What's new

3 x 3 Tent + 250w LED + Hydro= 1/2 Pound... Optimistic?

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here's a couple top colas from under the SE 250. Lots more underneath both of these

I tried to weigh the 22"er (Sat: G13 dom) but hard to say since it hung so far over the scale on both sides. still >200gms

The shorter one is 13" Blueberry Cheesecake

View attachment 373162

View attachment 373163

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Partial harvest weights

The lower part of the BBCC weighed in at 78gms, trimmed and dried

v1ru5

That cola right there 200 grams dry? U wot m8

200g wet, sure, but dry? Wont believe it until you show me a pic with that cola on the scale showing those numbers

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
That cola right there 200 grams dry? U wot m8

200g wet, sure, but dry? Wont believe it until you show me a pic with that cola on the scale showing those numbers

It's like you never read the title or the OP.

I NEVER said I was going by wet weight.

Come on man

AND, it is about total weight under a Amare SE 250 in a 3 x 3 tent. Turns out the 3 x 3 tent is the limiting factor, should be at least 4 x 4 to get 1-2 more plants

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have been remiss in weighing the two plants for an accurate weight, but although some has fallen through the cracks (I think I hooked 2 friends up with 14gms each, and my partner with a nice branch)

So, including final weight of the sat cola (37g) and lower branches (15g) + the ~ 150gms= > 200gms

The biggest problem in not hitting half pound+ is the 3 x 3 tent, which barely fit the 2 plants

The good news is tents are cheap, and the SE 250 is capable of covering 4 x 4, which would allow for one more plant

View attachment 373889

Dr.King

Veteran
It's like you never read the title or the OP.

I NEVER said I was going by wet weight.

Come on man

AND, it is about total weight under a Amare SE 250 in a 3 x 3 tent. Turns out the 3 x 3 tent is the limiting factor, should be at least 4 x 4 to get 1-2 more plants

Not saying you did a bad job or anything but I am currently hitting 2 pounds in a 5' x 5' tent with only a 400 watt HPS system and 150 watts of Led. Double layer scrogging is where it's at nowadays. Check it out man.

Full 5' x 5' Zamaldelica, pulled just under 2 pds for a 100% Sativa.
wTNiPzN.jpg

KbvpgE4.jpg

Green Haze Top 28 weeks 200 days.
ZEYWy7S.jpg

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I would expect 550w to considerably outperform 250w, but 4 pounds from sats? DAMN :tiphat:

Yeah scrogging helps considerably with yield. I did not with this grow, but have pinched the tops of some fast growing Indicas

Koondense

Veteran
Still a nice result from a small tent, but the yield could be double I think.
With proper lst and pruning for an even canopy the leds will provide more useful light for more tops, equals more yield.
I'm sure the goal can be achieved.
Good luck for the next one!

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here's my new grow from seed. The plant on the right is a monster. She now has the tent to herself, and I added the Cube to spread the long branches (did this after today's pics)

It finally occurred to me (last harvest) that early in flower (right when I changed to EH Cali Pro formula) that my pH pen died and i was burning the crap out of my plants

These are all from same seeds. The smaller ones got off to a shaky start. What I learned is if the tubing from pump to the Y splitter is not perfectly aligned, the water will channel more to the path of least resistance. They are all coming along nicely now, but lost a lot of early performance from lack of adequate feedings.

Also, I replaced the TL t5 leds with my SPYDR 600 which has ~ 50% more umoles and wattage

View attachment 375345 View attachment 375346 View attachment 375347

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
This plant continues to amaze. I had to give her the tent to herself

A couple days ago I lowered the stand she rests on, and she has already grown past that.

I also added the Cube to spread all the long branches as well as to support them once bud sights develop

View attachment 375524

I took 5 clones from her which in 3 days have shown zero stress

My method is simple: a couple air stones in a pail (could be anything) + Vicks Humidifier + plastic dome. The humid air generated goes up and under the dome, keeping the clones moist and so far, happy

View attachment 375525

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
She's still growing like crazy. I raised the tent height by separating the tent floor from the frame then placing bricks under each corner. Combined this bought me ~ 8". I also raised the light and have added a 3rd tier to the Cube, and still need to snap the tallest branches

The plant on the right in the SE 220 light is a male; the one on the left a female. will be defoling today.

Looks like the big plant on the right under the SPYDR 600 is a female, as is the plant on the left. I defoled her 2 days ago

Pics tomorrow

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
An often asked question is: "Does DeFol work?"

When you do it right, absolutely. Until this time I was doing it wrong.

The technique is:

DeFol at first sign of pistils. Repeat at ~ 20 days

In the past I always picked the largest leafs throughout

I missed the first DeFol on the large girl. And since she's totally overgrowing my tent, I went ahead.

Already she's responding with secondary leafs growing faster, as well as bud sites.

View attachment 376360 View attachment 376361

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
With so many things going on, I have been negligent to start checking pH, which notoriously rises during flower. his is due to the hormonal changes needed to make buds, and the waste products get dumped through the roots.

Checking the 3 x 3 pH was over 7.5. Not terrible, but not good either.

Took a few heavy squirts to bring it into range, ditto the SPYDR 600 tent, though it was not that high @ ~ 6.5

I will be monitoring and adjusting daily until harvest

Latest posts

Latest posts