What's new

3000W SCROG/Fully Automated/Gavita's/Iponic 600.....Let the fun begin!!!

LEDNewbie

Veteran
seeing how $ is always a concern with the bottom line now that youre running your ac you wont need a 2nd dehumidifier the ac and 60 pint you have will keep your night humidity within paramater and running a 2nd dehu will make your ac work harder more$....*my experience
your question about where to read humidity,it doesnt matter where you take your humidity reading from its a measurement of the moisture in the air,its the same throughout the whole room

Been running my a/c this whole grow. With my a/c running the lowest humidity will get down to is 62%.... these girls are really transpiring!!!

DrFever

Veteran
Funny shit... next your going to say you have a 12 inch dick..You don't need no fancy Ac just keep it simple and if you have mold save your money just leave the mold..Oh ya I grow all the weed that is sent all over the world... Your a joke..

yo jack me off pretty simple really mexico sending in 50 tons weekly into the good old BANKRUPT USA what i find funny is your arrogance you think your big growing 30 - 50 plants under what ???? let me tell you my friend there are under ground grow ops that would crush you period hell just a few months ago a montreal kid at what 26 years old busted with 800 million selling to NEW YORK drug ring lets not forget Triads ???
last year 50 tons of weed nabbed from a barn fire, 5 million grow op under ground busted fully auto mated , so trust me most growers on here are doing ok but are far from a pablo if you catch my drift fck me daily i here of 2000 plant busts etc
Let me tell you something son when you spend time being extradited under international law like some family has then i will bow down to you until then think your big do your thing and have fun until FBI and DEA catch up to you ........ cause no matter what its a Schedule 1
I have more friends in jail across the border from RAt fucks down south its amazes me how you will sell your first born to stay out of jail once your busted
lets look at RIU recent busts that a mod was in and ratted people out
One thing i will say Eh ... is we never sell people out do the crime spend the time period . thats what being Canadian is all about
were here to grow little weed on this site and i am 100 percent sure the real big boys don;t put up anything on this site due to there life would be in jeopardy
I never once cut your grow down your doing well but if your going to come across that you think your weed is gold and all others is junk THINK AGAIN pretty simple Keep plants healthy give them the right light spectrum and wa la you got good weed
you may spend a shit load on silica and your fancy food but at the end of the day Plants EAT give them what they want life is good period read plants learn MJ is a fcking weed doesn;t take a rocket scientist to figure out how to grow a fcking weed

Bottom line like operating a business same thing goes for weed keep costs down simple growing 101 dialage period

Last edited:

DrFever

Veteran
LED i apologize if i came of harsh but in all honesty i see you spending money stupidly your making your grows more complicated then it ever should be jumping from one style to another dude Gnats are fck all would love to see a grow ruined by gnats again there more of a nuisance then anything else starts with the clones you get QuaRNTINE THEM before adding them to your population.
Sterilize your mediums growing MJ is all about having fun doing it,
I would really like to know how much you spent so far and your returns ????? i would bet your in a negative i just feel your jumping around dabbing into to many things
Growers here learn as they grow from harvest to harvest honing in and slowly moving up with knowledge.

sureshot66

Veteran
I thought u said u weren't running ac at night, I have an ideal 60 pint it's 50ish% during night time in a 6 light room ac on 247

growsjoe1

Premium user
Veteran
DR...some type of talk for a supposed chill smoker/grower of our beloved herb. The above two posts from you speak volumes....ZERO respect

LEDNewbie

Veteran
I thought u said u weren't running ac at night, I have an ideal 60 pint it's 50ish% during night time in a 6 light room ac on 247

Oh, I thought you meant in general. Ya started using A/C at night about a week ago. Even still when a/c is on room gets down to 60% when it turns off my 60 pint can only muster about 72%

I cancelled my order for the Frigidaire 70 pint I was going to buy at amazon. I have a line on a new Santa fe classic that is 110 pints per day and WAY more efficient plus doesn't blow screaming hot air so my a/c should run less as well saving me even more money:woohoo:

Let's all cool off and get back to what's important, helping me out :biggrin::laughing:

I totally agree doc, growing mj is supposed to be fun!! And right now watching all my hard work and design actually work is allot of fun for me. Like I said. If I can finish this run broad mite free then I'll be super happy. :biggrin: if I get a half decent yield that will be that much sweeter!!!

Green_science

@LED I did not read the whole thread, but I am guessing you had a mold issue running a high RH, fact is if you can control this, Insane air flow, preventatives, and de-humidification, nothing beats high RH 70%+, whilst enriching space with Co2.

LEDNewbie

Veteran
That was my idea behind this bud. The amazon rain forest has the biggest fastest growing plants on the planet. And very high humidity. Same with green houses. Very high humidity and nothing but beautiful lush plants. I had two spots of mold on two different plants. Both about an inch or two from the base of the plant and both where a stem was shooting out. One was black mold and the other white fuzzy mold. I'm not sure if this theory is correct or not? But if I had my night temps down 10 degrees and still had the high humidity I bet I would have been ok. I also bet if I had cleaned up my undergrowth two weeks earlier and had a fan blown under the canopy that there would have been no issues. All theory of course. I'm thinking next round I'm still going to aim to have 70% humidity in veg and first few weeks of flower, but do those things I mentioned above, plus do a preventative spray if nova fungicide at the flip. My grow store guy swears by it says it knocks out all mold no problem. I did some research on it and it says safe to spray on edibles 3 days before harvest and last 2-3 weeks systemically. That's my plan for next round. Really don't want to drop humidity to much as plants just grew so beautifully this round!!

Green_science

Yeh LED, I know some people that actually sacrifice some harvest to mold, just to grow at the higher humidity's.

Lots of airflow under, through and over the canopy plus systemic sprays, will do the trick. High RH, is the very reason tropical rain-forest have some of the largest flowers and fastest growing plants on our planet, the opposite generally holds true for opposite climates. The science behind it is pretty simple, high RH allows/causes the plants stomata to open fully and for longer periods, in environments with low RH stomata close to preserve h2o and slow transpiration. Stomata are responsible for Co2 intake, a KEY ingredient in photosynthesis, so you do the math.

Well done on fixing everything and getting it back on track swiftly.

roll it large

Coco-grower
Veteran
dont listen to dr fever he knows squat all he does is show his lame scrog off

nothings more efficient than sog planted at 1+per sq ft by the time youve vegged and trained those ive done two crops

yield=size of plants and amount of buds!!!!! lol

plant numbers dictate yield period

keep doing what your doing led you got a nice set up and the yields will come with dialling that environment in

peace

medicalmj

Veteran
Yeh LED, I know some people that actually sacrifice some harvest to mold, just to grow at the higher humidity's.

Lots of airflow under, through and over the canopy plus systemic sprays, will do the trick. High RH, is the very reason tropical rain-forest have some of the largest flowers and fastest growing plants on our planet, the opposite generally holds true for opposite climates. The science behind it is pretty simple, high RH allows/causes the plants stomata to open fully and for longer periods, in environments with low RH stomata close to preserve h2o and slow transpiration. Stomata are responsible for Co2 intake, a KEY ingredient in photosynthesis, so you do the math.

Well done on fixing everything and getting it back on track swiftly.

When RH is low and temps are high C3 plants not only close their stomata but when they do the plant will add oxygen to the calvin cycle instead of CO2. This is done by the enzyme rubisco (probably the most abundant protein on earth) that normally adds CO2 to the calvin cycle. This process of adding O2 is called photorespiration, which uses ATP and produces no sugar.

Producing sugar, in the form of glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate (G3P), is the purpose of photosynthesis and essentially what forms a plant. And one might add that CO2 is where 99.9% of plant mass comes from.

LEDNewbie

Veteran
You know whats weird medicalmj. I've Been monitoring my co2 levels during lights off and the first few weeks of veg co2 was going up during lights off. Then there was a week or two of co2 going down during lights off. Then it went back to co2 going up. Now the last 2 weeks co2 has been going down during lights off. Light cycle ends off at 1100ppm. By the time lights are ready to turn back on co2 is usually around 450ppm. Really weird.....

medicalmj

Veteran
You know whats weird medicalmj. I've Been monitoring my co2 levels during lights off and the first few weeks of veg co2 was going up during lights off. Then there was a week or two of co2 going down during lights off. Then it went back to co2 going up. Now the last 2 weeks co2 has been going down during lights off. Light cycle ends off at 1100ppm. By the time lights are ready to turn back on co2 is usually around 450ppm. Really weird.....

Any number of things can be happening except for the plants are consuming co2 when lights off. They don't. There's pretty good research on that. If co2 is going up at night you might have a leak. If it goes down at night the co2 is probably escaping. And it's possible the meter malfunctioned. Also, does any of this correspond to a tank change (leaky tank)...

The important part of my original comment is that it's worse than just plants close stomata, they deplete resources by performing photorespiration, which is caused by hot dry conditions.

ortsa1

im running 80 degrees right now humidity 65ish during the day somtimes upto 72% at night and its looking pretty good.

my last cycle the most i could bring down the night time humidity to was 68% the product wasnt the most frosty stuff ever but still very nice and no mold.

we hit 15 pounds of completly useable no popcorn off 12x600s my best yield ever in ten years.

another place we ran at 25% humidity because of the a/c running 24/7 the yield was low 1pound per 1000 watt but the stuff was frosty white

its a trade off with humidity

LEDNewbie

Veteran
Any number of things can be happening except for the plants are consuming co2 when lights off. They don't. There's pretty good research on that. If co2 is going up at night you might have a leak. If it goes down at night the co2 is probably escaping. And it's possible the meter malfunctioned. Also, does any of this correspond to a tank change (leaky tank)...

The important part of my original comment is that it's worse than just plants close stomata, they deplete resources by performing photorespiration, which is caused by hot dry conditions.

Pretty sure no bottle leaks. I always spray every fitting with soapy water to check for leaks wen I'm putting the regulator on a fresh bottle. Either way plants look healthy right now will snap some pics Tuesday morning which I believe is the end of week 3.

jackmayoffer

Veteran
Dr Idiot is responsible for all the weed grown in the world with his 2k light set up what a clown that guy is....LED listening to the guy at the grow store will get you know where... Good luck on the rest of your run...

Green_science

I am sure you know already know medicalmj, but for others, some plants do consume co2 during night, certainly not our beloved though.

Also as medicalmj said, LED, you're plants will not be expelling enough co2 at a rate fast enough to see such fluctuations in your reading equipment.

What is a possibility, if you sure that it is none of the above, is depending on the location your're readings are being taken and position of you're doser, it's possible that, a heater is interfering with things (lifting the co2 when it is on) thus making your readings seem low and in turn your're doser dosing extra amounts of co2, then when said heater is going off, and co2 is settling, your'e readings are way up, dry air (believe it or not) is denser than wet air making it even easier for co2 to rise around rads.

Absolutely, and I just wanted to mention something you touched on earlier, that involves ortsa1's latest post.

Temperature has been accredited to affecting rubisco's ability to perform srel, however humidity has not been proven to have any "direct" affect on the process, it of coarse inhibits co2 intake but that is non direct.

For the non plant physiologist among us, what I am getting to is that no SOLID study has been done or evidence put forward (as far as I am aware) that dryer climates make for a frostier plant, reasons for THC production are all speculation, yes there has been a white paper or 2 on how UVB has boosted THC activity but do not confuse that with THC PRODUCTION (plenty of resin coated plants get grown with near 0 levels of UVB), some theories say it is defense against predators, some say to slow transpiration and reserve water, I probably like this one the best because this would go hand in hand that lowering humidity helps frost things up, which alot of people would agree with.

What I find strange though is that, in a non co2 enriched room, THC production seems greater at 78f than it would at 86f, this would indicate that the lower temperature, enabling rubisco to work more efficiently via srel, is having a massive effect on THC production, (this isn't hard to believe as 1 of the products of rubiscos's process is sugar) problem is it then completely counteracts the lower humidity = more frost argument, because srel will be happening, albeit indirectly, much more efficient in higher humidity, even if some volatile terpenoids are having a hard time forming at the higher temperature (which would seem likely, higher temps less pungent odors), this still shouldn't cause a visible lack of trichomes, plus the fact that plants in a co2 enriched environment will be frostier at 87f than they would in a non co2 enriched environment, we can be fairly certain that A. Thc production can take place optimally at temps above 80f which concludes B. Photorespiration is having SOME affect on THC production

whats your thought on this @medicalmj, perhaps PM me as not to abuse LED's thread.

LEDNewbie

Veteran
Thanks jack. I never just "listen" to what someone says and take it for gospel. I always do my own research that way I know if they are talking out of there ass or not!!!!! Hahahaha.

DrFever

Veteran
yup i know squat not how to make pounds with small plant count what ever LED knows was up

Here first tome grower 12 plant followed how i do it to the tee but again a know squat
Roll it large think what you like do ur sogs ang do ur thing not like i ne ver down it before clown :))

PS i would bet buddys 12 plant does better then your 50 -60 plant sog oh i forgot your growing in a closet

Last edited: