What's new

3 plus 3=?

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Hi Shaun, yeah that does look like a bit of a mess to be honest with you.

Hi Big D, thanks, I remember you saying that you'd copied the blue one to your desktop. I just had a look at my back ups for you, I was going to reload it in the new higher res that icmag has adopted, but for some reason I don't seem to have backed that pic up. Strange as I got more rep points for that pic than any other, and it isnt in my gallery anymore. It must still be on the hard drive of my old laptop, but since that computer wont boot up anymore, I lost the lot on that machine. Ah well, just have to make some more this run. Watch out for lots and lots of macros over the next few months from me :)

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm growing some of Grindhouse's Mob Boss (ChemD x TangTang) and didn't even notice I had a tri male until I went to start collecting pollen from him.

picture.php

picture.php

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Glad your firmly tagged Big D.

Hi Bly, wow, so I sent you a bunch of tri seeds, and you get one from someone else's work lol. How typical is that. Now all you need is a girl from my batch and you have your own tri line :)

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Glad your firmly tagged Big D.

Hi Bly, wow, so I sent you a bunch of tri seeds, and you get one from someone else's work lol. How typical is that. Now all you need is a girl from my batch and you have your own tri line :)

Yea ironic isn't it!

My hands are full atm, but should have time/room in the next couple weeks to start some of your seeds.

magiccannabus

Next Stop: Outer Space!
Veteran
Wow that really is ironic. I've only ran into one good stable tri female ever, and only one male, out of dozens of plants and strains. You guys must plant a lot of seeds huh?

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Remember that the batch I sent you contains lots of batches mate, some prett old, some pretty new, so start more than you need as some may not sprout.

Hi Magic, well when I'm doing a tri seed run, I can plant a couple of hundred to get 20 tri seedlings, then kill half of them early on, then kill half the remainders at sexing, then only pollinate 1 for that seed run normally, so yeah, quite a few lol. And the male and females used can often come from separate runs, then I may re-do the whole thing a few times in order to produce the seeds that will then be used for the next stage.

shaunmulok

Don't drink and drive home, Smoke dope and fly hom
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Blynx: nice looking male there hopefully it will produce some more tri's for us all to see
GMT:cant wait for those new macros your pics are always AAA+ and i guess that when i planted my seeds i was very lucky to get the 2 tri's and 1 quad(only planted about 10-15) i will be planting out the last of the seeds from the same batch i am just waiting on my order from the bay, i payed for them over a month ago,they told me customers have been experiencing some delays since the swine flu hopefully this week

magiccannabus

Veteran
Man I wish I had the space to help breed a stable line of them. Maybe after my harvest I am going to put money back into the grow and add in a lot more veg space, so I could have a lot more genetics in growth at one time. If I can ever get a tri male that is any good I will breed him with my North #1, but that's some time off, since I currently can't contain males and their evil pollen. I have an invention to help me with that if I ever just get around to building it. Basically its a box on legs that sits above the pot and the foliage of the male goes inside it and it seals up, then there's a CFL in there on a 12/12 timer, and it collects all the pollen without needing a whole grow cabinet. I should really post the design some day....

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Hi Shaun, strange, I wouldn't have thought that a few people catching a cold would affect the mail.

Hi magic, if you don't have space, just use time. I don't have any space at all really, which is why this is taking so long. With males, its easier to just keep a clone until you are ready to use them, then flower them out a week before the female you are going to use.

shaunmulok

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Apparantly customs moved people out of mail room to help with the inspection of passengers arriving from swine flu areas and to monitor the heat detection units, so i am told that the mail sorting room has come to a halt but that is only rumor, i hope they arrive safely been 25 days now from when they were sent ??? i dont know:wallbash:

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
I haven't ordered for a while, my last package came registered delivery, I sent DG a pm one afternoon, and they were in my mail the very next morning, took about 16 hours lol. It's great living in the uk.

shaunmulok

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I wish,there was another post earlier today from someone who won the same as me(op auction mix) and he said he recieved his in six days to aus so i dont know ???wtf has happened to mine will have to go and check later or tommorrow fingers crossed i want to start some asap

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Pic update

Baby Tris, (by the way, in the same compost as the ones that it was decided was the wrong compost, only diff is the light source, now 400w hps not cfl)
picture.php

Adult female tri, not going to be a parent at any point.
picture.php

picture.php

Adult quadish
picture.php

picture.php

detail
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

G

GMax

nice thread very helpful, I got a trifoliate in a pack of feminized nebulas and at first I was pissed but after reading this i feel lucky, doin a little LST with em will post pics soon

shaunmulok

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Glad to see you made it over here all good and helpful info, keep us informed

magiccannabus

Veteran
Great new shots GMT! My North#1 is coming along nicely, but it's weird, some of the branches are still putting out only two branches per set, but the main stalk is still growing in a spiral, 3 branches evenly spaced around the main stalk. I think some of it is that not all the branches are alternating yet. Have you experienced this, where a plant starts as bifoliate and slowly begins to transform as it matures?

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Gmax, Shaun, Magic, Hi guys,

I'm glad you feel lucky Gmax, you really should, the odds of finding them out of standard packs really aren't good, you found a golden ticket to the chocolate factory in effect. (willy wonka ref)

Hi Magic, thanks, and yes I have seen that, that's what my very first one did, that's where all this came from. Though these days, when I'm doing a tri run, anything that starts out bifoliar, gets killed off before it gets a chance to "evolve" :) Anything that alternates tend to get smoked rather than bred with, though I think I'm going to make an exception with the quad on that one, just to have a look at the seeds. Though they wont go into the tri line breeding plan, just curiosity. I'm still looking for the next set of parents, there are 2 hopefulls in the current batch of newbies, pictured above.

G

GMax

my trifoliate started normal for the first two nodes then turned tri at the third, on one side it grows one large leave and the other grows two small leaves, they are not evenly spaced apart though it favors one side and continues up in a spiral fashion but each node has a bud shoot so there are three shoots per nodes but the leave petioles of the trifoliate sides pretty much are touching when they come out of the main stem. but since it started normal it wouldnt be a good breeding candidate you say ? I post a pic when i find my USB cord

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
well I like mutations, I find them interesting in whatever form they take, so long as the mutation adds something. Though I have found that tris that dont have the 120 degree separation of nodes tend to be the ones that are more likely to revert back to bifoliar. Also, tris that start out as tri, and dont revert, pass the trait onto more ofspring than those who start out normal, or revert to normal. However to start a tri line, you need a plant that exhibits the trait somewhere, and you have that. So if you want the trait passed on, then breed with the plant that exhibits the trait. Once you have several plants exhibitting the trait, that's when you can start to get picky about which of them to use for breeding. If you only have one, then you can't really be too picky.