What's new

334,000W running on Aptus nutrients

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
That is one hell of a setup you have going. I don't want to know what your electric bill is, it must be gigantic.

-Funk

If you didnt dry it well there is the issue. Curing is just as important as growing. Its half the battle.

You put a lot of hard work and a lot of time into growing the flower so go the extra mile and put the time into the curing process

TURBD

Nice show man. Props.
Use whatever fuckin nutes work for you.
All you people saying different need to go fuck your hat.
You must you THIS NUTE or your a idiot is getting old.

jackmayoffer

Veteran
Good shit I will be watching!! Im so sick of hearing about what I could do with a $5 bottle of nutes compared to Aptus but that $5 Bottle wont get me #49 off 20 lights of OG that tested at 30% so read it twice and then go mix your own nutes I will keep crushing it with Aptus..:biggrin:

N-P-Kali

You didnt look very well Aptus contains zero water ! and its cheaper that most nutrients

Greetings Dutch Touch,

Let me start off by saying, good show! I have enjoyed the pictures and commentary thus far. As a hobby I myself design, construct, and over-see large operations similar to what you have. A few 60Kw's and a 160Kw is the most ambitious so far; not quite 334Kw in one locale like yourself.

Your hands must be full; what with staff, crop rotation, processing, cleaning, and waste management.

Forgive me for my ignorance but, the statement quoted above is a bit enigmatic to me. I do not understand how any stock solution, in this case Aptus, can contain zero water. What solvent is employed to dissociate salts to an ionic state conducive for plant uptake? Or better yet If by some chance Aptus claims organic, any solvent other than water would eliminate a micro-heard and render most water soluble macro elements immobile. I'm curious. What do they use? Dioxane, DMSO, Acetic acid? None of those would be suitable however, I'm just spouting off. Glycerine?

Forgive me again since I have not done my due diligence on Aptus, however I have noticed the bottles on display at a local retailer.

Has an irrigation system been considered?

Very clean operation. Good work mate.

TheArchitect

Veteran
Good shit I will be watching!! Im so sick of hearing about what I could do with a $5 bottle of nutes compared to Aptus but that $5 Bottle wont get me #49 off 20 lights of OG that tested at 30% so read it twice and then go mix your own nutes I will keep crushing it with Aptus..:biggrin:

Your right, because the cheap dry salts don't contain pgr's. (pgr's are cheap, especially considering application rate.)

But, wtfdik?

Btw I think both your guys grows are sick.

RubeGoldberg

Veteran
I'm almost starting to wonder if Aptus is sponsoring large scale growers to use their products. Kinda like Nike with tiger woods.

not seeing too many threads looking like "400w aptus grow" lol.. just sayin. :D

TheArchitect

Veteran
Ding ding ding!

We have a winner, give it to people with an online presence and boom! Hot new nutrient with buku price tag starts flying off the shelfs.

Not that it doesn't work, but for a few hours research on plant nutrition and plant growth regulators you could cut your nutrient cost down at least 90% and get the same results, which if you spend 2000 on aptus a run, means saving 1800 bucks x 5 runs means a savings of 9k a year. It's no million dollars but it is a decent amount of saving.

D

DHF

Crush it Jack.......but....

How and why......That`s what we wanna know.....What makes it all that .........

Respect.....DHF......:ying:........

jackmayoffer

Veteran
I'm almost starting to wonder if Aptus is sponsoring large scale growers to use their products. Kinda like Nike with tiger woods.

not seeing too many threads looking like "400w aptus grow" lol.. just sayin. :D

Or you can look at it the way I do if your rocking 300 plus lights you have been pretty sucessfull in life! And take it upon your self try new things out. But why listen to the people that have had sucess I would much rather listen to some one who has not.

TheArchitect

Veteran
I'm glad we have guys that know how to grow displaying their skills, but have some humility.

From your gentlemens posts, all I can gather is youre either charlatans, or fairly ignorant of the science of plant nutrition.

There is nothing special about aptus, I'd bet a couple stacks, if I had it tested at a lab, I could recreate it for pennies on the dollar.

It's a concentrated nutrient that utilizes plant growth regulators to push growth over the edge. Combine a bunch of light, co2 supplementation, and pgrs of course your going to yield heavy.

:ying:

jackmayoffer

Veteran
Crush it Jack.......but....

How and why......That`s what we wanna know.....What makes it all that .........

Respect.....DHF......:ying:........

It has something to do with the way there feed chart goes. Your starving the plants at certain times and then giving them what they want. I haven't quiet figured it out but im on to something. If you follow the exact chart and do not add anything but base. The plants will put on a show that blows me away.Finding the rite base is key! But what do I know its not like I've shown results..:biggrin:

jackmayoffer

Veteran
I'm glad we have guys that know how to grow displaying their skills, but have some humility.

From your gentlemens posts, all I can gather is youre either charlatans, or fairly ignorant of the science of plant nutrition.

There is nothing special about aptus, I'd bet a couple stacks, if I had it tested at a lab, I could recreate it for pennies on the dollar.

It's a concentrated nutrient that utilizes plant growth regulators to push growth over the edge. Combine a bunch of light, co2 supplementation, and pgrs of course your going to yield heavy.

:ying:
Prove there are PGR
If its so easy then copy it and I will test it. If you find a PGR in Aptus I will be the first to stop using it but its not going to happen. And let me guess Fasilitor is just silica? Yawn....

redbudduckfoot

Veteran
lots of hate in this thread, WHY? of course you dont see people with a 400w closet grow rocking Aptus; the initial investment to do it right, even at the 250ml size, is 600$. 6 bills is a HUGE investment when you are only harvesting a pound or less every cycle. I run 3 K total, and am about to pull the trigger on the 500ml combo pack.

If these guys, who are at the pinnacle of their ability and career are using Aptus, then I'm gonna listen. Jack and DT have improved everything up to this point, their success is proof enough.

1000 bucks for the 500ml series, shit, thats only 3 zones. That size bottle(s) would last 3-5 runs. All I would have to increase is an ounce a cycle to see any sort of profit.

Sign me up.

rbdf

diggdugg

WOW! Heck of an operation there. I noticed the castors on your tables. Makes moving things around MUCH easier.

TheArchitect

Veteran
Prove there are PGR
If its so easy then copy it and I will test it. If you find a PGR in Aptus I will be the first to stop using it but its not going to happen. And let me guess Fasilitor is just silica? Yawn....

Proving it would require I buy the products and send them to a lab. While I might do it one day I have no interest right now.

I don't know how to feel about adding pgrs. Tricontanal, gibberilins, auxins, and cytokinins are all found in plants naturally. That's how they get away calling it all natural, just like snow storm and bushmaster were labeled as kelp extracts.

Whenever you see " stimulant" in the advertising, (without explanation) you can be fairly sure they are hiding something.

Again I'm not knocking aptus, really don't know how many times I need to say it.

And fasilator Says it has silicic acid, boron, and molybdenum. All cheap and readily available, so 250$ a bottle seems a bit steep.

From wiki
Silicic acid is a general name for a family of chemical compounds containing the element silicon attached to oxide and hydroxyl groups....

Silicic acids may be formed by acidification of silicate salts (such as sodium silicate) in aqueous solution

Sodium silicate, and pottasium silicate are both silicic acids once nuetralized by acids in the resivior.