What's new

4 x 600 watt round 2

Kilbud

I still have 3-4 weeks left on my 1st flower. I definetly had my issues being a newbie. The only significant problem I had was when I had to leave on a business trip and my wife was watching the PH for 4 days. There was an air lock in the drain pump and the plants were flooded for 3 days straight. I had 7 beauties going and lost 1. There were 2 others significantly stunted by the flood. I probably lost 25-35% of my yeild. Here's some recent photos of the 1st run.

I can't complain the buds are looking really sweet and you have to expect the learning curve.

I just moved 14 clones into flower. Last time I veged to long and went into flower between 24-26". This time they're going in at 12- 14 inches. The room is 95% complete I still have to add the Gen1e co2 burner, seal the room as best as possible and then some detail work. Here's a drawing of the final layout.

The 1st run I had 2 600 watt lights up and tried to use co2 with tanks but ran through the co2 in 4 days. I added 2 more 600 watters, the light venitlation system using an 8" vortex, built out the recessed opening for the gen1e and added a 12,000 btu mini split which is awesome.

here's some photos

recessed opening

House AC vent moved from flower room to veg/res area

Mini split & light ventilation

New lights

Recessed box outside over box for can 100 with max 10 fan.

recessed box inside

Day 1 clones in flower

1st flower buds 3-4 weeks left.

It's still a mess in the veg & res area. I've got 25 hours in the last 2 days finishing the buildout. The lights go on at 8PM so it's been some really late nights. I'll throw up some photos when I finish cleaning up.

Any thoughts or ideas would be grearly appreciated.

Peace all KB :muahaha:

Kilbud

Equipment Breakdown

Equipment Breakdown

Here's a list of equipment used.

4 Radiant 8 hoods
4 Hortilux 600 watt hps
4 Lumetek 600 watt digital ballasts
1 DIY 4 light 220v realy turn on switch.
1 New Wave 48 T5
1 150 watt CFL with bat wing
2 24 T5's for seedlings
1 EZ clone 30
2 DIY controller buckets
40 3.5 gallon buckets
6 intermatic timers
1 34 gallon brute res
1 43 gallon brute res
1 55 gallon res for RO
1 RO system
120' 1/2 tubing
1 2x4 ebb&flow tray
1 35 gallon res for above
1 Can 100 carbon filter
1 Max 10 fan
1 Vortex 8" fan
25' 8" ducting
1 Sanyo 12,000 btu low ambient mini split
1 Cap PPM 3
1 gen1e propane co2 burner
6 bags of hydroton
1 roll of mylar
20' reflective floor covering
Lots of misc. fittings, extension cords, surge surpressors etc.

This doesn't include all the building materials to build out the room.

I don't even want to figure out how much I've spent to this point maybe after a few runs when monies are recoupted I'll try to add it up.

Peace all KB :fsu:

Last edited:

Kilbud

Let's talk Nutes!

Let's talk Nutes!

When I started I made what I consider a bad decision and got caught up in the AN Hype. :bashhead: Well I'm embarrased to say I dumped over a grand on AN thinking I should buy large to save money. :bashhead: Burned my plants, inaccurate calculator and PH unstable done! :fsu: So now I'm using the AN products I originally bought for veg only. I only veg for 2-3 weeks now so it will take me a year or 2 to use up the An.

This formula was given to me by a friend who is a very succesful grower. I'm really happy with it. I've have no nute burn and the PH is really stable I make a small PH adjustment every day or 2. This is for flowering for now and I will use for Veg when I burn through my AN.

GH - grow, micro and bloom
Botanicare - Liquid Karma & Cal Mag
H&G - Roots Excelurator "I use instead of Voodoo Juice"
AN - Barricade as PH up only, Scorpion juice Foliar only, Carbo Load, Big Bud, Overdrive & Final Phase
H2O2

Yes I'm using select AN products in this formula. My original purchase was based on their Sensi grow caculator for veg.

Peace All, KB :muahaha:

G

KILBUD, NICE ROOM! LOOKS LIKE YOUR GETTING YOUR SHIT TOGETHER! NICE DX UNIT!
GOT THIS ONE TAGGED!

Kilbud

Feedback

Feedback

Thanks everyone for your positive feedback. :headbange

I've been pretty much down and out today. My hands are so sore from building and I guess nute burn.

I'm having a little problem with some seeds I planted. I got some Mandela Sotari and I was so busy with the build out I didn't have the room to set up my small 23 watt t5's for my seeds till I was done and the plants streched really long. I'm holding them up with match sticks and long screws. I did set them up under my 150 watt cfl today.

Are they going to make it?
How is this strech going to affect them.

I was hoping to have them ready for the next grow . I planted 20 and I think only 14 or 15 will make it. Here's a photo:

Sotari's

res room it's still a mess

Kilbud

Ailing plant

Ailing plant

I got up this morning and one of my plants is drooping. I'm not sure what's causing this. The temperature gauge for the AC is about 4' high on the wall is reading 76 degrees and the probe from other tempature gauge which is sitting on one of the pots is reading 83 degrees. The lights are about 3' up from the plants.

Any ideas?

Here's a couple photos:

The babies are looking better since I helped support them and got them under the propper light yesterday.

Thanks, KB :muahaha:

Kilbud

Treatment

Treatment

Well the only thing I could think of was the roots weren't getting water/nutes, so I just watered the plant directly. It's lights out now so we'll see how it's doing tonight.

KB

Stealthy

Hey Kilbud nice setup man!
Your sick girl looks like she hasn't had any water for a while. If you hand watered and she didn't perk up pretty quickly then I would move on and check some other things like lack of O2...btw are you using rockwool or just straight up hydroton??

Kilbud

Sick Girl

Sick Girl

Stealthy said:
Hey Kilbud nice setup man!
Your sick girl looks like she hasn't had any water for a while. If you hand watered and she didn't perk up pretty quickly then I would move on and check some other things like lack of O2...btw are you using rockwool or just straight up hydroton??

Hey Stealthy,

I hand watered her right before the lights went out this morning. I thought I saw her starting to perk up and then click the lights went off.

I have my buckets sitting on 1x10's so more water drains out of the bottom of the buckets. This time around I used the small 6" pots with the netted bottom and sides. Ther're not very deep so maybe the water is just reaching the bottom of the pots. For next couple watering cycles I'm going to hold the float sensors down to get a couple more inches of water in the pots. I did this on the 1st watering cycle after moving to flower.

I'm using straight hydroton.

I just pick up some tomatoe cages today. I'll try them tonight and see how they fit. I used bamboo stakes the 1st time around and it's a pain in the ass. It will be a lot easier supporting the buds with the cages if they fit.

Thanks for the feedback Stealthy.

Last edited:

Kilbud

CO2

CO2

I picked up the gen1e co2 burner today and started working on sealing the exterior walls of the room today. I'm using silicone to seal the seams in the drywall and will use duct tape for any large areas to seal.

Any ideas on sealing the lights?

I have 4 Radiant 8 hoods. 2 of them are last years model and 2 are new. This years model the glass seals much better than last years. Last years model you put the foam around the edges and slide the glass in. I think there will definetly be some leaking there. This years model the glass and frame is held in by a bolt. When you release the bolt the glass and frame swing down.

I hope to get the burner running this evening, but more likely tomorrow.

Peace all, KB

B

Bigtimer7

WOW!!!

Great job man! That looks fire buddy. I love it. GUnan be one hell of a show. Lets see some shots of the CO2!

I cant wait to see the nugs blowing up in there. Anyway man good job and keep doin what your doing cuz it seems to be workin!

Kilbud

CO2's Up

CO2's Up

Just finished 4 hours of trying to seal the room and mount the Gen1e. I got the burner up and running all's good with that, but I have a lot of work to do sealing the room.

Can anyone tell me what's a good ratio for CO2 burning vs down time. It started out around 50-50, but I got that down already. I know I can do more to seal the room, but I'm looking for something to shoot for.

Here's some shots from tonights work. I can't wait till the build out is over. :cuss:

Thanks Bigtimer for the positive feedback :headbange I've been working my but off and still haven't even had my 1st harvest yet. I've got some beautiful buds working and it makes me feel better when someone jumps in and say's right on!

Peace all, KB

Kilbud

Ailing plant

Ailing plant

When lights went on the ailing plant was all better. I guess it was just short of juice.

Tomorrow morning I'm going to mount a few tomatoe cages and see how they work out. I'll also be working on sealing the room and cleaning up it's a mess in there. :spank:

KB

Kilbud

Cages and photos

Cages and photos

I got up this morning and installed the tomatoe cages. I think they will work well and will pick up cages for the rest of my plants. I had to cut them down 1 level but this grow should be about a foot shorter than the previous. Here's some photos of the cages.

Here's some bud shots from round 1 Day 47 in bloom.

I've been using Big Bud and all the buds are rock solid. I just started CO2 last night and will start Overdrive on the next res change. The red hairs are starting to show now.

G

guest5703

This is perfect bro, your doin a hell of a job for a newbie ;) Got someone helping you along there?

Those bud shots are very good as well, what strain were you running at first? You hit the dot I thought the girl needed water too probably just needs more of a root system before it can chill by herself huh?

Great work I'll be watching, PEACE

Kilbud

caligreen said:
This is perfect bro, your doin a hell of a job for a newbie ;) Got someone helping you along there?

Those bud shots are very good as well, what strain were you running at first? You hit the dot I thought the girl needed water too probably just needs more of a root system before it can chill by herself huh?

Great work I'll be watching, PEACE

Hey Cali,

Thanks for the pat on the back. :headbange I'm on my own. Like Jorge C say's no one should know about your endevours that's the safest way. My wife lends a hand when I can't do something on my own. I've really been beating up my body building this project out on my own, but the build out is almost done. I have another week of trim out and detail and then were in cruise control.

I'm running Skunk#1 for round 1 & 2. I chose it for it's legendary quality, big yeilder and the fact that it's easy to grow and very forgiving to newbie mistakes. I've had a couple mainly the 3 days the plants were flooded when I had to go on a business trip.

I've got some Mandela Sotari seeds working right now and shoud have some in round 3. Their really pissing me off though. They are stretching too much and I've already lost 2 of 18 to the stems bending over and creasing. I was really excited about getting my Sotari's running hopefully they stabilize soon. Being a newbie I just don't know what to do in all the different situations I run into.

Thanks again, KB

Kilbud

CO2 data

CO2 data

Spent the day sealing the outside of the room as best I can. Lights went on and I sealed up 2 known leaks inside the room. I measured the time it takes for the room to drop from 1550 PPM which is the shut off setting on the PPM3 to 1450 which is turn on on the PPM3.

Shut off to turn on time is 3min47sec.
Turn on to turn off time is 1min38sec.

The Gen1E is burning around 16 minutes an hour.

If anyone knows if that's high, low or average give me a shout.

I'm sure the buds are just loving the CO2. They're big and heavy and solid as rocks. Well I'm looking forward to the next res change. That means I'm 1 week closer to harvest. I'm guessing I've got 3 to 4 weeks left. I'm starting to get the red hairs on the buds. I will be kicking in Overdrive this on the next res change and then Final Phase and flush, flush and flush for 2 weeks.

Have a great weekend everyone,

KB :muahaha: