What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

3 Blue Stars

Miraculous Meds

Rise on the hill. Say No more, now just be still. "Robert Hunter" (my favorite word sculpture)

Blue Star
Death star x Whitaker Blues
Flower time 67-72 days

The goal of this cross was to introduce the type of blue berry effect into the structure, yield, and resin profile that all shine in the death star cut. This pheno seems to check all the boxes. The high is sublime soaring euphoria. It has the calm blissfulness of blueberry mixed with upbeat elation from the sour genetics. Its more resinous than death star, which is saying quite a bit. And the terpene profile is more berry dominant than anything ive had since I was introduced to blueberry in 95'.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

A

Ashin Kusher

"I love it when a plan comes together:biggrin:"

Congrats on achieving your breeding goals it's interesting pairing of genetics and she looks kills! Nice thumb work.
:tiphat:

Miraculous Meds

Nice chunky girl.... she sounds great... how long you take her???

Thanks guys, I appreciate all the kind words.

I took this crop to 72. Definitely shined right there. Ive tried 63 n 68 day crops, but the extra few days are well worth it. Its where all the purple n blue hues come in n the berry flavor gets really ripe. I think the extra flower time might have a positive effect on the calming/bliss side of the high. A little earlier, n she tends to be a bit on the racy side.

D9, I remember 3 phenos to choose from. One pheno fades blue quicker than the rest. A bit more lateral growth than the other phenos too. Smells n tastes of grape/vanilla hash. Keep your eye out for that one. Im happy with the male I selected from the whitaker line too. Ive popped 5 different crosses with him and all had good to great quality offspring.

SeedsOfFreedom

Veteran
Looks really good! Nothing better than a breeding project going well. That Blue Star looks beautiful, and productive. Whats the plan, do you have the parents cloned? Is it going to be bred further in? Looks like you got some nice hybrid vigor in the F-1 anyway. Keep up the good work.

Miraculous Meds

Looks really good! Nothing better than a breeding project going well. That Blue Star looks beautiful, and productive. Whats the plan, do you have the parents cloned? Is it going to be bred further in? Looks like you got some nice hybrid vigor in the F-1 anyway. Keep up the good work.

The goal is to bring together todays increased levels of thc, yield, and bag appeal, to old school flavors and types of effects. I specifically chose to use Dj's work for my old school sources, since I love the type of effect he has locked into his work.

So the first step was to pheno hunt thru some dj gear. Ive been through 50 original bb, 60 orig flo, a pack each of vanilluna, cocoa kush, witaker blues, and azure haze.

The original plan was to make crosses with 2 selected males from each line to my elite cuts at that time and also inbreed each line to 2 selected females. The focus was to be on bb, but unfortunately both males I chose were sterile. But I did successfully get crosses to all the other lines except azure, cause the male I had chose hermied.

From that point I popped 12 seeds from 5 or so different crosses with the whitaker male, and a few other crosses with the vanilluna male, n flo male. Due to unforeseen time contraints, I had to select the potential keeper phenos a bit early. Of the 10 or so potential candidates for my keepers, I ended up with blue star #6. There were several other gems that demanded to be worked with, but time n space were not on my side at that point.

So now I want to produce some good medicine from my current f1 keeper, but I do want to f2 the project, along with a back cross to the mother. For now she will stay as the heir apparent to the blue star line, cause my immediate plans are to hunt thru the other crosses I made to select a few more keepers that offer some diversity in flavor and effect.

To answer the other questions, the hyrid vigor is excellent on this cross. The mother is still around, but the male has passed on. I do have several batches of pollen if I so choose to dip into it again.

C

chris harris

Just stumbled across another thread of yours! Again, very nice. Still out of rep...but congrat's.