What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

#3 per Light w/ 3wk veg?!

mushroombrew

Veteran
About 40 of the new Hybrids were big enough to clone. I always take at least two. Then flip the seedling. It's a labor of love. Takes up time and space. But once in a while something magic happens.

I hold some really special West coast cuts. But you have to pop seeds to find more! Individually labeling takes ages. So does smoking/testing 27 different flowers!!!

mushroombrew

Veteran
This is a test 4x8 tray.

The FreeRooters are making aeroponic roots.
This strain usually only stretches 10%.

They are at day 17 and have already doubled!! I feel some severe defoliation coming next week!
New prototypes are being made. Could not be more excited. Aero growth at flood and drain prices!! AWESOME!!

mushroombrew

Veteran
Goji OG seedlings starting to take off.

The pale narrow leafed one in middle bottom is Nepali leaning. Will use it to make F2 and further hunt the line.

Some seem to think my stank hunt in Goji will be useless. Regardless I will have fun trying!!

Blazeee

Veteran
After seeing your pics youve got me thinking about it, I just dont feel like im ready to take the plunge just yet. I had bad experiences with a dwc setup i fucked up a few years ago. I will definitely do some more research though. I might just try and stick a few plants in a mix of the rockwool and perlite in the corner of my tent and see how it turns our for me

mushroombrew

Veteran
Well started a couple test trays with FreeRooters. Just unreal. Day 17 and these are the fastest, fattest baddest plants I have ever grown.
This new concept is putting out some specimen quality plants. Just so lush. I am a happy inventor

Expect yields to be unheard of...

mushroombrew

Veteran
Thank you! Yes the test grow site is amazing. A gorrilla could easily hide in the second test room! Haha I'll get some pics up in a few days. Silly!

I don't have to visit too often as it runs itself. But I end up standing around gazing at plants for ages. They are the healthiest plants I have grown in 25yrs. It's the damn FreeRooters.
Mental.

saitama

Thank you! Yes the test grow site is amazing. A gorrilla could easily hide in the second test room! Haha I'll get some pics up in a few days. Silly!

I don't have to visit too often as it runs itself. But I end up standing around gazing at plants for ages. They are the healthiest plants I have grown in 25yrs. It's the damn FreeRooters.
Mental.

Please tell me more about your freerooters!

mushroombrew

Veteran
Haha Mr. Nameless. All in good time my friend!!

Ahhh saitama the FreeRooters. I was growing in DWC for years. You just can't beat the growth. Well maybe aero but thats lots of hardware.

The thing is there are so many damn components.

I grow 1plant per sqft in 4x8 trays.

To do that DWC would take 32 buckets. I guess you could use 4 huge tubs but whatever it's a lot of stuff. Lots of damn fittings, time assembling and they are expensive!
Or build your own and watch it leak!! lol

Through a lot of trial and believe me error; man I can't tell you how many times we stressed plants going to flip hectic. Lost many many crops to transplant shock. Or had plants not stretch.

Fuck try moving an OG or even touching the roots. It will flop over for at least a week!

But now we can grow DWC in extreme density. 4 plants/sqft. So in veg they are packed together.
Sure you could do that with DWC in big tubs I guess.
You know a bunch of net pots in the lid. But I want to move plants around in veg. Move small plants to the center and big ones out.

Well guess what roots all grow together really quick. Then you are committed to flower the plants as they sit. Well that bugs me. I want to be able to move plants at will.
And still get DWC growth rates. So I can pack 50 plants together. then pick the best 32 to go into the flower tray.
In the veg tray roots cannot grow together. And the roots are protected during transport. A two hour ride in a FreeRooter is no big deal.

The magic part is when they go into flower. The FreeRooter opens up and lets roots runs wild.

The amazing thing is the growth rivals aero. And I really mean that. Fishbone aero roots. So cool!

The FreeRooter system is:

A hydroponic tray any size.
A reservoir.
A sump pump
An Air pump.
An intermittent timer(pump)
And as many FreeRooters as you care to fit in that tray.

They are 6"x6"x6". 5ft plants all day long. With a trellis I hope!?

Currently seeking investors.

I need to make about 50 prototypes (3D printing) and then I can run a full cycle and document. Got time lapse etc. Just need to build out a 4x8 tray room. Easy.
But I have sunk everything into R&D. Been making them on site so far. I can make 100 in about 6 hours. Look forward to getting them manufactured!

I believe I have changed hydroponics for good

Aero growth....

Think about what the above equipment list costs vs a RDWC system.
That leaf above is on a clone 40 days old! I mean cut 40 days ago.
It's just mesmerizing at the test site. Hard to believe it all. Feeling blessed today!

mushroombrew

Veteran
Its a net pot of sorts. So there is very little media. Usually just the 1.5" cube they are rooted in.
Can't give you all the details just yet. But will share my results. So far everything is exceeding expectations.
It was an attempt at containerized DWC. It worked. And its much more like aero production.

Well , you've caught my attention , I am a firm believer in improving and simplifying methods and DWC is my favorite, so between your great pheno hunts and the "free rooters " I will be watching everyday for updates , keep up the good work and good luck , FSG.

mushroombrew

Veteran
Gelato #33 going into flower

Test room B. Expected them to finish half that height. FreeRooters are retarded. Like I said this pheno doesn't stretch much in DWC. But in this setup they are yanking!
Another 3hr defoliation session today...day in the life of a Hydro Ninja
Left @ flip and right post defoliation @ 21days

mushroombrew

Veteran
These are from a LSD x Dream Queen in our test room A. Plants are no more than 2ft tall. What the fuck is going on with these FreeRooters??!

Leaves as big as your hand? Certainly not!! They are as big as my foot!!

Just slightly healthy too if you don't mind me mentioning it...

Latest posts

Latest posts