What's new

30kw residential buildout

O

OrganicOzarks

Takes balls to do this in a rental. I have done a very small grow in a rental, and ran into termite inspections with no prior warning. I shit bricks.:)

ChemDgMillionre

Veteran
Do u need special undies for balls that big? Some serious gabbagoons my friend.

So the landlord must know what's going down, right? He's just cool with u doing ur thing & at the end he gets a free remodel, right? And ur pullin all this power on 200A?... Or did u say it was 300?

Maybe get some r30 lining the ext walls of exhaust room. Your house is gunna sound like it's about to take off from runway #5 @ LAX if u don't insulate hardcore. Epic build tho man, been a while since I seen something like this on here... Flashbacks of early 2000's!

username474

I thought my max14 was broken it was so quite. I was expecting it to sound like
a plane taking off.

42k res! respect, nguyen, respect. Everything looks great man. Are you going to be
running any beds still?

HellaFella420

Veteran
Is the landy on board?

That's the ONLY way to take a crack at something like this!
:dice:

the plan for the living room has changed from 12k + trays to 16k + pots everywhere on the floor.

That's the worst idea ever! <3

Don't ever switch back to pots on the ground from tables! I hate it I hate it I hate it..... POTG sux!!!!!

Infinitesimal

my strength is a number, and my soul lies in every
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Dude... does all of the electricity go to the grow, are you not living at this spot?

I have a 200 amp service plus a sub panel in the grow... with plans of upgrading to a 12K... and I thought that would be pushing the panel with all the normal usage of the house too...

If I could go all the way up to 30k that would be awesome and leave me with more then enough headroom

soursmoker

East Coast, All Day!
Veteran
Dude... does all of the electricity go to the grow, are you not living at this spot?

I have a 200 amp service plus a sub panel in the grow... with plans of upgrading to a 12K... and I thought that would be pushing the panel with all the normal usage of the house too...

If I could go all the way up to 30k that would be awesome and leave me with more then enough headroom

I'm no electrician but I know a thing or two...

200A @ 240v = 48k available... 48 * .8 (Constant Load) = 38,400...

You can figure your self out if you wanna run that or not...

I prob wouldn't go the full 30k if I were you... thats just me though.

EDIT: Whatthe215 how much would you say it cost you to setup your 5k setup?

redbudduckfoot

Veteran
Yup, I love my new flip flop boxes. I got the PowerBox 1 ballast in - 2 ballast out and a Horticontrol 2 in 4 out. Such a great idea.

Rbdf

Infinitesimal

my strength is a number, and my soul lies in every
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Dank Demon- thank ya!

Infiitesimal- there is 300A available to me, all coded. grow has it's own dedicated 200A panel. some T5s are 1 AC are on the 100A panel.
the flower rooms are flipflopped... lights and the 5ton AC. zoning system on the AC FTW. 5 dampers total makes it work perfect. 1.5ton window ACs for when lights are off.

ah oK... damn 300 amps thats nice! how do you go about getting that permitted in a residential, if you don't mind me asking?

having 200A strictly for the grow must be F'n nice!