What's new

3 x 3 Tent + 250w LED + Hydro= 1/2 Pound... Optimistic?

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
Howdy Pet.

Are you aware of any other ICers who are using an Amare light? I do like them, but would like more proof.
If Amare didn't exist, what do you think you would be likely to use instead?

And 227 g from 250 w shouldn't be a stretch at all. Strain dependent, of course.

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Howdy Pet.

Are you aware of any other ICers who are using an Amare light? I do like them, but would like more proof.
If Amare didn't exist, what do you think you would be likely to use instead?

And 227 g from 250 w shouldn't be a stretch at all. Strain dependent, of course.

First, been using Amare for 2+ years now. Didn't see anything then, and still don't. Amare is one of the few combining CoBs with discrete monos. Way head of the pack, who are only now considering it

Yes, 227gms under a proper 250 led watts should be a no brainer, but most people are not up to speed on how good some led panels are

Who uses them here? Dunno, but lots on THC Farmer and RIU

jikko77

maybe my english is way worse than what i belive ...

you said to had:

I have 3-4 plants that are just about ready to flip

in some form of hydro in a space of 3'x3', right?

then you posted:

I harvested the sat under the Amare SE 220 last night- 255gms trimmed

and said you moved something into another tent.

then, since i'm confused, i've asked:

@pet: "255gms trimmed" total? still wet right?

with this i meant:
did you harvested all the 3-4 plant you had ready for the flip?
how many plant did you harvested?
is the 255g total from those 3-4 plant? or it come from just 1 plant?

Dr.King

Veteran
the most expensive money you can spend is to cheap out with these BS products

The mars series is a top notch Led brand. They use 5m chips which not a lot of Led companies use at the moment. I have switch completely over to Mars series for led lights. A Mars 300 cost $60 and will yield easily over 1 gpw. I'm using a Mars 300 and a 400 watt HPS in my 5' x 5' x 7' tents, my yields are up to 2 pounds per tent.

Not underrating your lights, great job so far man :tiphat:. I would think a half pound would be easy for a experienced grower such as yourself in a 3 x 3 tent. Best of luck to you man.

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
The mars series is a top notch Led brand. They use 5m chips which not a lot of Led companies use at the moment. I have switch completely over to Mars series for led lights. A Mars 300 cost $60 and will yield easily over 1 gpw. I'm using a Mars 300 and a 400 watt HPS in my 5' x 5' x 7' tents, my yields are up to 2 pounds per tent.

Not underrating your lights, great job so far man :tiphat:. I would think a half pound would be easy for a experienced grower such as yourself in a 3 x 3 tent. Best of luck to you man.

There are literally hundreds (if not more) of dissatisfied mars owners, no warranty, no help, lights crap out quickly...

5w diodes mean little when the adhesive, heat sinks, and fans are cheap crap that are prone to failure, hence my comment

Mr Celsius

I am patient with stupidity but not with those who
Veteran

I think you may be confusing old Mars products with new Mars products. The discrete diodes you're mention are used in the new Mars, however, the Mars 300 (no longer on their website) is a known POS that does not use quality components.

Totally not trying to trash your methods. If they work and you're happy, then more power to you. I just want to point out the differences between products and allow others to make informed decisions.

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think you may be confusing old Mars products with new Mars products. The discrete diodes you're mention are used in the new Mars, however, the Mars 300 (no longer on their website) is a known POS that does not use quality components.

Totally not trying to trash your methods. If they work and you're happy, then more power to you. I just want to point out the differences between products and allow others to make informed decisions.

Thanks, but...

The tell is that they knew it too, but refused to be honorable with repairs/replacement

Fool me once Shame on You, fool me twice, Shame on Me

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I've been behind in flushing due to my old RO dieing and having to go to wallyworld every other day to get 7g of pure water

New RO in place: iSpring 75g/day membrane has made life so much easier. Alas, they sent it with the alkaline cartridge- good for drinking, but raises pH > 9, so I do need a bit of pH down after nutes are mixed

Yesterday I flushed the rez in the 3 x 3 tent. Fresh nutes this morning.

View attachment 369895 View attachment 369896 View attachment 369897
[/FONT]

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wow, can't believe I haven't updated, but it's been a crazy week. First my RO died, then my pH pen died. I noticed this after adding way too much pH Down compared to typical. Panic mode. Dumped all three rezes, replacing with RO water that has a 9+ pH, then finding and ordering the new Testr, for which I needed help calibrating.

On top of this I harvested 2 plants from the SE 220, one I moved to it after harvesting the first plant.. I was hoping to get a bump from the SE 220, but she was 99% done from the T5, so was only under the SE 220 for 4 days of flush

Back to the SE 250, both plants are considerably fatter in just one week. Some due to the light, and some is the Emerald Harvest nutes, and some due to accurate pH/TDS control

View attachment 370774 View attachment 370775 View attachment 370776

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Nearest I can tell I pollinated one branch of the fat plant in the SE 250 around 6/10. Why I did not post this is beyond me

Anyway, when I was checking it a couple days ago, one nice seed fell out of its pod.

I am very excited as what I thought was a hermie, was a tall male. Their offspring should be special
[/FONT]

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I started harvesting the lower branches from the plant on the right. She is now spending her final days in the dark with ice cold flush waterings

Dr.King

Veteran
Great looking results PetFlora. Can't wait to hear how the finished product smokes. Looks like them Led lights rocked it for you man. I too am running a similar set up with the Mars 300 series but it's only a scrog in a 2' x 1.5' x 5.5'. Basically a clone tent. Not alot of room but I am going for a solid QP and think it will easily be achieved. Running Red Afro from Tropical seeds.

To "Mr Celsius", I was mistaking about the older versions as people did have problems with the lights. Their newer Mars series is insane though. If one of the Led chips go out only a single one does not half a panel or a part of it only a small tiny light. I have been running 6 of their 300 watts for over 2 years straight now and no chips have went out. Only Led brand I've ever bought to where the Led light was wrapped with bubble wrap and then foam around the wrap. They also called me each time I purchased some to confirm that they where indeed working correctly and no damage was done. Can't get better customer service then that unless it's from a breeder here on the forums.

Latest posts

Latest posts