What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

250watt Stealth Medical Cabinet

TheGhost

Hi All,
This cab just keeps ticking along.
Day 40 Rhino on the left and C99 on the right.

I Changed my hydro system about 4 runs back, I am now growing in 100% coco.
Big change for me after dwc for so long. I hand water drain to waste. canna coco nutes and excellent results. I am really happy with the coco.
I put a 50mm layer of hydroton on top of the coco to discorage the bugs.

C99 day 40

Rhino day 40

I have changed nothing in this cab except bulbs since new.

Later,
Ghost

K.J

Kief Junkie's inhaling the knowledge!
Veteran
Ghost: Amazing cab you have going on there! My cab in design will be quite similar in many respects. Checking yours out gave me some ideas and boosted my hope that I too will be able to pull off 7oz. per harvest!

TheGhost

one Q I don't weigh my harvests anymore, In the transition to coco I didn't notice a drop in yield at all. I am close to harvest, I will weigh this grow and post the results.

K.J Thanks for the comments and good luck.

Ekz_Ray

peace

peace

yo 7 sleeps a plant is crazy awesome yo,
without a air-cooled hood, how big of a fan do u think will be needed to cool the bulb in a cool tube?? will a 3 in PC fan be enough or would something bigger like maybe a 6 incher?? :paranoid: discretion is my middle name...

((( SCOTTIE?? ))) :abduct:

ChillChalice

Hi!

I just became a member here after reading this tread yesteday and I have to say that this cabin is just awesome!
I wonder if you could put up like "blueprints" of it? How you position all the pipes and fans and all that.

I also haven't found anything from you latley, how's the growing coming together?

I'm also wondering what kind of changes you would do to the cabins ventsystem if the ambient temp is around 22-25 degrees celcius inside of a house?

Again - AWESOME cabin!

BC Chronic

Paging Dr.Greenthumb
Veteran
I got my inspiration to build my cab from this awesome thread..its just too bad The Ghost isn't around ...
here's a pic for ya though...

picture.php

Spin

NEEDIN' HELP!

NEEDIN' HELP!

BC...cab lookin good!

I have been reading LOTS, someotherguy has linked me to ventilation threads, etc.

I am running a 151CFM PC fan bolted to the ceiling, out thru 4" PVC but can't keep cab temps low enough, never mind a carbon scrubber!

I have improved my intake 60%, but am not using pipes like most people...maybe my light trap is way too inefficient. I have fabricated a 3-layer trap with luan, and it now presents 40+ inches of intake surface to the 12.5 inches of PVC exhaust surface.

SOG, I have been reading the links you posted! I am doing the math but cannot get cab cool enough..

I have reduced CFL wattage to 6x26w= 156 total, but having difficulty holding cab temp at 4F over ambient, with no scrubber.

I added 2 little PC chip fans blowing across the lights, see them in pic 2. Not much help in temp control though...

BC, I see what appear to be 6 passive intakes in you cab pic, are they 1" pipe? How are you exhausting the cab? And is there a scrubber?

Whole thread by Ghost is IMPRESSIVE, i am blown away by design that keeps temps at 2 over ambient with 2 fans total 150CFM....running 250HPS and scrubbing everything...WOW!!!!

Last edited:

kava

Ghost you might not be here but I would like to tell you that your thread has added a lot of inspiration to a lot of people (as you could see if you were here lol).
You may not see this but you are still helping people in ways that you dont even know.
I take my hat off to you for giving so much info to so many.
Thank you
stay safe and take care to anyone that stumbles by here.
Ghost would of loved for you take this info and adapt this to your needs
Signed kava

BC Chronic

Paging Dr.Greenthumb
Veteran
Thanks Spin!! I have, in total, 8-2 inch intakes with a 80mm pc fan bringing fresh air in too....ambients( its summer with my AC on) are 69 and temps inside are 78-79 so thats 10 degrees difference..if I removed the ballast( which I will do after this grow) temps will be lots lower inside for winter...you need 151 to 200 cfm fan and there won't be ANY problems with heat as long as intake is taken care of..at the beginning of this thread, ghost built his whole cab around intake/exhaust...I have a 251 cfm Nidec fan exhausting my cab but I'm going for the Dayton 115 volt axial fan next run..that is something you should look at too...all of Ghost fans were 115 or 120 volt AC fans...cfl's get VERY hot so just get a good fan to blow on them and a better exhaust fan..things should be manageable then for you..
hope this helps...
here is a pic of that same seed at day 11 of bloom..
picture.php

26 bud sites in all....I also have two clones getting ready to really fill my cab next time too!!
check out my thread in the micro grows..the link is below...might help you too
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=183150

TheGhost

Hi all, yep I am still around. I don't get to visit icmag as much as I would like these days but I do drop by when I can. I am glad this thread is still going, the goal of this thread was always to spread as much information as possible.
The cab is still running in its unaltered form right now. Its currently in a drying stage and then I am going to shut it down for a week for some much needed maintenance and then the clones will go in for the next run. I moved back to DWC and GH Lucas a few grows back because the growth rates are so much faster in DWC than coco.
After so many years of back to back grows with minimal breaks, I am getting a little sick of always having a grow to look after so I am seriously considering abandoning the cab and doing one 2000w grow per year, that way I can have a break from the constant attention that a grow requires and maybe lower the risk by only exposing myself to 3 months of growing per year. It would be a big change but I am looking forward to a new setup and build, it will be my first build in many years.

I haven't full decided yet so I will run the cab a couple more times yet.

I haven't posted in this thread for nearly two years so I would like to say thank you for all the kind words and messages from the great people that have posted in this thread and to let you know that I am still around and if any one has any questions I would be happy to answer them. I would also like to thank the lurkers, 70,000 + views means that their are alot of you guys too.

Later
Ghost