What's new

2nd MediGrow - White Widow, Blue Hash, LSD, and Red Dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Standaman

Wow!! Patient your going hard with your grow mate and great pics too you must be really happy so far lots of variety is the way forward lol.

Well i should be around more now so looking forward to seeing some more

Patient 957

Wow!! Patient your going hard with your grow mate and great pics too you must be really happy so far lots of variety is the way forward lol.

Well i should be around more now so looking forward to seeing some more

Thanks friend! Yes, I'm definitely happy with how this grow is going compared to my first one this past summer. hehe Having quality genetics makes such a difference.

Moving forward, though, I am going to limit each crop to one strain and try to go for more finished product per strain. I have some Sensi Seeds Shiva Skunk feminized seeds I'm going to grow out next. hehe

Peace,

P.957

Patient 957

Flower - Day 29 - Pruned and Rotated Plants

Flower - Day 29 - Pruned and Rotated Plants

Good evening everyone,

After seeing my pics from the other night, one of my peer patient-gardener friends helped me realize a few of the plants towards the back needed a little more pruning - I was a little too cautious with the inner, wispy branches. Back in Week 3 when I did the heavier pruning, I wanted to see how some of the inner branches would grow...but they never really made it into the canopy...so they're all gone now. hehe

I used some more of the velcro strip to support a few branches together on a few more plants, but overall their main and secondary stems are all strong and doing well with the oscillating fan on high.

Now that trichomes have begun developing, the trimming from tonight is the first which I am saving for use for cooking at harvest time. hehe The rest of the large fan leaves will join this current trim. The rest will be sorted separately later.

As promised I took several detail shots of LSD and Red Dragon throughout. I also got a great opportunity to show you how the canopy looked right when the light switched on (great timing tonight, hehe). They're all below for your enjoyment:

Flwr.Day29.1.jpg
(Right as the light came on - normal spectrum light shot)

Flwr.Day29.3.jpg
(Tallest LSD - tightened tie - Sativa pheno (aka 'palm tree pheno'))

Flwr.Day29.4.jpg
(7-site SC'ed Red Dragon)

Flwr.Day29.8.jpg
(Healthiest Red Dragon)

Flwr.Day29.9.jpg
(Healthiest RD Detail 1)

Flwr.Day29.10.jpg
(Healthiest RD Detail 2)

Flwr.Day29.11.jpg
(Smallest LSD - Indica pheno)

Flwr.Day29.7.jpg
(Smallest LSD Detail 1)

Flwr.Day29.12.jpg
(Smallest LSD Detail 2)

Flwr.Day29.14.jpg
(Pruned White Widow)

Flwr.Day29.15.jpg
2nd-Tallest LSD ( Sativa pheno)

Flwr.Day29.16.jpg
(New canopy in the back corner)

Flwr.Day29.17.jpg
(White Widow - still waiting for cola to stretch)

Flwr.Day29.22.jpg
(Widow Detail)

Flwr.Day29.19.jpg
(Left - Blue Hash : Right - LSD (Indica pheno))

Flwr.Day29.20.jpg
(Blue Hash)

Flwr.Day29.21.jpg
(Blue Hash Detail)

Flwr.Day29.23.jpg
(Much cleaner canopy)

Flwr.Day29.24.jpg
(New canopy pattern)

Today is Day 1 of Week 5 of Flower. We're half-way there!

Have a great weekend (and holiday if you're in the US) everyone.

Peace,

P.957

jawnroot

Everything looks really good. Is Red Dragon a currently available strain?

It appears you may be hitting them a little too hard with the ferts. Tip burn, lockout, etc. I think the stunting and burning you witness early on was from fertilizer, not humidity. I've run fans that powerful (and larger) in smaller spaces with no issues.

Did you germinate in the Ocean Forest/Light Warrior? If so, Ocean Forest is a notoriously "hot" mix; bad for tender seedlings. You'd do best to germ in the Light Warror by itself, or get a commercial seed starting mix like Jiffy or similar.

Patient 957

Everything looks really good. Is Red Dragon a currently available strain?

It appears you may be hitting them a little too hard with the ferts. Tip burn, lockout, etc. I think the stunting and burning you witness early on was from fertilizer, not humidity. I've run fans that powerful (and larger) in smaller spaces with no issues.

Did you germinate in the Ocean Forest/Light Warrior? If so, Ocean Forest is a notoriously "hot" mix; bad for tender seedlings. You'd do best to germ in the Light Warror by itself, or get a commercial seed starting mix like Jiffy or similar.

Hey Jawnroot!

I don't fertilize my seedlings - only fed them tap water and they were started in 100% Light Warrior. I transplanted into Ocean Forest. And this is the second time such action began to occur. I think Tiger Bloom (which is also notorious for being a "hot" solution) combined with the nutes already in the OF is definitely a major aspect of the burns. I was just lazy with the seedlings - first time I started seeds inside a grow tent. :)

Thanks for your comments!

Peace,

P.957

PS - Sorry to almost miss your first question. Red Dragon is currently available from Barney's Farm. Both regular and feminized seeds. I am growing the fems.

jawnroot

Tiger is pretty hot stuff, I've used it in the past outdoors. I'd back down to about half what you're currently using, then adjust from there as necessary.

Everything looks really good though. The fert thing is a fairly small issue at this point.

You're going to have an awesome variety to smoke on once this round wraps up. Good luck and good growing. :biggrin::yes:

Patient 957

Tiger is pretty hot stuff, I've used it in the past outdoors. I'd back down to about half what you're currently using, then adjust from there as necessary.

Everything looks really good though. The fert thing is a fairly small issue at this point.

You're going to have an awesome variety to smoke on once this round wraps up. Good luck and good growing. :biggrin::yes:

Thank you so much! I hope you enjoy the rest of the grow diary.

Which brings me to the occasional hint about smoke reports...I'll definitely type up a profile for each of the four strains as I try them and post them at the appropriate area of the forum.

Have a good weekend!

Peace,

P.957

fatigues

Veteran
Moving forward, though, I am going to limit each crop to one strain and try to go for more finished product per strain. I have some Sensi Seeds Shiva Skunk feminized seeds I'm going to grow out next. hehe

I'm not so sure I would do that, were I in your place. Having to run the same strain while growing hydroponically (as a practical matter) is the single greatest drawback to working with hydroponics. I often envy the soil growers ability to better accommodate a half-dozen strains at once.

I expect that after one or two grows of all the same strain, you'll miss it :) If you don't? Well - consider ditching your soil and go for a DIY hydro set-up. If you are going to pay that price, you might as well collect the benefits, too.

New pics look great. Thanks for those.

Patient 957

I'm not so sure I would do that, were I in your place. Having to run the same strain while growing hydroponically (as a practical matter) is the single greatest drawback to working with hydroponics. I often envy the soil growers ability to better accommodate a half-dozen strains at once.

I expect that after one or two grows of all the same strain, you'll miss it :) If you don't? Well - consider ditching your soil and go for a DIY hydro set-up. If you are going to pay that price, you might as well collect the benefits, too.

New pics look great. Thanks for those.

Hi Fatigues!

Yeah, at first I thought I'd keep it rotating like this every crop, but after this crop I've decided to try and shoot for specific yield amounts while simultaneously starting to concentrate on learning how to grow a given strain very well (work with it several crops at a time, etc). More for my nerdiness than my medicinal needs in that regard. hehe Plus, once I reach my limit I have to offload any excess to the co-ops I belong to...and it would be nice to generate a little side cash with my "legal leftovers" hehe.

I'm falling in love with super cropping, so my next few grows will focus on how to improve canopy control with the technique as well as taking a smaller number of plants but getting them really bushy. My tent is somewhat limiting as far as vertical growth is concerned, so the next few crops will be learning how to tweak the canopy control within the parameters of the tent to get an idea about maximum production without having to expand my grow supplies or space. :)

I will say growing cannabis like this is a lot like my previous gardening experience with vegetables and shrubs, so in that regard keeping a good crop with multiple strains growing is more rewarding (from the gardening aspect). But I'm worried that by overcrowding slightly I may be actually impeding the total production the tent is able to provide.

Maybe I'll narrow my scope to just 2 strains per crop, now that you have me thinking about it. lol

Glad you're enjoying the pictures and I truly appreciate the feedback!

Peace,

P.957

Patient 957

Flower - Day 30 - Staked an LSD and RD Pics

Flower - Day 30 - Staked an LSD and RD Pics

Hey everyone,

After feeding them tonight (I gave them a tonic of kelp/B1 and Budswel balanced at 6.0) I noticed the 2nd-tallest LSD plant was ready for some assistance with a stake. I was able to get some good close up shots of the velcro strip I've recently started using (and am in love with). Finally, I also got some good shots of both the healthiest/tallest Red Dragon's terminal bud and the upper canopy of the 7-site SC'ed Red Dragon. You can see how the Budswel makes them all happy/fuzzy looking. hehe

Flwr.Day30.2.jpg
(Tallest RD)

Flwr.Day30.3.jpg
(Tallest RD terminal bud)

Flwr.Day30.4.jpg
(7-Site RD upper canopy)

Flwr.Day30.5.jpg
(Staked LSD)

Flwr.Day30.6.jpg
(Velcro Strip - used with and without the stake)

Flwr.Day30.7.jpg
(going up the stem)

Flwr.Day30.1.jpg
(top of staked LSD)

My humidity level is back down in the mid-to-upper 50th percentile now...much more comfortable with that level; let's hope it stays that low. hehe

Peace,

P.957

Patient 957

Flower - Day 33

Flower - Day 33

Good evening everyone,

Fragrances have begun to develop today. The LSDs and the Blue Hash both have fruity aromas developing...but in a very "fresh and not specific" way. I noticed there's a "funk" to the air now as well, and after reviewing my strain data, I realized the White Widow is apparently a real stinky strain so I'm assuming that's what the other odor is. LOL The Red Dragons don't have an aroma yet.

I'm very happy with how healthy the Red Dragons are despite the recent nute-lock burn. They've been healing and growing new leaves and are greening back up. Today was their next watering. I just flushed with Budswel mixed in. I won't be giving any more Tiger Bloom til the Red Dragons are back to the light green (so it's up to them). The entire crop will only be getting fertilizer through the end of week 6; which starts this upcoming Saturday. I can't get over how fast this moves once you enter flowering. lol

Finally, I did a little more canopy maintenance and adjusted some of the branches to get better light/exposure. I love going over the canopy on a nightly basis to ensure optimal exposure - especially after pruning.

Flwr.Day33.1.jpg
(Blue Hash)

Flwr.Day33.2.jpg
(Blue Hash detail)

Flwr.Day33.4.jpg
(Smallest LSD)

Flwr.Day33.5.jpg
(Smallest LSD - thick/stout buds developing)

Flwr.Day33.6.jpg
(Top cola of the back LSD - sativa pheno)

Flwr.Day33.7.jpg
(Runt's stretch ended)

Flwr.Day33.8.jpg
(SC'ed Red Dragon tops)

I hope everyone is having a good week. I'll be back on Saturday evening with the next update.

Peace,

P.957

Patient 957

Flower - Day 34 - Canopy & Bud Shots

Flower - Day 34 - Canopy & Bud Shots

Hey all,

After 36 years I've finally tasted White Widow. They had it at the dispensory today so I grabbed an 8th. Not very impressive in aroma or flush quality, but the smoke is still smooth despite the sporadic sparkle in the cherry. And the effect is a very nice balanced I/S. I hope the WW I'm growing is this good (or even better!). hehe That will be great medicine indeed if it is. :)

I really like these shots and felt like posting/sharing.

Flwr.Day34.1.jpg

Flwr.Day34.2.jpg

Flwr.Day34.3.jpg

Flwr.Day34.4.jpg

Flwr.Day34.5.jpg

...and a few nice bud shots as well...

Flwr.Day34.10.jpg
(indica pheno LSD)

Flwr.Day34.11.jpg
(sativa pheno LSD)

Flwr.Day34.13.jpg
(White Widow)

Flwr.Day34.14.jpg
(Runt's army of buds)

Flwr.Day34.15.jpg
(Red Dragon)

Flwr.Day34.18.jpg
(Red Dragon - same plant as RD pictured above)

Peace,

P.957

Patient 957

Flower - Day 36

Flower - Day 36

Hello everyone,

Ended up flushing with only water tonight. Still not happy with the pace of the Red Dragons' recovery. They continue to green up daily, but the pace is sluggish and doesn't seem consistent yet. So I decided to flush with straight tap water. After only a few hours, they're already looking more hydrated.

Since today is day 1 of week 6, I will end up giving one last feeding of kelp/B1 and Budswel in balanced-water at some point over this week. I start my harvest flush in week 7 and ratio the water over each successive week until the trichomes trigger harvest time.

Also, I cannot tell you HOW amazing the LSDs are smelling. It's like Jack Herer but with more sweetness than the spice of genuine Jack. But the aroma is essentially the same. Cannot wait to taste it! :)

Flwr.Day36.1.jpg

Flwr.Day36.4.jpg
(LSD - indica pheno)

Flwr.Day36.5.jpg
(Red Dragon)

Flwr.Day36.6.jpg
(Tallest LSD bent top)

Flwr.Day36.8.jpg
(White Widow - which still hasn't stretched)

Flwr.Day36.12.jpg
(Smallest LSD)

Flwr.Day36.15.jpg
(2 LSD Phenos - left_sativa and right_indica)

Flwr.Day36.17.jpg
(Smallest LSD)

Flwr.Day36.18.jpg

Finally, while I was visiting my friends at a shop in downtown Oakland, I got to meet my first professional cannabis breeder: Adam from TH Seeds! I felt like a school kid seeing a rock star. LOL I introduced myself and complimented his strains. He seemed like a very nice, laid-back type of personality - very friendly. He even gave me some promotional stickers:

THseeds.jpg

Enjoy the rest of your weekend everyone.

Peace,

P.957

fatigues

Veteran
Finally, while I was visiting my friends at a shop in downtown Oakland, I got to meet my first professional cannabis breeder: Adam from TH Seeds! I felt like a school kid seeing a rock star.

Try to make it to the HTCC and then you can meet a slew of em. Meeting Soma should give you a "rockstar thrill" :)

As for the LSD? Screw it! I'm going with the Red Dragon now. These LSD bitches from seed would end up giving me a wrong pheno and I'd be pissed, I'm sure :)

Patient 957

Try to make it to the HTCC and then you can meet a slew of em. Soma shuld givre you a "rockstar thrill" :)

As for the LSD? Screw it! I'm going with the Red Dragon now. These LSD bitches from seed would end up giving me a wrong pheno and I'd be pissed, I'm sure :)

Hey Fatigues!

LOL. Yeah, I'm sure they're all out in force during the Cup, but I've been repeatedly told by my friends who have gone to past cups that they're usually more of a tourist trap than any serious breeding work like it used to be when it first started. Thus, I've always been told to visit A-dam during the off-season when the Cup tourism has died down. I would LOVE to meet Soma in the flesh and thank him for the advice he gave me when I first became a patient. The fact that he takes the time to respond to inquiries from patients was my first good impression from Soma...and as my grow is showing, his book teaches sound gardening techniques. :) Jef Tek is the other gardener/breeder I'd like to eventually meet as well. I'm going to the Toronto Cup this upcoming July...so I'm hoping he and his wife Michelle will be there. :)

As far as worrying about the phenos of the LSD, while the bud structure tends to be more sativa-style on the one pheno, they both have the same aroma coming off the trichomes. So I'm hoping that means the overall effect will be consistent across the phenos. Will obviously keep you informed. They're definitely strong trichome producers for sure.

I forgot to mention that last night, the Widow's funk is getting stronger...but even with the tent open it doesn't really permeate the entire bedroom...just the area around the tent. So I'm happy with the aroma issues. With the exception of the Widow, all the other plants are low-odor and the aromas that do make it into the air are always sweet/fruity.

Peace,

P.957

Patient 957

Flower - Day 40

Flower - Day 40

Hey everyone,

Had some lower canopy fan leaves on the burnt Red Dragons die off so I did some maintenance pruning. Doing a mini-flush over the last two feedings was definitely the right choice: they're all growing new, healthy, and light green leaves - as well as the burnt leaves regaining their health.

Tonight I'm going to try something a little different (I'm on Sour Diesel tonight).

In the first photo, I am showing you how both the sativa and indica phenos of the LSD are starting to show even more of their genotypes true to the strain. The "palm tree" LSDs are really branchy and tall but the indica pheno is starting to get really stout buds and is opening up in the pine tree shape. They're both gorgeous plants, but if you're growing in a tent like I am, the indica pheno is definitely the way to go with LSD as far as getting larger buds and less stretching per node.

Flwr.Day40.1.jpg
(Sativa, left - Indica, right)

Next, we have the Red Dragon with 7 main budding sites; SC'ed only once. As you can see, the light green is making a comeback. As a result, all of the Red Dragons are starting to stretch a little more this week. I'm happy to see that.

Flwr.Day40.2.jpg

Next we look at the smallest LSD (indica pheno). The trichomes continue to develop and the buds are inflating/puffing out on a slow but daily pace. The aroma of the LSDs is intoxicating. I don't know if that's just how they always are or if they are reacting favorably to the Budswel tea, but either way...if you like a Jack Herer sweetness mixed in with a more "fruit punch" type of generic fruity flavor on the exhale and aftertaste, then this strain is for you. I almost drooled at the aroma tonight. LOL

Flwr.Day40.3.jpg
(March of the Sugar Soldiers) :)

Flwr.Day40.4.jpg
(detail)

Now we're going to focus on the main/terminal bud of the tallest LSD in the back left corner of the pattern (the "palm tree" pheno). First, I show it next to the smallest LSD for size comparison. Then I show you the bud in various zoom detailed shots. Is it just my eyes or do you also see 4 individual buds growing outwards on the very top? It's a very fluffy bud but has stayed healthy ever since I did the bend, and it's right under the lamp hood, but not burning. So now I know my safety buffer zone is only 3" under the glass panel of the hood.

Flwr.Day40.5.jpg
(size comparison - smallest and largest LSDs)

Flwr.Day40.6.jpg
(3" ceiling "safety zone" above the canopy)

Flwr.Day40.7.jpg
(head-on shot)

Flwr.Day40.8.jpg
(detail - do you see 4 tiny buds too?)

Then we come to Runt. She's more light green than yellow now, and has continued to stretch (but slower than before - probably from the burn).

Flwr.Day40.9.jpg

And then finally, we come back to the smallest LSD for my "best shot" of the night. This is from one of the mid-canopy nodes off the main stem. So damn sexy!

Flwr.Day40.11.jpg

See you on Saturday.

Peace,

P.957

Patient 957

Flower - Day 42 - Pruned More Dead Leaves

Flower - Day 42 - Pruned More Dead Leaves

Good evening everyone,

Well, the good news is...they're all gone now. :) I had another 2 handful of leaves to prune tonight that were tiny/weak leaves that did not survive the burn on the White Widow. She never showed any sign of burn til this week...so she can take quite a bit of feeding (apparently) but will still burn...but not show the signs of it quickly (at least not as quickly as the Red Dragons did).

More good news is all the Dragons have green and new growth and the pistils are bright white again. :) I may not be home tomorrow so I did some pictures tonight after doing the maintenance pruning. They'll be getting their first watering tomorrow of the official flush. Tomorrow is Day 1 of Week 7. The trichomes are starting to mature...but not heavily yet. They're all clear for the most part yet. But all look healthy and translucent.

I've also noticed tonight that the really deep, strong fruity Mazar aroma for the LSD is more prevalent on the indica pheno and not the sativa/palm tree pheno. The sativa-dom still has the aroma, but at 2/3rds less strength than the indica pheno. I'm definitely going to order more LSD to try and isolate at least 2 solid mothers of the indica pheno for sure just based on how strongly they can feed (they're the only strain NOT burned by the heavy (albeit inadvertently so) feeding. The sativa-dom, not surprisingly, did get slight burn...but only in the way of light greening of the older leaves...no crispy tips.) :)

Finally, I added a small desk fan to the tent to get more air movement to help lower humidity. Now that it's the rainy season, the ambient humidity in the air is higher in the upper 60s all the time. So I'm worried I may need to get a dehumidifier for my bedroom to run next to the tent. I hope the second fan helps. Plus starting with the flush in Week 7, I will be giving less water, less frequently to prevent bud rot. They still have at least 3 more full weeks to go to make up for the slow-down/delay from the burns...and as you'll see the White Widow has gotten a "2nd Wind" and is jumping to life. I think her main cola will finally start its stretch this week. I'm not sure where, but I think I read online that this particular breeder's WW is a late stretcher. Either way, all its buds have healthy trichome development and the skunkier edge that was present during week 6 has softened to almost not noticeable.

And with that, here we go!

Flwr.Day42.1.jpg
(2nd fan shooting up into the heart of the canopy)

Flwr.Day42.2.jpg
(2 LSD phenos)

Flwr.Day42.3.jpg
(Healthiest LSD - Indica pheno)

Flwr.Day42.4.jpg
(New leaves and better color on the Widow)

Flwr.Day42.5.jpg
(Gorgeous side bud from a sativa-dom LSD pheno)

Flwr.Day42.6.jpg
(Blue Hash)

Flwr.Day42.8.jpg
(LSD sativa pheno...gorgeous bud pattern/growth)

Flwr.Day42.12.jpg
(Ewok Central)

Flwr.Day42.13.jpg
(Widow at the heart of darkness in the canopy)

Flwr.Day42.14.jpg
(Left edge of the canopy)

Flwr.Day42.15.jpg
(LSD sativa pheno side bud)

Enjoy your weekend everyone. I'll be back with another update in the next 3-4 days.

Peace,

P.957

Patient 957

Flower - Day 43 - Happy Humidity

Flower - Day 43 - Happy Humidity

Hey everyone,

I hope your weekend is going well.

I got home and opened the tent to water and was pleasantly surprised at my daily averages:

Flwr.Day43.1.jpg

Since I had to open the tent, I decided to grab a few more shots. Also, I may have to retract my statement about the sativa pheno of LSD being weaker in aroma. I think it may just be developing slower than the indica pheno, because tonight I bumped my arm against the one plant, and it smelled much stronger than just yesterday. Good sign indeed. :)

Flwr.Day43.2.jpg
(back left corner)

Flwr.Day43.3.jpg
(smallest LSD)

Flwr.Day43.4.jpg
(top of tallest LSD sativa pheno - the bent plant)

Flwr.Day43.5.jpg
(side buds on tallest LSD directly under and next to the lamp)

Flwr.Day43.6.jpg
(healthy Widow once again)

Flwr.Day43.8.jpg
(LSD sativa pheno side bud)

Flwr.Day43.9.jpg
(LSD sativa pheno detail (same plant as above, different bud)

Flwr.Day43.10.jpg
(smallest LSD (indica pheno) terminal bud detail)

Flwr.Day43.11.jpg
(very plump side bud on the Blue Hash)

Enjoy the rest of the weekend everyone!

Peace,

P.957

Patient 957

Flower - Day 50

Flower - Day 50

Good evening everyone,

Well today is day 1 of week 8. The Red Dragons have all started a late-flowering stretch. I'm sorry that in some of my recent posts I gave more attention to the LSDs, they're clearly in the lead...but that's no excuse. :) So to make ammends to those watching for the RD progress...here we go!

Flwr.Day50.2.jpg
(RD is in the middle)

Flwr.Day50.1.jpg
(same RD as above, terminal bud)

Flwr.Day50.4.jpg
(same RD bud, different angle)

Flwr.Day50.3.jpg
(7-site, SC'ed RD)

Flwr.Day50.5.jpg
(Runt is an RD as well)

Next up we have the Blue Hash. As you can see, it's still pushing plenty of healthy/fresh pistils.

Flwr.Day50.6.jpg

Flwr.Day50.7.jpg

Flwr.Day50.8.jpg

Next up we have the LSDs...

Flwr.Day50.9.jpg
(Smallest & Largest)

Flwr.Day50.10.jpg
(Smallest's terminal bud)

Flwr.Day50.11.jpg
(detail of bud above @ 16x)

Flwr.Day50.12.jpg
(Largest's terminal)

And finally we have the White Widow. The main cola never stretched. Not sure if that's a typical genetic variation for the strain or if this is just a mutation. Either way, the buds are starting to fill out and the trichome coverage is improving now that it's recovered from the burn.

Flwr.Day50.13.jpg

I scoped 2 of the LSDs and 2 of the RDs, and all trichomes are still clear. I'm expecting the entire crop to still finish in ten weeks (an additional week to make up for the burn recovery time). I'll be letting the trichomes dictate harvest.

Also, starting in week 9, I will be extending the dark period up to 16 hours of dark to 8 hours of light (lights-on time remaining constant) to help trigger the Widow's final trichome push as Dinafem suggests. Also starting in week 9 I'll be watering on the same schedule, but only at half the current volume per plant.

Finally, I had a bunch of dead leaves that didn't survive the burn on all the Red Dragons, so I pruned them to help keep any nastiness developing in the canopy. Too close to the finish line and so far I'm completely pest and fungus/mildew/mold-free. :)

Enjoy the rest of your weekend, and if you're a football fan, have a good super bowl party tomorrow!

Peace,

P.957

Patient 957

Flower - Day 57 - Beginning Week 9

Flower - Day 57 - Beginning Week 9

Hey everyone,

Well, week 8 of flowering ushered in the first cloudy trichomes on the LSDs and Red Dragons. I cannot reach the White Widow or Blue Hash to scope them, so I'm going by their pistils as to let me know when they're ready.

Tonight when I snapped the following pictures, I forgot to change the light balance to help with the HPS glow, so you'll have to forgive the more-yellowy shots than I normally capture.

All the buds/calyxes on all four strains have been continually swelling up...and tonight when I scoped the LSDs and Red Dragons have a majority of cloudy heads with some clear - my very first amber head (that I can see at least) appeared tonight on the smallest LSD's main terminal bud...so I know the finish line will be crossed during week 9 for them. Ironically, the White Widow's pistils are all darkening off right now - I was expecting it to be the last to change up...but hey, I'll take it.

So unless anything funky should come up during Week 9, by this time next week I should be harvesting. Tonight the light cycle changes from 12/12 to 16-dark to 8-light for the remainder of their life cycle. I'm hoping this will trigger the final stages of trichome development in the White Widow (breeder's recommended technique) as well as push the other strains to "prepare for death." LOL

The Red Dragons are finally developing a fruity aroma...but it's more acrid than the LSDs. I'm a little saddened by the Blue Hash's aroma - not much of one at all...but the buds are REALLY fat and dense on it...so I'm planning on grabbing more seeds in a future order to keep working with this strain. I love the size and how well it handled my heavy feeding mishaps...so even if it doesn't have a very berry aroma or flavor, as long as the effect is medicinal level, I'll definitely give this strain another go.

Not a lot of pictures tonight either, I'm kind of feeling out of it (had wine last night and I hate alcohol...moreso today than ever!)...so I wasn't feeling too artistic. But I was able to get my flash to cooperate on the final shot (an LSD bud close-up) and you can see how the cloudy heads reflect the light better than their stalks.

I will be finishing the grow diary with harvest shots and final grow notes/impressions once they're chopped. As of this entry I'm planning on letting them go the full 9th week and chop next Saturday...but if the pistils change rapidly during the week...I'll be following their lead.

Flwr.Day57.1.jpg
(Red Dragon)

Flwr.Day57.2.jpg
(Red Dragon)

Flwr.Day57.3.jpg
(White Widow)

Flwr.Day57.4.jpg
(Blue Hash)

Flwr.Day57.5.jpg
(LSDs)

Flwr.Day57.6.jpg
(my favorite LSD bud on the S/I pheno)