What's new

3LB's Molasses - The Miracle Addative

razor ridge

Ok I mixed up my 20 gallon res. with maxi-bloom and about 4 ounces of molasses. 3 days later I have the nastiest smelling funk water I ever seen. It has white frothy stuff floating in the res and white particulates dispersed thru out the water. Is is supposed to do this? It's liked fermented or something. I tossed it. Do you just mix it right before you water your plants...whats the dealio.............

Yeah. mine did that. You know you're supposed to stir it as well so that it breathes as microrganism's need oxygen. It sounds like your water was on its way. I use a fermented tea and it works well by me.

Gemini

Hello everyone, I just read through this entire thread and still can't figure out how to mix the molasses into the water. Now I know this shit is thick. Am I supposed to dissolve it into hot water first? Do I just let it drip into a gallon bucket of room temp.water and shake it up? Could someone please explain to me the process of adding molasses to water. Or is there even a process?

Thank you,
Gem

B

BuddahBoyee

or make a foliar spray with mollasses in it. I mix blackstrap mo and seaweed extract in veg all the way up to the 2nd week of flower and they LOVE IT! I only spray em once a week.

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
This thread is very good. I been usin grandmas malasses for a minute now, just got some brer rabbit mild flavor tho, wonderin which is better... heres the labels
per tablespoon...
Grandmas:
Sodium: 15 mg
Potassium: 150mg
carbohydrates:15g
sugar: 10g

calcium: 4%
iron: 4%
magnesium: 2%

Brer Rabbit:
sodium 20mg
potasium 200mg
carbos 15g
sugar 13g

calcium 6%
iron 8%
magnesium 8%

So... which sounds like the lic?

B

BuddahBoyee

Go with the brer. If you got a "Whole Foods" market near you go there and pick up their organic unsulphered molasses. Per tablespoon their is 730mg potassium, 115mg calcium, 15%iron,8% mag, 0%sodium.

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
right on, heres some pictures of the too I had got...dont know why I took a pic but....

our kid

ive got molases that says on the box that it is for baking with and it is natural molasses unrefined cane sugar any good for plants cheers our kid

Reefdoggie

This is great info! I started adding Grandma's molasses with each watering, (it's been about a month now since starting flower cycle) and I think I can actually see a difference in how the plants are reacting. Thanks to all for sharing their experiences in this...

cannakid

i just found out bio grow is 100% mollasis, omri rated too. it seems all bio bizz is eather mollasis 'not sugar cain, dutch beat or something instead' or sea kelp.

the bio grow smells of fresh coffie beans and is thick but not like earth juice at all, this stuff you can actually shake. thoes dutch pull alot of nutrient from mollasis and consentrated it here, with the biogrow. -i still have breer rabit full flavor if i need a magnesium dose but i thing the carbs/ sugars are sovered, dunno really just assume cause my nutrient is derived from it -its prolly sweet enough

HempHut

Anyone tried Treacle? I saw one person post about it, but no feedback. Looking at a tin of Lyle's Black Treacle I see Iodine listed. This kinda makes me think it would wipe out the microbes -- iodine is a disinfectant.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Quizbal1

is there any way to use it with out a tea. i dont live near anywhere that sells guano or castings, can i just dilute?