What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

28 Bucket r-DWC - 4000w - Maui Super Dawg

SpoCannabis

NWestCoast - Hey thanks man. Lol, ya gotta love the dePOT lol... on sale for 2.88/ea hehe..

Nice setup!
I have been dwcing for six years and have the following thoughts.

Try running 15-20 litrs of air per minute in your buckets. Active aqua sells 110 l pumps that are monsters but actually very quiet run 6-8 buckets per pump. They really keep that water churning.

If possible cover your buckets so light doesn't get in. I used to get foil tape at home depot, now I just buy black buckets.

If you have trouble free strains in dwc with a good resoivoir it makes gardening painless. Nice work.

Thanks Hack...I too have been running DWC for several years. Thanks for the tips. I run a significant amount of air, IMO to the buckets. But I do agree, more D.O. = more growth = bigger yields. I am currently looking into a few of those BIG BOY air pumps lol...with like an 8 way gang valve. As far as light penetration, I have had no problems using these orange buckets, however completely lightproofing them might lower bucket temps 1-2 degrees... not really worth the $ for me, being as how the nutes are constantly exchanged and never have a chance to warm up. But I appreciate the tips!

Hack

I have been running one room with 7,000 watts with 24 buckets, and another room with 4,000 watts with 16 buckets. I have been using small controller reses with each and want to upgrade to really large res to stabilize things more in the large room. The small ones work ok to balance and pump out to the others but in peak growth periods add 15-20 gallons a day. Thinking about retooling my drainback with larger hose to get better flow back to the res.

After two years of marginal yields with seed crops finally isolating some clones from the LUI beans i got from legends. Ready to chop my first crop in a few weeks, split from two phenos of lui, one the ortega which looks gnarly at end of week five and so heavy 4 stakes taped to the buckets barely hold em up. The others are the swt pheno which look like they will take another three for sure. Also first run of some sensi hash plant i wanted to try, at end of five weeks not very empressive hopefully they will explode in last few weeks.

I have decided to use the ortega pheno to go forward while i try and find a little stronger plant from 15 more new lui beans i just got.

I had heard of this strain for years and tired of just not getting yields i should be getting with the watts and setup. I found some threads here on the board of other LUI grows and if you find the rights pheno with vigor it is hard to beat from a medicinal, yield and trouble free grow standpoint.
I am in a new mecca for the medical scene take a guess? hint in the midwest.

thinking about taking a turn and becoming part of the industry.

Lots of wet, unflushed medicine around, but very little where someone really achieved the genetic potential of the strain and did there homework as a grower. I also run cap co2 burner with controllers. I am anal about my room temps staying no higher than 77 so i put large 24,000 btu in the large room with air cooling and 18,000 btu in the small room with six inch air cooling.

Could use some advice on my weak link cloning?

I am overkillin on mother room right now until i find a top notch mother. but using 2,000 watts over abunch of buckets and 2 ez cloners with work great as long as water stays 68-70 which now in summer was another 400 last week for a chiller. In the winter in a basement room i got two runs of 95 percent when ambient room temp and water was ideal so I know they work.

have not posted on board or boards in a long while, but am redidicating myself to becoming a better grower and tired of running those kind of resources and not getting the returns.
been running gh flora nova with most everything else in their line including compost tea and a carboload at the end with 180 ppm city water.

Anyone have advice on better nutes, house and garden, dutch master, advanced?

Hack

More info on those air pumps: the brand I bought are active aqua I believe is a division of hydrofarm. I can get the 115 litre per minute pump with 12 valve heads for around 90 with my discount through my supplier.
They are amazinging when I walk in a room with three running only small humming noise. they come on rubber feet.

A few years back I got obsessed with finding the point of diminishing returns with air. I had one gh pump like you have per bucket on four buckets chained to a circulating resoivoir and those four buckets started getting real weird with ph and weird spots on the plants and such.
I think I concluded that about 15 litre of air is about max which would be 6 to 7 buckets per big 115 that I mentioned.

Now they have some really expensive air stones on the market that look like they put out small diffused bubbles to increase surfacbe tention so maybe you could get more do with less air, maybe something to play with. But I won't pay 20 an airstone.

I noticed on one of your grows you did Romulan. Did it live up to its billing? I am currently considering it as a top shelf heavy hitter to the area dispensary's. Any other top shelf medical strains you endorse: White Rhino, grapefruit, god bud?

my apology's for the spelling and fragmented posts, getting used to posting again

SpoCannabis

Quick Update

Quick Update

QUICK UPDATE -

Hope everyone is doing well, and had a great 4th of July weekend... I know I did lol. After coming home from camping on the Columbia River for a few days, I was surprised to see just how much growth had occurred. Definitely going to be running into some overgrow problems if I don't get these pruned and tied down here soon lol. Thought I'd take a couple snaps for ya real quick before I start choppin some clones off....

I'll get up some pics of after they've been pruned too, heh...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

growshower

spo, haha yeah look like you are going to have a jungle on your hands, not too much to complain about though, glad you had a good 4th

growshower

wise choices, you ever looked back at some earlier shows and kick yourself for not learning these techniques sooner?

reachtdk

are those 1" return lines? im thinking about upgrading from 3/4" but i dont think they make the ebb&flow screens for them. those screens are crucial IMO because sometimes hydroton or the roots clog up and next thing u know ur swimming with the fishies. not fun whatsoever...

T

Teeg420

Btw you running co2 because i didnt notice in the pics or in your thread mention, 87.4 too high/hot, but im sure you know this already brotha. :)

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
Looking great :woohoo:

I too like the 5gal buckets. I have only used the big net pots but I see you use the smaller diameter with the hydro tone. I think my ladies can get bigger because they have more hydro tone to form a solid root base in. However if I could get more from the smaller lids on the 5gal I'd switch. What are your thoughts?

Peace :joint:

phattybudz

Hey there, a few questions for ya...

How did you secure your 1/4 feed lines, it looks like a barb and epoxy or something around it? I've been thinking about just using 1/2 tubing and a 1/2 elbow&grommet in order to avoid potential leaks but I'm not sure if that would mess up the pressure or something so that the end buckets didn't get as much water...

And also, have you had any problems with roots clogging your return lines? That one worries me too...

Other than that I can't wait to build one of these!

You got to update this shit dude! I know you got these babies in 2nd week of flowering Im sure youll be captivated to take some pics when the beauties start filling in nicely!

Latest posts

Latest posts