What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

3000W of COBS 8x8 with ethos collective and exotic genetix

Desert Hydro

Veteran
wow this is a proper contemporary art. wonderful.

thank you, and thanks to everyone. its good motivation to keep going. here are some night shots from this afternoon. keep in mind this building is only at half capacity and i am about to get the funds to lease the three adjoining buildings so i will have 8x the current grow space i have running right now. this has been my life's ambition and dream and its finally happening. there have been so many failures, setbacks, bad partners and experiences that all led to the culmination of getting it right on my own. dont ever give up if this is truly your path.

Attachments

• IMG_2265.JPG
    IMG_2265.JPG
    60 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_2266.JPG
    IMG_2266.JPG
    88.6 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_2267.jpg
    IMG_2267.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 14
Success is born from failures. Success is born from not giving up on your dreams. Congratulations bro living your dream is true happiness.

namaste

Desert Hydro

Veteran
night time panorama shot and one of the most important keys to success, organization! im terrible at this, but getting better as i go

Attachments

• IMG_2282.jpg
    IMG_2282.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_2285.JPG
    IMG_2285.JPG
    71.2 KB · Views: 15

hobbi ur

:) I've been growing since 2009 and my little room still looks like shizzle. Been constantly dreaming of makin everything tidy.

Desert Hydro

Veteran
get a 10 dollar label maker off amazon and go to town lol. pegboard is a lifesaver. i just framed out that piece with furring strips and mounted it to the wall. got another piece the same size that i will cut up and put one over my res area for all my meters and testing equipment today.

here's a shot from last night. the two moms have less than 3 weeks. the two donuts on the left have about 3+ weeks and the two dounts on the right have 4-5 weeks. should be nice not to have to pull all that down at once lol. gonna be hung to dry whole plant and then trimmed a couple weeks later. the small veglings are duplicates of my keepers that will become the next round of mothers and then the new ocean grown ninja fruit. i even have a very nice ninja fruit male to make seeds with :)

i would like to cross a small branch of everything on the next round.

Attachments

• IMG_2330.jpg
    IMG_2330.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_2331.JPG
    IMG_2331.JPG
    90.8 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_2329.JPG
    IMG_2329.JPG
    98.4 KB · Views: 19

domacin

the vert is rockin too

i used to move the bulbs a few days some inches higher, and then again a few days later some inches lower, every 3 to 4 days, to maximize yields further
also your diameter of the circle seems a bit wide, meaning they could come closer together around the bulb, just by looks

anyways, great show

Desert Hydro

Veteran
thanks agentpothead. domacin, i think the circles are like 18" away from the bulb all the way around most seem about right and if they start getting heavy and leaning in they tend to get burned. i may move the bulbs around every few days like you said on the two fuller donuts. today is a periodic flush day. these pots of rockwool tend to accumulate salts really bad and you have to constantly flush or else they get burnt really badly. i learned the hard way.

next round is back to PPK's and monstrous plants. this grow was haphazardly thrown together since i was in a hurry. next round will be the full building and the utmost precision.

domacin

as you are havin 2 bulbs .. well .. ive read a thread somewhere here at ic, as far memory servs me right, i guess it was in the "vert" sub forums

this guy had a lightrail, and he fixed both ends with each hanging vert bulb, this way he had that movement automated, while one bulb was down low hanging - the other was up

those lightrails do have stopers (as no room is identical), and you can adjust the lenght of the movement, ideal for such a vert donut style situation, bringing both circles to an "infinte" 8

;)

Desert Hydro

Veteran
i was under the impression that my donuts and scrogs were started a week or two apart but when i was going back through my records it looks like they were started at the same time! this is fantastic news. now i can flush more than 3/4 of my garden and get ready to reap the rewards. i've been so stressed these last few weeks. im behind on so many things and its leaving this feeling of disgust deep in my stomach every time i think about it. i can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel!

Desert Hydro

Veteran
set my res to flush strength and let her rip! i just shop vac the saucers out daily and dump the waste. ~10 days and counting

Attachments

• IMG_2338.JPG
    IMG_2338.JPG
    77.8 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_2339.jpg
    IMG_2339.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_2341.JPG
    IMG_2341.JPG
    50.2 KB · Views: 16

saitama

i was under the impression that my donuts and scrogs were started a week or two apart but when i was going back through my records it looks like they were started at the same time! this is fantastic news. now i can flush more than 3/4 of my garden and get ready to reap the rewards. i've been so stressed these last few weeks. im behind on so many things and its leaving this feeling of disgust deep in my stomach every time i think about it. i can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel!

Get it bro. You're doing an excellent job.

Desert Hydro

Veteran
thanks guys. im in the home stretch and it feels awesome. here's a shot of what i got accomplished today. VERY OLD trim from last harvest thats been sitting in a ziploc for 4 months. still looks decent and smells good. wont be shatter but more of a taffy texture. there is small donut of plants that i am gonna sacrifice to the extractor gods in order to see if i can get some straight shatter.

buying an alcohol recovery still to make some RSO out of my scraps as well. stay tuned for chop pictures in a few days!

Attachments

• IMG_2362.JPG
    IMG_2362.JPG
    66.6 KB · Views: 12

Desert Hydro

Veteran
the two monster mothers get the chop tomorrow night!!! built my drying racks and setting up my tent tonight. worried about drying in those temps(84 degrees, RH is on point @62%) but i think i have someone who is gonna loan me a portable ac for my drying tent. if not i will make sure there is plenty of air movement/extraction but not directly blowing on them

domacin

boveda - humidity packs - will help you with your curing issues in these times, where weather is "against" a good cure (i.e. too hot, too dry)

they (boveda packs) go often hand in hand with the cvault storage containers (in various sizes)

recommended!

:)

Desert Hydro

Veteran
first two are harambe 3 and the third is my Chem d cookies. let there be funk :)

Attachments

• IMG_2379.JPG
    IMG_2379.JPG
    96.7 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_2380.JPG
    IMG_2380.JPG
    90.8 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_2382.jpg
    IMG_2382.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 14

Latest posts

Latest posts