What's new

2yrs wait but now they are here in the uk

C

cheesey

yeah greens have just started selling the lumatec ones in the uk which look exactly the same but a different colour.

lumatec dont make 1000w they were recalled due to over heating and burning the input plug . most digital ballasts look the same due to the caseing ( B.A.L.... LIGHTWAVE .. LUMATEC .... ECT ECT all have the same caseing they are made like that to get rid of the heat . its what inside what counts ....

Last edited:
u jammy bar steward lol...looks like a great bit of kit, especially for peeps in tents/all...veg 400watts keeping the shade close to encourage tight nodes then hit 600watts for 1-3 wk stretch/flip then 1100watts for the rest of flower, killing it for yeild!!...top stuff!

C

cheesey

u jammy bar steward lol...looks like a great bit of kit, especially for peeps in tents/all...veg 400watts then hit 600watts for 1-3 wk stretch/flip then 1100watts for the rest of flower, killing for yeild!!...top stuff!

thats the plan mate. cant wait too rock 8 kq with it . 10 days to go .

Cloneman

Veteran
On November the 5th you could wack in a 400w bulb, then set it to "over drive setting", turn her on and watch it go supernova.......

C

cheesey

On November the 5th you could wack in a 400w bulb, then set it to "over drive setting", turn her on and watch it go supernova.......

haha . i remeber last yr i got a new bulb for my 600w ballast but in the bulb box was a 400w lol lets say it got pritty hot when i turned on the ballast lol .
i allways check the bulb now lol .

JB72

They look real good, loving the 3 year warranty as well, quite pissed that I only upgraded a few weeks ago, keep us informed how they handle.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
lumatec dont make 1000w they were recalled due to over heating and burning the input plug . most digital ballasts look the same due to the caseing ( B.A.L.... LIGHTWAVE .. LUMATEC .... ECT ECT all have the same caseing they are made like that to get rid of the heat . its what inside what counts ....

yes you're right the big one only goes up to 600 super lumen. :tiphat:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
its very different to a lumatek ballast if you read the spec on it.....and as cheesy says they dont make a 1000w version....

apart from the lack of 1000w setting on the bigger model they look pretty similar to the new lumatek dimmable to me but im no expert.

i quite like the look of the small one - i fancy 250 super lumen setting and it would give me the option of trying a 400 sometime.

you know how much they're knocking them out for cheesey???

VG

C

cheesey

apart from the lack of 1000w setting on the bigger model they look pretty similar to the new lumatek dimmable to me but im no expert.

i quite like the look of the small one - i fancy 250 super lumen setting and it would give me the option of trying a 400 sometime.

you know how much they're knocking them out for cheesey???

VG

250w 400w 600w £149.95

yer the case is the same like i said in my last post but read the spec on the ajusta watt then read the lumatek spec .

link for you http://www.progrow.co.uk/acatalog/info_05169.html

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
all the dim able digi ballasts i've seen all need to have the maximum watt bulb in them, then you can run them at less power. so if you can really put a 600w bulb in the 1k ballast as long as it's dimmed to 600w that's cool. i'm planning to get the new gavita pro 600 for my next grow, runs at 400V from a normal 230-240V plug. not cheap though.

S

speedemon

all the dim able digi ballasts i've seen all need to have the maximum watt bulb in them, then you can run them at less power. so if you can really put a 600w bulb in the 1k ballast as long as it's dimmed to 600w that's cool. i'm planning to get the new gavita pro 600 for my next grow, runs at 400V from a normal 230-240V plug. not cheap though.

When I spoke to the guy's in the shop about this dimmable ballast which they have being trying to persuade me to get for a while, they said that each setting requires the right bulb, so 400 = 400 watt bulb, 600 = 600 watt bulb and 1000 = 1000 watt bulb. I have also read this on loads of other forums where these dimmable ballasts are being used. If I vegged and flowered etc in the same room then I would have 2 already but as I have designated clone, veg and flower rooms then I will never use the ballast less than there max output so 1100 watts using a sodium bulb. The only real advantage is they are digital and the bulb gets to full brightness quicker. Cant wait to see your results though Cheesey mate. :ying:

stgermain

the ideal way to use them is with the correct lamp but what you say is not strictly true you can put a 1000w lamp in it and dim it to either 600w or 400w.
or a 600w in the smaller ballast can be dimmed to 400 or 250w

E

e4ian

after waiting for a good 2 years the growshop i use have had there own digital ballasts made . had a email from them asking me if i will test 1 for them .

info on model 1

The Adjusta-Watt Digital Ballast is the most versatile digital grow light around. As well as offering significant advantages over magnetic ballasts in terms of efficiency and performance, this fully adjustable digital ballast allows you to switch between 600w, 400w and 250w simply by adjusting the dial. It's like having three separate ballasts in one unit!

model 2

The Adjusta-Watt Digital Ballast is the most versatile digital grow light around. As well as offering significant advantages over magnetic ballasts in terms of efficiency and performance, this fully adjustable digital ballast allows you to switch between 1000w, 600w and 400w simply by adjusting the dial. It's like having three separate ballasts in one unit!

model 2 also has a over drive setting what will boost the 1000w setting 10% . so 1100watts

i will post up more info and photos when my model 2 turns up tomorrow . i will only be running 600watts untill winter then i will use the 1100watt of power .

nc1 cheesey :). they must respect you mate if they've asked you to test 1. :good:

eee. :dance013:

copperfacedave

Does anyone know if it 2 1000 watt digital lights would run cooler than 3 600 watt digi's?
I think the 3 sixes would produce more lumens and be cheaper in the UK. Any ideas which is the better set up or is it pretty much the same?

r1rider

Info about the lumateks, i`v been using a 600w hps on my 600w unit with the super lumen switch turned on during this last 2 weeks or so, my hps bulb died tonight and i only had a 400w MH so i changed the switch to 400w and i have MH light for the last week.

r1

Dr. D

Veteran
Does anyone know if it 2 1000 watt digital lights would run cooler than 3 600 watt digi's?
I think the 3 sixes would produce more lumens and be cheaper in the UK. Any ideas which is the better set up or is it pretty much the same?

600's are more efficient than 1000's in multiples..

Dr. D

Veteran
Info about the lumateks, i`v been using a 600w hps on my 600w unit with the super lumen switch turned on during this last 2 weeks or so, my hps bulb died tonight and i only had a 400w MH so i changed the switch to 400w and i have MH light for the last week.

r1
What type of bulb were you using?

theherbalizor

Veteran
Hey vg, our local store has been stocking an unbranded dim able 1000 - 400w with oveerdrive setting for a good 1.5 years. You need to have a 1000w bulb to achieve all setting obviously. It will take hps, mh, and dual.

They seam nice. I never use one. Their main selling point was that in summer months you can still grow and not loose yield by turning down the wattage and saiving heat output. I said I'll stick to over sizing the ventilation and never drop a watt or gram. Lol

But I can see there uses for sure.

Its nice being a guinea pig isn't it cheesy.

Latest posts

Latest posts