What's new

2k coco drip scrog

conehead

Good job bro, My first successful grow was a drip system back in 97'" I use coco now days & hand water, but just maybe I might give it another go. :wave:

Attachments

• MY MJ 230.jpg
    MY MJ 230.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 7
  • MY MJ 211.jpg
    MY MJ 211.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 6

gonzo`

i like this... how can you only be watering once per day though? i'm thinking of trying coco but i keep reading how you have to water multiple times a day and i would think that because you're in a 50/50 mix you would have to water more than once... love your result though...

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
i like this... how can you only be watering once per day though? i'm thinking of trying coco but i keep reading how you have to water multiple times a day and i would think that because you're in a 50/50 mix you would have to water more than once... love your result though...

Gonzo you can water once a day and your plants will grow fine, one of the benefit's with coco is that you can water multiple times each day and then you have yourself a "semi" hydroponic setup, watering more than once enables you to get more nutes into your plants thus increasing the rate of growth. You could water once a day at a higher EC or multiple times a day (3-5 feeds) at a lower EC.

During flower I can feed my plants 2.0EC 3 times a day without any burn and they love it (some strains won't like the higher EC), plus feeding more often also flushes salts from your medium. Come winter time the extra feeds of nice and warm nutes will keep your roots warm and happy.

Amoeba

I'm a little late but damn nice looking SCROG. I'm envious of those PVC drippers, I'm hand watering right now and it's a pain to get to the plants in the back of my tent.

smog

when you veg under 600,s how high do you keep the lights and at what nute strength?do you let the clones root some first with low lighting and nutes?

icough2getoff

Wow thanks all for the props everyone. I haven't been on IC much lately and forgot about this thread so sorry about the delayed response.

iCough,
Truly.. this is simply beautiful. Would you do me a favor and break down your nute regimen and also take some pics of your veg area?

What temps are you seeing inside your tent? Are you utilizing CO2? What is average humidity?

Thanks again for the incredible pics.

Thanks bro! My nute regimen isn't really set in stone. What I typically do is get the plant to show signs of hunger, bump the nutes up about .2 EC and then the plants are typically very happy and in the zone. I keep feeding them the same until I see more signs of hunger or signs of over fert. Most grows I don't change the EC very much throughout the whole grow, maybe minor changes. I keep an eye on the runoff EC. It's almost always a little higher than the feed nutes but I like it to be maybe around .5-.8 EC higher. If it starts building up more than that I usually flush the medium with tap water and or lower my nutes a bit. The last 2-3 weeks I start to gradually lower the nutes. Otherwise I try to keep pH around 6 but let it fluctuate between 5.8 and about 6.4

My veg area is simply 2 3x3 tents. I suck the air from the 600w hoods straight into the attic. Temperature stays between about 65-80F. Humidity is usually about 50-60%. I don't use any co2.

So what was the final yield on that monster?
If you're talking about my first post, with the Headband I got about 3lbs. If you're talking about the more recent one in this thread, I never got a final tally or final pics. I harvested early because of the new California carbon monoxide detector law. My landlord gave notice of entry so I panicked at first and harvested what I could. Eventually got around it by installing the detectors myself.

when you veg under 600,s how high do you keep the lights and at what nute strength?do you let the clones root some first with low lighting and nutes?

I do feed light nutes and lower light intensity for about a week after I transplant rooted clones into coco. I like to intensify the light over the week and get them to start showing signs of hunger before I start to bump the nutes up.

I don't know exactly how far I keep my light, but a rule of thumb I use is if the back of my hand feels uncomfortably warm after being under the light for a minute then it's too close.

nice grow you could improve you yield big time if you filled the screen better

Yes indeed. Always learning and always room for improvement.

G

Guest 263194

love the set up dude. what was the total dry yield on your pervious grow?.

M

MacGyver420

Just got around to taking a group shot, should be about day 26 flower. I kept them under the screen till about day 9 flower then just let them grow free. Stretch is done, now just waiting for some frosty little rocks to form.

shot created with photo stitching software
View Image

ya dude that's a well maintained garden! love that shot.

peace

icough2getoff

love the set up dude. what was the total dry yield on your pervious grow?.

I got somewhere around 2.5-3lbs. Had around 2lbs of real nice buds, the rest was mostly popcorn. Now I'm trying to space my buds out a little more and clean up the bottoms better. Not getting quite as much but it's a lot less stress to chop it all by myself.

ya dude that's a well maintained garden! love that shot.

peace

Thanks for checking it out!

TokeRippa

Would you please explain the benefits to stripping them down like that in veg. How many times you do it? Do you also do it flower?

Latest posts

Latest posts