What's new

36 Years since Jimi's death

M

Mr. Nevermind

James-Bong said:
Where do u see anyone saying this is a fact????

We are all entitled to opinions....

Dude it was a joke. Someone said Clapton was second compared to Hendrix and it was their opinion. I guess you never heard people say"clapton is god". Might be before your time. But it was a joke. Look at link

http://www.iem.ac.ru/EC/images/ecgod.jpg

Then you'll get the joke. Perhaps it would haave been a better joke for older people

nevermind

Laxpunker

Eric Clapton IS GOD. Honestly the man plays a mean guitar, writes poignant songs, and still manages to not come off as a douchebag.

J

James-Bong

Mr. Nevermind said:
Might be before your time. nevermind

First off I can't stand comments like this about music..... Music is timeless..... Just because none of us were around when Mozart or Beethoven were alive doesn't mean we can't Enjoy there music.....

And besides that..... Im 27 and Clapton is still playing so i don't know how it could Be "Before my time", Seeing how i will be seeing him LIVE in Concert for the 2nd time Tomorrow night at the United center, Here in Chi Town.

M

Mr. Nevermind

James-Bong said:
First off I can't stand comments like this about music..... Music is timeless..... Just because none of us were around when Mozart or Beethoven were alive doesn't mean we can't Enjoy there music.....

And besides that..... Im 27 and Clapton is still playing so i don't know how it could Be "Before my time", Seeing how i will be seeing him LIVE in Concert for the 2nd time Tomorrow night at the United center, Here in Chi Town.

Wow, you have a shitty sense of humor. I was making a joke that most Clapton fans know. It went right over your head. In the 60's when Clapton was playing with the Bluesbreakers. People spraypainted " Clapton is God" in the london underground ( Subway) stations . Very famous photo of it i posted so you can see.

So while you are 27 and enjoy the Clapton of today. You may not have a grasp of his past. Like the Bluesbreakers or Cream. so while you may enjoy him today you obviously know nothing of his past if that phrase flew over your head. Learn to take a joke and dont get your panties in a bunch when you dont get it

On a lighter note. cream did the song "Sunshine of your love" as a tribute to hendrix. hendrix didnt know it was a tribute to him adn played it in concerts alot. Making alot of people laugh. he didnt get the flatery i guess . I hav the BBC sessions on CD and there is a part where he is on top of the pops i think, they had him on the show to play Hey joe which he did for about a minute. Then he said " We're gonna stop playing this Rubbish and dedicate a song to the cream no matter what kind of groove they are in" Cream had just broken up and he played Sunshine of your love for them. Not knowing that the song was a tribute to him. Funny shit

nevermind

J

James-Bong

Wow, Im sorry i wasn't around to see a bunch of retards paint "Clapton is God" on a shed..... man guess i missed out...

Last edited:

Diego

I know the joke/reference and Im 26 lol and it is relatively common for people to say eric clapton is second best since jimi or eric is god. Dont take it too serious a lot of peole say that about him. Hell your goin to his concert you should know this. I have never even been to one and knew thisl. lol, I listen to a lot of rap and know this lol.

Last edited:

Tarkus

Mother Nature's Son
Veteran
Ok, first off let me say I love Eric Clapton. I love him, he is amazing. But does anybody else out there agree with me when I say he should stop signing as much? Do not get me wrong, the man is a great singer....but he is a far better guitar player. When I was real young, 21 now, I did not even know Clapton was British! I thought he was black, because of his singing. But the man really comes through in his guitar playing. He needs to put out an all instrumental album, just a jam session. That would be great.

White Room by Cream was my favorite song for ages....used to listen to it nonstop when I was 5, just play that song over and over.

Tarkus

Mother Nature's Son
Veteran
Forgot to mention this, but another god on the guitar is Eric Johnson. This man is my favorite guitar player I think, because he can play so many styles. And the man is perfect, hardly ever fucks up. If you have never heard of him, go to youtube.com and check him out. Cliffs of Dover is flawless.
I got to meet and talk to him and got my shirt signed. Only signed tour shirt in my town...of 4 million.

Does a good version of Are you experienced? and has a good tribute song to Stevie Ray called SRV.

robobond

Future Psychopharmacologist
I suggest if you havent seen it watch the dvd of Eric Claptons crossroads guitar festival. Has all the best guitarist from B.B. King, to Buddy Guy and ofcourse clapton. Lots of others too but can't remember right now. Oh and Santana is great on guitar as well. He's also in the crossroads concert.

Laxpunker

However they still can't compare to....
raffi.jpg

Tarkus

Mother Nature's Son
Veteran
Shit everyone was at the Crossroads festival. My friend was 3rd row and you can see him few times in the dvd. That was a badass festival, spectacular dvd.
John Mayall's Bluesbreakers 70th birthday dvd is a defnite classic. Buddy Whittington I believe is the name of the big dude that jams uncontrollably. Great DVD, definitely suggest it. That is the way blues is supposed to sound man.