What's new

4 and 5 Level Vertical Grow 270 Plants

Been a busy week. Was a little late getting photos with the lights on so not much to show. They have topped out with a bit of space between the levels. If we had another level in there it would be a perfect canopy.
Not expecting 2gpw :) but should be around 1.5. Getting ready for another cycle so we will try again. These were around 8in when they were flipped. Next round the levels will fill in and overlap 4-6in which will make a huge difference. Also getting one set up with 20-30 plants and building a canopy with bigger trees. You all know it takes longer the build the canopy, but the buds are much bigger. Looking forward to doing a side by side.

Purple Trainwreck

Tops filling out.

Lots of secondary branches with 3-4 buds.

Grapefruit section of the five level. Hard to see from this angle, but there are a lot of branches with golf ball size buds filling out. Hasn't been defoliated, just the plants and the angle.

You can see them a little better here. Don't seem to get good shots from this side.

metafeez

hi guys ,
would be nice to know how you calculate ur gpw , is it the simple light power / dry weight ?
Because imho its just a total wrong calculation .. Please , take ur best calculator and add to ur light power :

Kwatts consuming in growth part ( its so easy to have gpw if you take 1month of growth... )
fans (all)
pumps(all)
and all others kwatts you forgot ..

Without that all values are just non scientific and incomparable .

Hi metafeez. I agree that without factoring veg time it isn't a fair gpw calculation. I have heard guys tell me that they are getting 2+, but vegging for 6 -8 weeks. Not really comparable. The more accurate equation and one obviously used by production facilities is the total usage-costs p/gram. Electric, water, nutes, etc. Even gpw/days would be more accurate. If someone tells me they are getting this gpw or that gpw I always ask how many days of veg and under how many watts. I do include veg time in mine and yes the general formula used is dry weight/light power.

I do not include the pump used to water every few days or the 10in floor fan in the equation. These are such small fractions of wattage used compared to lights that most people exclude unless they are calculating total cost.

Another weekly update...

Purple trainwreck day 45. Needs about 2.5 weeks to finish. A lot of nice solid buds all the way through.

Side view

Getting solid development on the inside.

5 Level is filling in. These need 3+ weeks.

nonstop

i m sure it will be grate quality. Just asking , not suggesting. It would be interesting to compare the test results of your size plants vs the same clone grown bigger.

Definitely. All the sections get tested. There are 15 gavitas running and all the plants under those are large. They will yield 2-3 of ounces each.

Thanks guys! Been busy lately. The final stuff should be ready in a couple of weeks. Here are a couple of photos. They started flushing a little soon you can see. Good solid development all the way through.
I can't add anymore photos unfortunately. It seems There is no more room so I will have to figure that out. Any suggestions without having to delete and shrink photos already uploaded?

Been awhile. I had to delete all the photos. They were too large and I will be doing another thread so I need the space. I will shrink some of the ones I posted here and re-post them at some point.
Smallest plant was 12g and the largest was 32g. Most were around 20 which was nice. I am convinced that using a larger number of smaller plants is the most productive and easiest turn around. As most of you know with the larger plants you have to train and fill in the canopy. With the small plants they fill it in on their own. Minimal training. I will have comparisons in the next thread. I will post that link soon.

PS. We are developing our 2 light system for DE lights. We will have a bare bulb set up and an air cooled. We are focusing now on the same yield with only 2 DE lights covering 150sqft of canopy in our systems. Yields with the DE lights so far have been great.

Latest posts

Latest posts