What's new

3x3 Closet Grow

DoloDankness

Thank you nickman!!! Appreciate the kind words. I'm glad you mentioned they don't do it all the time because today the one that was praying yesterday wasn't today. No droopy though. I don't really think I can poke too many holes in these pots since they're plastic. Next run I'd like to move to fabric pots, I feel like that would help me with drainage.

DoloDankness

Got back from chillin w some friends today and got back to my garden, the soil is still a little moist towards the bottom of the pot. The plant that was droopy is still droopy, not really sure whats going on.. I poked holes on the bottom and sides of the pot (close to the bottom) to try and help with the soil draining. Some of the plants are looking like they are starting to yellow towards the bottom. Should I feed them? If so with what? Fish fertilizer? Dry amendments? Either way they need to be fed soon. Probably need to make a decision by tomorrow. Oh and a side note all of the autos were males. Sad but oh well way more room for the regs to take off.

Another thing to note is that the growth hasn't necessarily stopped but has definitely slowed down, could be from me topping.. I'm not sure though.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
morning doh'!
that sucks that your autos turned out to be male plants, maybe one day you will want to keep the males and try chucking your own pollen but for now lets just ditch them
that means you will have more space in the garden now so maybe we could think about moving those other plants up into larger containers soon
they are growing in hf soil? how many weeks along are they again, maybe three-four?
there should be enough nutrients in the soil for now but we will have to keep an eye on those yellow leafs
/the plant is moving the nutrients to the new growth at the top
what are your temps looking like right now

DoloDankness

Wassup ya'll got some pics for you!! Alright pop rocks sounds good, I'm probably just worrying too much. My temps right now are like 75-82 F. Not too bad when I keep up with the humidifier it keeps it around 50-55% RH as well. I woke up today and the Chewy Runtz #1 was praying again. :) Heres a few photos of the garden. I watered a small amount to all of the plants except the wilting plant. Btw I've tried multiple ways to get these pics to be upright but nothing seemed to work. So sorry for the sideways pictures lmao.

Above is the Lemon Up #2 feminized

Above is the Chewy Runtz #2, the wilting plant.

This is the Lemon Up #1 feminized, seems to be taking off.

This is the Chewy Runtz #1, the praying plant. lol

Last edited:

DoloDankness

Went in to check the plants this morning and everything was praying except for the wilting plant... the soil seemed dry in its pot but I haven't watered yet. Should I keep letting it go or water it today?

I had to water the wilting plant today... the soil was bone dry. I only watered a fraction of what i gave the other plants.

Last edited:

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
happening doh'
you definitely want to water the plant with the drainage issues, you just want to give it time to soak in
/pour some water on it, then wait a bit, then pour some more
you could also water from below, by placing it into a dish of water
glad to hear the other plants are doing well

DoloDankness

happening doh'
you definitely want to water the plant with the drainage issues, you just want to give it time to soak in
/pour some water on it, then wait a bit, then pour some more
you could also water from below, by placing it into a dish of water
glad to hear the other plants are doing well

I think what had happened was a pH issue, the plant seems to be bouncing back finally. The fan leaves has some crinkle going on, and that's where I drew the pH conclusion. It seemed to enjoy the water it got yesterday, so all should be well within a few days. Thanks for the help!! I feel like I need to upload pics almost everyday with this growth. It's probably close to 1/2 an inch a day at this point. Another week or two in these pots and then I'm gonna move them into a 3 gallon to finish. You think that'll be okay or should I go for the 5 gallon bucket?

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
I think what had happened was a pH issue, the plant seems to be bouncing back finally. The fan leaves has some crinkle going on, and that's where I drew the pH conclusion. It seemed to enjoy the water it got yesterday, so all should be well within a few days. Thanks for the help!! I feel like I need to upload pics almost everyday with this growth. It's probably close to 1/2 an inch a day at this point. Another week or two in these pots and then I'm gonna move them into a 3 gallon to finish. You think that'll be okay or should I go for the 5 gallon bucket?

how long are you thinking of vegging after you transplant them?
i like to give the plant a little time to adjust to their new homes and fill the soil with roots
/the plants are at what week of growth; 6-7w or so?
thats great that you are experiencing that explosive growth; that means they have started filling in a nice root ball and are taking up all the goodness in the soil
this is also the time we want to clean things up and trim back a few of the smaller lower branches to push more energy to the tops and keep things manageable
maybe next time you can post a profile pic as well as a top down shot,im thinking trim these back to the four main tops
/in the fim case you will have five main colas
keep it up brother and get ready, the fun is just about to begin

DoloDankness

These things are only 4 weeks in pop!! But i got you for sure I know exactly what you mean when you say clean it up except for the four main tops (five on the fimmed one). But you're right about waiting to transplant, I was only planning to do that a week or two before I flip to flower. One of the plant's new two tops came up and they had a purple tint to them, was that because of temps?

Everythings been controlled and maintained from 75-80 F and RH at 45-65% (depending if the light is on or off).

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
yeah df', they all look really good!
i like the ffof too man, hf is another good one

wow doh, they all look really nice
im not going to worry about some purple in the plant at this point, they look healthy and the cause could be environment/ genetics, that purple drank?!?
if you have the space and the dirt, i would transplant them sooner than wait till closer to flower
you want them to have time to fill in the bucket with roots, thats what will give you a fat healthy harvest
so you only have four plants now, what are the dimensions of the spce again?*
they are all looking good and you are doing great
/keep an eye on the temps but if we can keep them in the low-80s thats ok, especially once you flip to flower you can just not run your lights during the hottest part of the day

eta: derp! just saw the thread title
your space is 3x3 and depending on how the plants stretch we might be able to keep those lower branches but lets see how the plants grow
i would still like to cut those out and just bend the tops
its the damn candies!

DoloDankness

yeah df', they all look really good!
i like the ffof too man, hf is another good one

wow doh, they all look really nice
im not going to worry about some purple in the plant at this point, they look healthy and the cause could be environment/ genetics, that purple drank?!?
if you have the space and the dirt, i would transplant them sooner than wait till closer to flower
you want them to have time to fill in the bucket with roots, thats what will give you a fat healthy harvest
so you only have four plants now, what are the dimensions of the spce again?*
they are all looking good and you are doing great
/keep an eye on the temps but if we can keep them in the low-80s thats ok, especially once you flip to flower you can just not run your lights during the hottest part of the day

eta: derp! just saw the thread title
your space is 3x3 and depending on how the plants stretch we might be able to keep those lower branches but lets see how the plants grow
i would still like to cut those out and just bend the tops
its the damn candies!

Shit pop I took em off :laughing:, oh well they'll grow more branches. I will start bending when I get back home tomorrow. I completely agree with you on running the lights at night. I am trying to go to a local hyro store to pick up 2x2 tent to put outside the closet for veg/cloning/propagation. I also wanna pick up another one of these lights I got, I don't think I'm gonna have the coverage I want. I also need to get another 3 gallon pot so that all are in the same size pots. I may need to even get more dirt, not really sure. If I change the light cycle to a different time of 18/6 would that stress them? EXAMPLE: The lights turn off at 10pm and come back on at 4am. Could I change the light cycle for the light to turn off at 12pm - 6pm without stressing the plants?
Or when I do decide to flip to flower will it stress them out from the light being on all day, to it being off all day and on all night?

Sorry if you don't understand the question lol I tried to put it in the best words i could.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
no worries and your tops will be that much better
you can set up a small grow box yourself or buy a tent, but another space would be good to keep clones
if you have the dough, get all matching buckets for sure
it makes things so easy when the containers are the same size
i dont think there is any problem switching over to an 18/6 light cycle
you cool the room during the hottest part of the day and save some energy
/california is hot and electricity is very expensive
they might experience a short day the first time you do it but after that they will be fine