What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

3000W of COBS 8x8 with ethos collective and exotic genetix

Desert Hydro

Veteran
hard to believe this is my weakest strain! looks superb. just killed the lights on the two chem d cookies donuts and unplugged the pump last night. they will be coming down tonight. im going to try to hang the whole cages with the plants attached for drying. not real sure how thats gonna go lol. worst case i will pull them off and hang like the others. gonna go through and pluck all the fans i can and then hang to dry in my tent. shit is getting real!

got a bunch of ninja fruit ready to go into the room to veg. they are in little cups of rockwool but i am gonna transfer them into floor dry/perlite to get them ready for the PPK system when i switch over :)

Attachments

• IMG_2415.JPG
    IMG_2415.JPG
    80.9 KB · Views: 14
I love your grows. Nice fat nugz. I love hydro systems great plant response with feeding schedules. great run as always. hope you get some great led lights going too. I am glad I saw your thread on hermies, because I was having the same issue on old genetics that would not normally hermie. I even wrote the seed vendor asking WTF. After reading your thread I ditched my COB's and have moved to 200w PCB's with in duct heat removal even small amounts. better row now fatter nugz no hermies any longer. thanks for sharing

I just put an order in for another 12 boards, this time the spectrum is 3000k 90cri and 5000k 80cri will be a bloom monster 200w. Folks seem to like them and ask me to run the COOP and collect the money and distribute the boards. My profit is helping folks gain led lights that work with low heat levels and saving money at the same time.
peace bro

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
When the canopy is full, how deep does the light penetrate before the buds start growing a stem to get closer to the light?

Awesome setup, gratz :)

Desert Hydro

Veteran
When the canopy is full, how deep does the light penetrate before the buds start growing a stem to get closer to the light?

Awesome setup, gratz :)

depends on the strain. the one in the pic in my hand is a soft density strain that doesnt get too hard. the chem d cookies will get rock slid under the same lighting. i try not to let anything go under about 10" from the tops and clean anything else off as it grows if that makes sense

Desert Hydro

Veteran
so the fluffier plant with the bigger colas did just shy of a full unit and the other one with the small dense nugs did two zips over a full unit. didnt hit my GPW mark but damn near on the one. much more room for improvement and i am still dialing these LED's in.

on a latter note......oh my sweet baby jesus those vert donut 1ks came down tonight and holy shit there is a fuck ton of huge solid dense nugs! its got me rethinking my whole plan of attack. the vert game is slaughtering it. i think i will break the GPW mark on the vert plants but i could be wrong. may have to do vert in the winter and air cooled in the summer :)

now im thinking when is some mad scientist gonna come up with a rig that will safely run a DE bulb vertically?? does anyone know if this could be done? or if the bulbs can only be burned horizontally. if not i am gonna be building some vert LED towers with the new tech thats coming out

Desert Hydro

Veteran
my next adventure into LED will be to run them vertically inside of my donut cages to see how they do. i plan on testing one donut with the new photon fantom boards pushing about 600 watts through 8 boards. i have 11 cxm22 laying around that i was gonna build another air cooled light with but i may build a tower and run them vert. who knows at this point.

domacin

as long you document everything in here with the help of photos, everything is gonna be alright !

curiosity killed the thread ... lol ... im waiting ;)

Desert Hydro

Veteran
just some 30.2%(total cannabinoids) chem d cookies....... no big deal :)

Attachments

• IMG_2452.JPG
    IMG_2452.JPG
    103.9 KB · Views: 15
  • Auto Sour Diesel Vegi Tag 36 (1)
    Auto Sour Diesel Vegi Tag 36 (1)
    71.9 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_2458.jpg
    IMG_2458.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG 20150415 131426[1]
    IMG 20150415 131426[1]
    73.8 KB · Views: 27

Desert Hydro

Veteran
learning that the bulbs and LEDs need to be closer than i thought. i really need a damn light meter. may have to invest in one. the buds felt dense as hell while growing but when dried they dont feel quite as dense as i thought they would. not bad at all, just not crazy dense. could be the strain as well. either way im going to make some lighting adjustments and fine tune these as good as possible.

i think the vert donuts broke the 2lb mark on each 1000w but im not sure. still god damn trimming. if i make it big and expand im totally hiring out trimmers lol to help me. this blows. good problems to have, i know. why cant i be like d9 and just blast everything??? FML

hobbi ur

yeah good problems :) just try 2 find some joy while trimmin' (maybe some nice asian ladies doin' bl**jobs) - (or some nice asian ladies givin' blowjobs + do trimmin' at the same time)

Desert Hydro

Veteran
after trimming and extracting all the smaller bullshit I am left with an average of ~1.6lb per light on the 1k donuts. not bad, but i would really like to have hit two per and get a little closer to the gpw goal.

Desert Hydro

Veteran
Have you heard of that nw Mega Crop. They gave me some in a contest and I have been using it for six weeks now and I replaced all my veg and bloom nutes and plants are happier for it. check them out they are on InItToWinIt contest over at riu

A 2300g bag is $55. I am going to buy one next month.
namaste

Desert Hydro

Veteran
Have you heard of that nw Mega Crop. They gave me some in a contest and I have been using it for six weeks now and I replaced all my veg and bloom nutes and plants are happier for it. check them out they are on InItToWinIt contest over at riu

A 2300g bag is $55. I am going to buy one next month.
namaste

i won the 55$ bag. just starting to play with it on my veg plants. testing stability of ph right now. mixed some by EC the other day and let it sit for a few days. i will test the ph today and see where its at. i love jacks because if i do my part and mix it correctly the ph is dead on and stable.

Excellent ph is stable that was my first concern.plants can lap it up that is for sure. My plants have moved to beast mode bushes in veg and floppy old ladies in bloom