What's new

3x3 LED SoG, a perpetual thread.

DZLHIT

Added another 1 gallon clone, and the reveg plant is back in there too

picture.php

picture.php

Move them back as if it were going to be filled, plenty of room left. I raised the light a bit to expand the footprint to where I think it will be.

42" from the ground, and approximately 28" above the tops.

Soil mix is 'cooking' :D

DZLHIT

DIY fabric pots

DIY fabric pots

100% post consumer recycled materials. Eco-felt from your fabric store.

picture.php

picture.php

Some bud shots from 5-6 days ago...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

DZLHIT

Seedlings were topped

Seedlings were topped

The OG Kush...

picture.php

picture.php

Not super happy with this one.

The Liberty Haze...

picture.php

picture.php

I expected her to be lanky, not sure whats up with the kush.

DZLHIT

NL x Skunk (Freebie) Looking sweet

picture.php

picture.php

Two bonsai in the works... both from reveg; the first LED harvest.

picture.php

picture.php

You will probably see updated LED flowering shots tonight, I will have to water I am sure.

DZLHIT

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

These are all mostly done stretching, I have not done much to them. Just maintenance pruning, I find it really important to expose the bud sites directly. 4 more plants in the flowering tent, not shown including the freak-mini auto and the giant reveg-reflower.

gardenfather

After Reading your thread and seeing these great results, Im going to sell my brand new Lights setup and buy some LED grow lights.

I have a brand new 600w Ballast and 600w HPs + a new reflector. Ill just sell it all on ebay :) im hoping to get my money back at least so i can put it towards those leds :)

DZLHIT

Two other people I know made the switch from HPS to LED with me, they are happy. I'm not running any big lights at the moment, but will be swapping out for all LED after seeing this 3x3 run. What am I going to do with those Kahuna hoods? :\ Ebay I guess.

My buddy replaced a 1k on a light mover with a panel that draws 520 watts and put it on the same mover. He had to adjust for a more narrow foot print, and made it longer. He covers I believe a 4x10 (possibly 4x12) space with 520 watts. I think it was 5x10 and went to 4x12. I spoke with him recently and he was raving. Overall high temps, are way down. Bud is more dense and plants flower more vigorously. (I believe this has to do with the 660/730 nm ration we are running). His GPW is outrageous now.

bluefoodie

Hey DZLHIT, where did you get your Evergrow panel? I've been reading up and BSLED, Cidly, and Evergrow seem to be the better Chinese LED's out there. I'm looking to get a Nova S6.

DZLHIT

Can you receive PM's or is that 50 posts? I can give you the sales agent email address I am in contact with, her name is Mary.

evergrowlighting.com or .cn are their official websites, but you contact a sales rep, they will offfer you customization and help you process the order. They use paypal, and a canadian paypal account....so "Bill Me Later" won't work...I tried :D

They also take bank transfer and western union.

LMK if you need help or have questions.... my goal is not to push this particular brand but I do like them.

Trying to keep it more about the technology and plant response... eventually a clear winner will prevail for these 3 and 5 watt chip technologies. Paying 1,000 dollars for a "Made in USA" is not the solution, as all the components come from these Chinese companies anyway. The only perk is the warranty process, not having to ship back to China is pretty nice...but it's being shipped somewhere right? How many retail locations carry LED panels.... none I have seen.

DZLHIT

Flowering tent

Flowering tent

picture.php

picture.php

This tall plant was from the previous harvest under the LED. She was a mom before that, a 100% coir transplant to soil (root pruned). Then after she flowered the first time, we hacked her down into a 1 gallon, with more fresh soil...vegged her up...and bam she's bbbaaacccckkk

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Looks like the soil is pretty active, would be cool to see it take over the entire pot.

DZLHIT

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

This is only a few plants, but probably keep the thread more organized if I just focus on certain ones. I'll switch it up next time, lots of weird branching on some of the newer ones.

ChemDgMillionre

Veteran
very very cool thread. i dig your style man, you know your shit. i'll have to pick your brain about spectrums when i get a sec.. i didnt have mine tailored to anything specific, so im kinda regretting that now.. but im still in a much much better position (wave-length-wise) than relying solely on HPS. that PAR meter is really cool, might get me one!

DZLHIT

very very cool thread. i dig your style man, you know your shit. i'll have to pick your brain about spectrums when i get a sec.. i didnt have mine tailored to anything specific, so im kinda regretting that now.. but im still in a much much better position (wave-length-wise) than relying solely on HPS. that PAR meter is really cool, might get me one!

O hell yea, more photons is usually better. That is still the #1 important factor. Hell, they will even use yellow and green light once the reds and blues are at their "maximum" levels. I bet you will notice a yield increase from the overall added PAR and quality increase from tailored spectrums. You don't have to try and be efficient with them; I think using them for more raw power is pretty sweet too.

This is actually an excellent time for you to decide which spectum balance you like. It might be wildly different than mine, considering you are using them in a hybrid roll. I wouldn't call them 'supplemental' as they are pretty fucking bright as you now know :)

Wear sunglasses now, if you didn't with HIDs already. LEDs are even worse.

DZLHIT

These are all one gallon fabric pots right now, some are smart pots and some are generic brand. And yes, pretty much. I clone in rapid rooters, then veg for a few in solo cups. I then move them into 1 gallon containers. I could go rapid rooter -> 1 gallon, but I just don't have enough of them right now.

Root ball wasn't overly impressive, but still seems like a decent yield for the size plant.

I chopped the first two we put in there, only 47 days to finish. Last time 55 was too much. Times before under HID it would be 60-65. Amber trichomes were clearly visible with my 60-100x pocket scope, top and bottom buds. Not yet 5%, but I like this cut "early".

I am only showing one of the two plants, they were nearly identical.

Bottom bud, lowest branch. 36+ inches from the LED most of the time. Dense as rocks.

picture.php

Bottom three branches removed, and the rest untrimmed.

picture.php

The whole thing, minus those 3 lower branches....

picture.php

Not bad considering they started like this, my little testers:

picture.php

Yesca73

those are some nice looking plants for an LED
I just purchased my first LED
Hope I get some nice results like yours
keep up the good work man

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Enjoying what I see, along w/ your toys. :)

I can't quite bring myself to ditch the HID's totally, but I'm loving my LED's as supplemental "corner brighteners".
Love seeing what these units do on their own, thx for documenting! :yes:

Latest posts

Latest posts