition to Bloom ( Last week of Veg )

Cal – MG 3 ML Per Gal (with every feed until final flush)
GH Grow 10 ML Per Gal
GH Micro 10 ML Per Gal Note – Always add micro 1st
GH Bloom 10 ML Per Gal
Liquid Karma 10 ML Per Gal
Roots Excelur 1.1 M L Per Gal Roots Excelurator is ORGANIC
Carbo Load Liq. 3 ML Per Gal
Barricade Use as PH up to 5.6 – 6.0
H2O2 5 ML per Gal (Don’t use when using anything organic!!)

GH Bloom Chart( 1st week of 12/12 mixes to 1150 PPM

GH Grow 5 ML Per Gal
GH Bloom 15 ML Per Gal
Roots Excelur 1.1 M L Per Gal
Carbo Load Liq. 3 ML Per Gal
Barricade Use as PH up to 5.6 – 6.0
H2O2 5 ML Per Gal

GH Bloom Chart(week 2-6 of 12/12 )

GH Grow 5 ML Per Gal
GH Bloom 15 ML Per Gal
Big Bud 15 ML Per Gal
Carbo Load Liquid 3 ML Per Gal
Barricade Use as PH up to 5.6
H2O2 5 ML Per Gal

GH Bloom Chart(week 7 of 12/12 till flush )
GH Grow 5 ML Per Gal
GH Bloom 15 ML Per Gal
Overdrive 10 ML Per Gal
Barricade Use as PH up to 5.6
H2O2 5 ML Per Gal

Flush Flush Flush ! 1-2 weeks of flush
5.6 PH RO water
Clearex Flush
Flush till leaves turn purple and fall off

Kilbud

Day 60 round 1 Day 16 Round 2

Day 60 round 1 Day 16 Round 2

Hi all,

The plants are happy as can be and the buds are still growing at a fast pace. :headbange I was using a 150 watt CFL for my moms which blew the other day and replaced it with a new wave 44. Those T5's are awesome my moms are growing much better now. Well lets get right to it here's some bud shots from day 60.

Round 1 day 60

Here's a comparrison shot between day 58 & 60.

Day 58

Day 60

Round 2 is speeding right along and it looks like another run of mega buds are on the way. Round 2 is running on CO2 from start to finish. I've got some concerns about putting too many plants in for round 2. It's already getting harder to move down the little walkway and when the buds start maturing I think it will be really difficult. I will have to get to the back of the room to harvest round 1 and then plant round 3. Here's some shots from rounmd 2 I hope you enjoy.

Round 2 day 16

I have to do a 2nd post today I have to many images. I hope your all enjoying the show :headbange

Peace all, KB

Kilbud

Round 3 Sotari Babies

Round 3 Sotari Babies

Round 3 is in day 15 of veg. I'm really excited about these Mandela Sotari's. :muahaha: I have read a lot of positive feedback on them and can't wait to get them into flower. I planted 30 seeds 20 1st and the the last 10 2 weeks later. I can't sex that many plants in my room. Now that I'm thinking about it I shouls have done 15 & 15, but I think I'm going to terminate about 5 of the weeker performers in the 1st 20 so I should be ok. Here's some shots of the Sotari's they are really beautiful plants.

Day 15 of veg

Last batch of seeds day 5 of veg

Well I hope your all enjoying the show :headbange

Peace all, KB

SirSmokalot

My Zips Be So Fluffy The Whole Town Love Me
Veteran
wow growth is exploding in those babies. and those buds have swellled considerably. great job getting those to continue to fatten. u b 1 happy camper.
Sir

doja420

man I can't wait to see the yields on these plants! What kind of yield are you expecting? And THANKS for the nute recipe!

Kilbud

Yeilds

Yeilds

doja420 said:
man I can't wait to see the yields on these plants! What kind of yield are you expecting? And THANKS for the nute recipe!

Being a newbie and this being my 1st harvest I really don't know to be honest. I can only reference what I do know about the plants.

6 plants total - of the 6 2 were stunted by being flooded 10 days into flowering they probably stayed flooded for 3 or 4 days. I was out of town on business and my wife didn't catch it.

I expect a good yeild from 4 of them. The buds are rock solid no airy buds here. The buds are so heavy I had to tie up the stem of one of the plants this morning because the plant was leaning over about 30 degrees.

My guess for the yeild is between 2 to 2.5 pounds. Olny time will tell. We should have a final dry weight in 3 weeks. If they buds on the healthy plants keep growing I might decide to keep them running a full 10 weeks before flush, which would mean 4 weeks for a dry weigh in. This would really help the stunted plants because they're around 2 weeks behind the others.

Thanks for the feedback Doja, KB

Kilbud

Lumatek Ballast

Lumatek Ballast

darrinjefferson said:
damn kilbud i cant wait to get my 4x600s goin!!!

what ballast did you get to go with your lights?

thanks for the help bro

later

Hi DJ,

I'm using the 600 w Lumatek Digital ballasts. I'm really happy with them. I gave you the link to Greentree's where I got them. They have the best deal I could find when you buy the whole package.

Peace, KB

Last edited:

Dr Dog

Sharks have a week dedicated to me
Veteran
Hey Dude

Thanks very much for the props, I will try and help you out where I can
Growing in soil or soiless(such as I do now, Promix) it is not that hard, by the look of your moms you are doing it right, basically make yourself a nice fluffy mix, I tend to get this by lots of perlite, sometimes 30 to 40 %, depending on how cheap my soil was.

I water them when they need it, use teh soil lift method, if they are heavy, they are full; if they are light, they are hungry, and I give them nutes at least 8 out of 10 waterings.

As for your ph, I would PH the water first then add your nutes, then recheck. I have pretty much perfect water here out of the taps, so I do not really have those issues.

But dude you have a killer grow going on here, I find it hard to believe I have missed it this long, but I will be back.
Take care man.
If you are looking for tips, I can also suggest watching this video series www.urbangrower.com

Shlomo

Those baby sotaris are the perfect colour of green... not too dark, not too light... the leaf edges have such pretty definition. Good start on those, man!

Murphy

:respect: You're doing great! Those buds are huge! I think you'll see more and more people taking notice. Nice diagram of the room.....I wish I had the gift of planning.

Kilbud

Need to flush soon

Need to flush soon

I just spent 45 minutes in the room trying to tie up buds. The branches just can't support the weight anymore. I was amazed at the size of the buds in the middle of the plants. The buds at the end of the braches are like the size of my fist. I was shocked at how heavy the buds were when I was trying to tie them to the main stem.

Before I started on plant maitenence I had to run to the store to fill my propane tank for CO2. What a bummer it ran through a full tank of propane in 2 weeks. I sealed the room up pretty well so I think the CO2 is being sucked out throught the lights. I'm going to have to seal them up better. I'd like to get at least 3 weeks out of the tank. I was really hoping for 4 or 5 weeks.

Well here's some photos of the plants starting to lean over. There were 4 side braches that we tied up that were hanging straight down.

Well I'm going out of town tomorrow and will be returning on Sunday evening. My cousin who is the only one who knows about my grow will be checking PH for me Saturday night. I will probably start flushing them on Monday when I return.

Peace all, KB

Kilbud

Thanks for the visit

Thanks for the visit

Dr Dog But dude you have a killer grow going on here, I find it hard to believe I have missed it this long, but I will be back.

Hey Dr. D thanks for the visit and advice.

Shlomo Those baby sotaris are the perfect colour of green... not too dark, not too light... the leaf edges have such pretty definition. Good start on those, man!

Hey Shlomo,

I'm really excited about the Satori grow. they are really starting to progress quickly. They should be ready for flower in a couple weeks.

Peace all see you on Sunday evening, KB

Kilbud

Plant "Issues & Causes"

Plant "Issues & Causes"

I wrote on Friday about my plant branches not being able to hold the weight. This was definetly becoming an issue on it's own the buds are getting very large, but my specific problem was caused by me. :bashhead: I had to change out the propane tank for CO2 and some how in that process I actually bumped the remote for the AC which shut it off. :spank: After changing the tank the CO2 burner cranked up. My wife and I came back to the room about hour later and the temperature shot up to 95 degrees. That's when my wife noticed the banches hanging straight down.

One thing I've noticed is most of the issues I've had have been caused by my actions :spank:
1st major issue - Plants flooded for 3-4 days when I was on a business trip. This was caused by the drain pump loosing prime. I have since discovered that when I move the controller buckets they often loose prime. So now every time I move my controller buckets I run a system check for flood and drain.
2nd major issue - One row of plants didn't get fed for 1 or 2 days. This was causwd by me moving the buckets around and getting a kink in one of the hoses.
The 3rd major issue is listed above.

All of these issues could have been avoided by me paying closer attention.

Now that I'm thinking about it. In order to tie up branches on Friday we had to move buckets around and I don't remember checking lines for kinks after moving buckets back to position. :fsu:

Well were heading home this afternoon and we'll see tonight how everthing is.
Running hydro systems adds to potential issue because there is so much to go wrong.

Peace all, KB

doja420

Man those are some monster Colas.

Sorry to hear about the most recent issue, just be glad MJ is so resilient, lol.

Kilbud

It's Flush Time!

It's Flush Time!

I got home this evening and inspected the plants. I could run them for longer but the buds on the middle branches are just so heavy the branches can't support them. I will start my flush tomorrow. The red hairs are pretty significant so I think all will be OK.

Being a newbie this feels like guess work for me this is my 1st grow. The Satori's in veg are growing rapidly and will be ready for flower in probably 2 weeks. I will post some new shots in the morning.

I would appreciate any input on harvesting a curing. I have an idea what to do but any input would be appreciated. I see you all in the morning.

Peace all, KB

TML16

Snow Grower ~OGA~
Veteran
Quite the sizable and well organized grow :yes:
I see your grow areas are more than adequate.

When you have problems such as tying up because of weight...you know your grow is going in the proper direction towards a well earned hearty harvest :canabis:
I think you're getting a great ida of how to get the job done on your 1st grow
8378applause.gif

Best of luck with flushing and harvesting...I'm sure you'll fare just fine...it seems to look like you know what you're doing. Nonethless we are all here if you have any specific questions :smile:

Glad I stopped by and checked it out...looking great man! :lurk:

Kilbud

Thoughts

Thoughts

Hi All,

TML - Thanks for your observations.

My wife is asian and her mother is still in asia over 7,000 miles away. Last night she was on the phone with mom who is Buddest and very religious. Her mom said to her "I spent six hours praying to Buddah last night and I started saying KB will make lots of money from flower this month" My wife was freaked because mom has no idea what's going on and was asking my wife what that meant. She even went further saying in coming months our financial issues would be solved making money from flower. She convinced she's right and she has no idea how right she is. Just a thought from a Karmic standpoint.

I was looking at the plants this morning and 2 of them could really use another 2 weeks or so before flush. I'm trying to figure out if I have room to set another temporary res so I can keep feeding the 2 plants and flush the others at the same time. This is a major reason to grow in soil because this problem doesn't exist.

I have to call CAP again this morning. The PPM 3 has locked up 3 days in a row. For $500 I should have to worry about this issue. I think I'm going to move to a green air product this is the last thing I should have to worry about.

Here's some photos from Round 1 Day 63

Big cola tied up.

Round 2 is moving along well here's some shots from Day 19

It looks like we have some more big Colas on the way.

Peace All, KB

Kilbud

Satori Babies

Satori Babies

The Satori's working in veg are moving along well. They should be ready in 2 weeks. The last 2 seeds finally broke through the shell and were planted this morning.

the Satori's are really a beautiful plant. :dance:

Here's some shots.

b abies finall crack the husk

Skunk moms under T5

See you soon, KB

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts