What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

4 x 3 x 2

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
Its just Promix without a suffix - no 'HP', 'BX' or 'CC'. There is an undisclosed amount of ferts in it - has to be, maybe lime too. That's the only explanation I can fathom as to why making my own version lead to massive calcium deficiencies in veg - something that's never happened using the real deal.

I have yet to ph the runoff of Promix, but the homemade version gave me surprising results. Initial test read, 3rd time runoff, and nuted water all measured between 4.0 - 4.4. In fact to get a reading of 6.4 - 6.6, I had to ph the input to 10.0! And Ill tell ya, the ladies did not like that. The leaves got all wavy and twisted fast.

------------------------------------------

Looks like Im going to have to load 3 more plants into the pit. Theyre 2'+ tall and I don't want to top them again. Ill pot them up and throw the dice to the wind. Its called craps right? Oops, wrong thread. Come to think of it, the threads are practically the same - dealing with crap.

tleaf jr.

Came up off 75w
Veteran
running short on spae myself all rejects will be placed outside in the ground :tiphat: said I wouldn't go od this year but I cant fight that urge

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
I think everyone who can manage to get a plant OD should. You cant beat the sun and its free! One of the very few things that still is.

Im going to go with 3 this year - 1 each of MM, SLH and B #4. I gotta start calling B something else. Bodacious is kinda lame - makes me think of the mid-80s. Everyone sneers and/or snickers when they hear it.

Afghan bullrider x white lotus and it tastes like sour pine. Redeye is in the PNW. Hmmm... white, bull, pine, northern tier states... Spirit Moose! No no that wont due. White Stag? White Pine? Cascadia? I can just say its blah blah x blah blah, but that only gets me blank stares.

I don't want to argue the moral/ethical issue. Id never deny the genetics or Redeye. I really don't see any harm in it. Its apparently not going any further than f1. Seems the only thing Red is keeping out of these Ortega and White Lotus crosses is Mt. McKinley.

Discuss.

Gelado`

Veteran
Wish I could put a few out--no space in the heart of the city though! I started off with outdoor growing when I was 16 and wish I had the room. Ah well, indoors is a lot easier to control, and it's time to flower as soon as I move plants into the tent!

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
Seems I blew my load of rep for today on 5LeggedGoats '77 Maui thread.

Western Pine? Balsam Snow?

silver hawaiian

Veteran
I think everyone who can manage to get a plant OD should. You cant beat the sun and its free! One of the very few things that still is.

Im going to go with 3 this year - 1 each of MM, SLH and B #4. I gotta start calling B something else. Bodacious is kinda lame - makes me think of the mid-80s. Everyone sneers and/or snickers when they hear it.

Afghan bullrider x white lotus and it tastes like sour pine. Redeye is in the PNW. Hmmm... white, bull, pine, northern tier states... Spirit Moose! No no that wont due. White Stag? White Pine? Cascadia? I can just say its blah blah x blah blah, but that only gets me blank stares.

I don't want to argue the moral/ethical issue. Id never deny the genetics or Redeye. I really don't see any harm in it. Its apparently not going any further than f1. Seems the only thing Red is keeping out of these Ortega and White Lotus crosses is Mt. McKinley.

Discuss.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCrkOt2ElHI

Maybe there's something to that name, with the Afghani Bullrider lineage?

..either way, a little something to perhaps give you a different mental association with the word. ;)

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
Thanks silver, that was rad! Cant believe I missed Primus every time they came out this way. But, hey, Primus sucks! ;)

Power Cheese #1 final tally: 4.25 oz dry - more like 4 by the time the jars get sealed.

:moon: Y'all know who that's for :biggrin:

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
Pics from the Plantry

Starting with the 3 ladies being sent to the pit.

PC #1

picture.php

PC #2 - Hopefully less stress caused by me this time.

picture.php

BS 2.2 #2 - She was rootbound and started budding - time to go.

picture.php

Now 2 future residents of the future room.

MM

picture.php

BS 2.2 #3

picture.php

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
A couple of the Strawberry Diesels.

picture.php

picture.php

You might have noticed these. This is what happens when your plants lack calcium. The leaves started with a light bronzing that spread and became whitish. And that lead to the leaves dying off.

picture.php

This one better shows the healthy new growth. Im inclined to believe that all Promix has lime.

picture.php

Might as well use up the allowance - some clones, should be hitting dirt in a couple days.

picture.php

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
Upping my Mg has meant my red stems have mostly disappeared...

My record keeping has gone out the window with all the BS. but, Ive noticed a return to much healthier green stems since switching to Lucas.

Its true when they say 8/16 is too strong for 400 w and under. They loved the super shot initially, but got a bit twisted. 5/10 is better, but Im going to try 4/8 to compensate for whatever is in Promix. Just got to keep the ratios correct.

BS 2.2 #1 comes down Sunday! And thats a very good thing. Its got to be better than PC, which is - and I say this a lot - generic. Nothing special about the flavor or high. Sure it could be all the stressors, but the plants that come out great despite my 'best efforts' are the special ones.

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
This thread sucks! Fucking guy couldn't grow a wart!

Well I could, but the hairs would be all brown and gross. Ewww!

Im officially departnered - and I couldn't be much happier with that :D

Only 5 plants to go and the nightmare is over. I consider this thread dead - like the poor ladies in the pit. Not really, but so close. Even MM is failing and that's heartbreaking.

The plantry, however, is looking bomb! 5/10 is working beautifully except for the StrawDs who seem to like a lil extra cal/mag. SLH has come back with a vengeance, but might be happier with 4/8 - we'll see.

So that's it bros, friends, lurkers and passers-by. Ill be flipping the plantry as soon as I get my little shoplight closet running again. Wont take long - no kids next week - and if I don't flip soon, Ill run out of space.

Don't know if Ill start a new thread - might leave it to a coin toss.

Yay!! Im happy, happy, happy!

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
No drama to speak of - surprised? Ya me too.

The short of it: I told him he had 5 weeks to get a new partner (That's when the room should be empty.). I said that I wasn't enjoying it anymore. Your heart shouldn't get heavy as youre unlocking the door to your grow. I told him I didn't want to constantly make clones for other people, that theres a pollen chuck that I should have harvested the seeds from already. I said I didn't want co2 and bloom boosters. I need to grow how I want to grow, not how he thinks I should.

It went smoothly. Im letting him keep all the FF, I keep the GH. He was willing to give me 1/2 the plugs that he paid for. Im giving him 6 plants to keep himself going. He said we could trade clones. I said $100 each because youre going to charge people for clones and make 100s off beans I bought or made, that I spent 100s on. Hes about making money so it only seems right to stick him with the adage "It takes money to make money". Im serious about this. Im not $ oriented but over time he will make 1000s off my $ and work. Im going to tell everyone who wants to buy a clone from him that "Ill give you one for free", if I happen to be sitting there.

Ive got no problem giving out clones (or beans), I just don't want to be doing it constantly. Ive made a couple hundred clones for others since partnering up and its interfered with what I want to do.

Get this: He tells me he doesn't want to partner up with Mr. 10 minutes later, Mr walks through the door and now theyre partners. Mr is going to do it his way and not exPs way. Theres going to be a clash. Mr already has exP buying 3 tents because he doesn't like solid construction. Hes also going to put 1 of those tents in the current room to use for veg. Hope youre not going to use the air in there.

------------------------------------

Now Im free! Im getting ready to place a couple bean orders. These will be the 1st I don't get through the Bay/Bou. Going to get some Ace and Cannabiogen (Tropical Seeds, Seeds of Africa too ?) offerings in reg 5 packs and some pick-n-mix regs - Ill get those 4 per strain. Why? It would be foolish to buy a single or 2 regs, 3 gives better odds and 4 is my lucky number. Getting a couple of fem beans too. !?! These are femmed strains Ive smoked before and Im hoping to get a similar plant from the beans.

So that's 2 votes for a new thread. Anyone else? You wont be waiting long for bud shots. If I can get everything squared away this weekend, Ill be flipping.

In the plantry, waiting to bud, Ive got:
4 StrawDs - need sexing
2-3 BS 2.2s
2 SLH
1 MM

Ive got another 8-10 plants to move for continued vegging, 3 for outdoors and a couple Vitality seedlings.

Im going to pop 2 each of MM f2, LC x MM and a couple others that Ill let you folks vote on.

My list -

Pollen chucks -
SLH x Midnight Madness
Love Cheese x MM
MM f2

Beans -
Vitality #1 - 2 currently growing
Vitality #3
Chocolate Thai x Vitality
The White x Vitality
SSSC Lot M69 f2
Deep Chunk-olate
Gonzo #2
Strawberry Diesel f3 - 4 currently awaiting sexing
Chocolope x OG Kush by Vagpuncher
Midnight Madness
5Gs Yellow x (OG x Chemdog) f2
Sour Chocolope x Agent Orange

Personally, Im leaning towards the 5Gs, Sour Chocolope and Lot M69.

Latest posts

Latest posts