What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

3K ~ PPK

zeke99

The PPK is a creation of Delta9nxs

PPK
a wicked pulse

Up until now I have not been running the PPK up to it's full potential. I hope to now be approaching that.

Prior to this I have been using linked 2 gallon buckets, but not pulsing. I've been using pumps that are not strong enough and timers that don't allow for enough daily events. Instead of a pulse, it was more like an automated handwater. Sixteen ounces (473 ml) in one minute, 8x per day throughout the life of the plant.

The plant is KC Brains Mango. 3.5 gallon buckets filled approximately with 2.8 gallons of Cyco Coco and Mother Earth #4 Perlite at a ratio of 2:1, with a top layer of .5 gallons of Pea Gravel.

Fertilizers are Peters Professional 5-11-26, Calcium Nitrate 15.5% N, 19% Ca and small amount of Epsom salts for Mg.

The veg pulse is set to 32 ounces (946 ml), delivered in 25 seconds, on the hour.

I transplanted into the buckets a few days ago and took the pics yesterday:

Here you can see Delta9nxs' latest pulse terminal in use, it was very easy to duplicate:

35 gallon reservoir, control bucket and pump bucket:

Here is Delta9nxs' latest manifold design attached to a 400 gph pump:

This is the DRT-1 recycling timer in the middle of a pulse countdown:

One clone is about a week behind, so it is not in place yet.

Ideally these plants will be in the veg room for four weeks each.

11/24/2012: it's now the 4.2 kW PPK

bloyd

Veteran
PPK link god breaks out into his own thread with upgrades. Good luck Zeke. I'll tag along!

zeke99

I have been asked about the pump manifold.

The pump is an Active Aqua 400gph that accepts 1/2" fittings. Delta9nxs advised that 100 gph per plant site would suffice.

To connect it to the 1.5" schedule 40 PVC pipe, I used a a Watts 1/2" brass nipple, a Lasko 1 1/2" x 1/2" PVC Bushing and a Lasko 1 1/2" PVC coupling.

Nipple and bushing (giggety):

high life 45

Seen your Member?
Veteran
Zeke, I must personally thank you for collecting all the ppk info. It is extremely helpful, as simple as the ppk really is, it was slightly intimidating at first.
Thanx Zeke.

Excited to see what unfolds here.

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
blow it up! and i thank you for all your work on the index. it helps make sense from chaos.

d9

zeke99

The mini-heat wave we were having is over, which is excellent timing because today I lowered the bulb down into a centered position and also moved the plants to within 15.5". The fourth clone is going to require transplant in the next day or two.

What you see here is one half of a basement, divided by a wall with a door - the other half is the bloom room. I exhaust out of the bloom room - so the ducting for the exhaust fan in the veg room runs over the drop ceiling. During the summer I also use a portable AC to cool the bloom room. Cooling the veg room in the summer is not so easy and ultimately I would like to be gone from here (for this and other reasons) before next Summer. This summer I dropped down to a single 600w for the Veg room.

DocCrow

I will definitely be following this while I work on my own PPK Micro SOG. Looking damn good so far Zeke. Thanks for the consolidation on the PPK thread, I would have never been able to decipher this without it.

DocCrow

zeke99

One thing I'm still working out is the staking. I have to move these plants, so netting or a screen in the veg room is out of the question. Even in the bloom room, the plants are not going to be up against a back wall.

Each plant has a centering stake that I put in there along with the transplant, so no roots would be damaged. I've thought about securing stakes to the 'back' side of the bucket. Ultimately I want something with a much wider profile. Running tie lines from the ceiling is a possibility for the bloom room.

I am imagining a floating staking system... Something that could be placed in random places around the plants, an external stake with a sturdy base...

silver hawaiian

Veteran
Nice. I got nine lives.

I'm such a renob. I saw this post and was like "Catman! What's up! ... wtf is with the nine lives?" .. and jumped back to the first page.

:respect:

Edit:

Nine times. Niiiiiiine times.

ed_rooney_main.jpg

How high is your clearance and how tight are your corners in the entrance from your veg area to your flowering area? Are you only running four plants?

What I plan to do is build either PVC or wood platforms to rest the PPKs on. Attached to the flat base will be either a flat or curved side extending five or six feet high.

wellwaterblack

Thank you zeke99 for organizing the info. I'm doing a PPK build your help is greatly appreciated. The only thing is deciding the water level in the bottom bucket. d9 says "The tail piece is 6” long and bridges the air gap (3”) between the upper grow container and the bottom reservoir container water level." So is the tailpiece submerged 3" into the res or is there an additional 3" air gap between the bottom of the tailpiece and the water level??? How is it a wick if not submerged? Also, what made you decide to go coco/perlite rather than turface? Again, thank you