What's new

BC's 150 watt HPS/T5 Scrog Cab

BC Chronic

Paging Dr.Greenthumb
Veteran
Hello everyone!! I have finished building my scrog cab so I hope you all join me:)
I should update here that the total watts in my cab are 246...my 4-T5's are 24 watts each and the 150 Watt HPS which I hope gives me good penetration...I hope anyways!! With 24,928 lumens in a 2.88 square foot grow space, I might have a chance...
I am using organic Schultz soiless with no added nutrients, just whats in the soil...I will also use PureBlend Pro Grow and Bloom with Bud Blood at the beginning of flowering then add Carbo Load and Big Bud to the mix...
The first grow might be full of mistakes but thats how I learn!! Any help/feedback would be much appreciated...
I plan to veg till 70-80% of the scrog screen is full and switch to 12/12...
Thanks for stopping in!!

Last edited:

BC Chronic

Paging Dr.Greenthumb
Veteran
I'll take you through the build now so if there is are questions, feel free to ask..
I got the cab idea from a ICmag member called The Ghost and i'll post a link to his thread later..

picture.php

this is the 20 dollar dresser I bought:)I saw good potential in her!!there are 4 intake holes on the bottom and 4 on the side..they are 2 inches round so I have 16 inches total of intake...
picture.php

painted flat white inside:) the exhaust hole at the top left of the pic is 4.5 inches..
picture.php

painted flat black on the bottom( light) and there are 4 of those PVC's..The bends are also to keep light from escaping:tiphat:
picture.php

I used the doors to build 1 door:thank you:it opens to the side, weighs 30 pounds and you can't hear a thing when its closed:)you can see how I made it in detail in my albums titled New Cab Build...
picture.php

this is what the door looks like mounted...

picture.php

this is my Nidec 252 cfm exhaust fan:dance013:works great...

picture.php

this is the back with all the wiring plus my DIY scrubber:)

picture.php

I am using 4 of these T5's now..full spectrum 2232 lumens, 24 watts each so I have 96 watts here plus the next light...the others are on the door of my cab giving 360 degrees of light
picture.php

plus this 150 watt HPS..:tiphat:
picture.php

this is the inside now..notice the 4 fans cooling the HPS!!I now have the heat, with all 246 watts at a steady 77-79 degress!!

picture.php

and finally, my all time favorite plant( after PK!!!) is TrainWreck:dance013:she will be the star of this scrog:)
I am looking forward to your help/feedback on this cab/grow and I know this cab will be alot of fun to grow in!!!hope you all stay tuned!!
thanks

Last edited:

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
Sweet front row seats
Just a thought bro can you cooltube your 150w?? might (in the long run) work out easier for you to extract the heat your bulb is giving off. Like I said just a thought, anyways your cab is looking awesome mate, pisses all over anything I've ever made :biggrin:
Can't wait to see it full of dank greenery :)

BC Chronic

Paging Dr.Greenthumb
Veteran
Hey b00m!!!!!! Thanks for the kind words...Do you know how I could put a cool tube over that bulb?? That is a great idea but I'm stumped...
Just waiting for my TW to break ground...this is the slow part...
thanks again...

heater76

:dance013:Front seat again!!:jump::woohoo:
The Cab Rocks, with the love and dedication u put in ur grows i have no doubt that the results gonna be awesome:tiphat:

BC Chronic

Paging Dr.Greenthumb
Veteran
Thanks heater76:)very kind of you to say..I do love micro growing..its so relaxing...
well, I put the TW seed in a wet paper towel on this past Monday, she popped open 12 hours later so off she went to her new home..its been 24 hours and the little thing is over an inch tall!!

picture.php

I will most definately clone this baby:dance013:just before I switch to 12/12 so I can keep her going...looks like a little magic mushroom....
I am building a smaller stealth clone/maybe mom cab right now...
I think I am having as much fun building this stuff as I am growing:jump:
take care everyone and I look forward to your feedback..

Last edited:

Zest

I think I am having as much fun building this stuff as I am growing:jump:

+1. It's so nice putting some sweat and blood in it, either it's building the box or growing. And smoking his own weed is the best payment after all the work :).

I'm watching bro. Good luck.

BC Chronic

Paging Dr.Greenthumb
Veteran
You are soo right Zest!! thank you bro...
I'm still smoking the TW from last time and its so bloody strong....perfect for my broken neck....
take care

fred the shed

High there BC :wave: long time no post but im still here lurking in the shadows and every time i log into ic mag i check up on what your up to lol. sorry to here about you getting robbed (bastards need there hands chopping off) The new cab looks grrrreeeaaat. Happy growing and the best of luck from over the pond.
Keep it green mate. :biggrin:

BC Chronic

Paging Dr.Greenthumb
Veteran
hello everyone:)
Hey fred the shed!! nice to hear from you bro!!yeah those bad guys suck but 1 thing came from it...I got 3 free T5's!!!
hope you stay tuned for this whenever you're around again...
Its day 3 from seed and she's loving her home...an inch a day so far she's grown...
now that all 4 T5's are installed, I can only imagine...

picture.php

this is how it looks in my cab now..I turned the hps off so you all can see the lights better:thank you:
picture.php

this is with the 150 watt on...:)

picture.php

here you can see all the lights on at once:dance013:
what do you all think???
picture.php

and of course, my TW:)
So total watts are 246 and total lumens are 24,928!!!and thats in 2.88 square feet of grow space...
looking forward to your feedback ...
thanks and take care

Last edited:

micro420guy

looking good BC, I like the mix of the 150w hps and the t5's. Should produce some sticky flowers! Can't wait to see the progress.

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
wsup bc thx for stopen by my thread.

and ur new cab is looking very very very kick ass.
Ill be watching to see what happends.

BC Chronic

Paging Dr.Greenthumb
Veteran
Thanks micro420guy!!! I'm hoping the mix of lights will help too...
Thanks kiheibuilt!!Very kind words bro..thank you...I wanted something I wouldn't always have to be checking up on..seems to be working even with the 3 extra lights I hadn't planned...
Thanks phreedom man!! thanks for stopping by my thread...
Thank you Strangely!!!compared to my pc( i did 3 grows in it)this cab is like a big grow show!!!lol...love the extra room...
Its day 4 from seed and the TW is coming along...with the extra heat, I have to water quite alot already but thats fine...
my cat hasn't eaten it so things are on track again!!
I'll post pics later but there's not much to see considering its day 4!! all good though..
thanks everyone...

BC Chronic

Paging Dr.Greenthumb
Veteran
You are very welcome cheese!! all my stuff got stolen so I wasn't able to get online to visit any threads but its sure nice to be back..thanks for the nice words too and I hope you stay tuned cause this grows going to get fun...
take care

S

Sir_Nugget

wow man, what a nice cab, definitely in my top 10 for cleanliness.. One thing, in that small of a space, I am pretty sure U only need 2 fans inside the cab for circulation, and an exhaust fan.. I think U have too much fannage going on in there, u could do without 1 for sure... 150 cabs should do fine with a simple pc fan for exhaust, U could use a 4" dayton or vortex style blower, or u could use a 4" duct booster.. Have u thought of using an intake fan? It would help push the colder air from underneath ur cab into the cab faster, cooling it, while having the same cfm exhaust fan, should keep it cool... Other than that looks sweet..Your plants are going to really love that u give 4 extra 6500k t5's.. I have those some 2ft t5's and they put a spectrum that the ladies love =)

Endur

Veteran
Whats Good BC,
Your cabinet looks very clean & simple. My type of set up. Cant wait to see it in production.
good growing
peace
ENDUR

BC Chronic

Paging Dr.Greenthumb
Veteran
Thank you for the very kind words Sir Nugget!!I'll paste the tread where I got the idea from ....as far as the fans, you are right but I've had heat issues since the ballast is built in to the 150 watt HPS...originally I had just 1 fan blowing on the bulb but the ballast got red hot so 2 fans later, I now can control the heat to 79....before it was 84-86!!! the fan on the very bottom of my cab( in theory) is supposed to bring fresh air up AND cool the 2 T5's....if you have any ideas, please let me know...thanks again!!
Hey Endur!!! nice to hear from you and thanks bro...I'm going to visit your thread after this!!!
its day 5 from seed:tumbleweed:..you know what I mean??...lol....
I guess since the planter/pot is so thin, I have had to water 2 litres everyday...its crazy..I am not drowning her either, its just that the soil gets bone dry right to the bottom after only 24 hours...
picture.php

here's the little lady in all her glory:)she looks yellow but its just the HPS...
picture.php

I need both those fans on the top left just to cool the ballast..I can touch it and its cool now....:tiphat:that wasn't easy though...if you look closely you might be able to see the dozen little holes where I was mounting and re-mounting...sheeesh...
the link below is to where I got the idea to build my cab..its a really good thread to read through...
well, looking forward to hearing from you all and thanks again...
take care
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=31172

Latest posts

Latest posts