What's new

250w HPS users....

onlyhuman89

I've been doing my homework the past few hours and I strongly considering Coco coir. Bonticare has a Coir brick that's 3 gallon all you need yo do is hydrate it and it expands in the bag it comes in. I feel Its the best for my situation. i don't want to haul bags of soil and I don't want to have to carry around a res tank to refill main because I live in an apt. Its just a big hassle I'm trying to plan this out as best a possible. Plus I don't have any where to put all the soil. And carrying the res tank to the bath tub every week or so would be to annoying. I've heard good reviews with coco coir. I'm going to go with it ill be posting starting my journal when my seed arrive if any one is interested.
Thanks for the Advice!
Strains will be :
Afhgan kush× White Widow
Master Kush
BUKU ( Burmese Kush)* new
------

stonedar

Macro-aggressor
Veteran
onlyhuman89 unless you are gonna cut holes in your GL60 (which is fine) a cool tube really won't fit. for one thing a GL60 doesn't have 6 inch holes at reflector (cool tube) height. for another the tent is 24 inches (60cm) wide and a cool tube is generally 27 inches (67cm) plus you need room for the ducting. now maybe you are planning to use a DIY cool tube that would be non-standard length that may work. if you don't want to cut holes in your tent look at a 4inch air-cooled reflector that can work.

onlyhuman89

Stonedar- Thanks for pointing that out. Would a Sun Systems 2 hps kit be suitable for this. Space its 20 inch long its air cooled. Would I run into any issues with this setup? The ballast is enclosed. Would this bring heating issues. If so what do you suggest. I don't have a problem doing the DIY but I rather just pay the money.

Actually the cooltube is only 19" long so it would fit but would that leave me enough room for ducting?
The growlab has 5" holes.

KolorBlind

Significantly hotter than a 150. I have a 250 next to a 150 in my closet. The canopy is about 6" from the 250, and 4" from the 150. The leaves that are 5-6" from the 250 are nice & toasty, and thats WITH a fan blowing air over the bulb. The leaves that are 4" from the 150 are green.

KB

el-rey-del-mund

I think a 250 was make especially for scrogging.

Attachments

• week9.jpg
    week9.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 18

KolorBlind

Some shots of my 250 closet grow. 39 days of 12/12 with 9 Apollo11 crosses.

picture.php

Things are getting very frosty....mmmmmm :)
picture.php

picture.php

Technically they are under 568w total, but they started out under a 250 in flower. I had to add 4 42w CFLs and my 150HPS just to keep the temps up. It was topping out at 73 and dropping to 58 at night, now highs are about 81 with lows at 66 on average.

Peace
KB

L

lysol

How do you get the image to appear as an actual photo instead of a attachment you have to open? I'm kinda new to this.

It does if you are logged in. or for guests to see, upload to your gallery ("my ic") and when posting, under the smile face icons, click "my photos/insert"

^ vegged under 100mh for 2+ months, put under 600w for 2 week stretch (im a cheater), finishing flower under 250w hps. It's got like 8-12 2ft branches.

HymroD

My first Post

My first Post

Ok guys..I am not gonna lie I skipped like 30 pages of the thread so I can post my girls. Thank you for all the posts, all the great help I have learned. Here is my first Cali grow. I don't want to sound too too excited, but if you saw my 3x girls? Long term veteran heads have seen my plants and are amazed at what I have grown. Fan leaves bigger then my hand. Stems thicker then a .50 cent piece on a 20" plant.

So on to the goods:

1) 1x 250 conversion running HPS
1) 2x 48" ballasts running flo's ,3x regs 1x for aquarium etc
3) Growing in FoxFarm, Perlite, Hyrdoton.
4) Watering 1-2x per week, Using Van De Zwann HoG Soil A/B
5) Going to add HoG Bud XL next week

HymroD

Kingzako

Yahoo another 250 watter!

I use a 250 w HPS along with a 85 w Blue Spectrum CFL in a 2'x3' Stelth Box and yeilded about 4 oz from 2 plants.

Not sure if I should upgrade to a 400 or 600 watt. I have heard that the 600w system is the most cost effective light to run.

Any Coments on this?

B

bcell

250 Watt is enough for personal grow but a bigger light would give you more light penetration - better for sativa dominant.

el-rey-del-mund

King, I would tweak the 250 set-up first. You should be able to pull 8 oz. with out much trouble. Why switch if you are not optimal with this size?

B

bcell

Anyone have a switchable ballast and use MN and HPS? I do - Sunleaves Mini. I just have a HPS bulb but I am going to get an MH next grow.

M

mrred

if your yeild sucks or your light dont seem so bright buy a new capacitor for it, they get old over time, and with the 250 you have to keep the light close, as close and you can without burning orr overheating the tops

for the upgrade, are you using the same box? if its a new room id go with the a 600 without a doubt

asstastic

Yahoo another 250 watter!

I use a 250 w HPS along with a 85 w Blue Spectrum CFL in a 2'x3' Stelth Box and yeilded about 4 oz from 2 plants.

Not sure if I should upgrade to a 400 or 600 watt. I have heard that the 600w system is the most cost effective light to run.

Any Coments on this?
max out your 250 first you should be able to get 4zips off a 150 up grade when you cant pull any more from your 250 if your not happy then
i suggest double your amount of plants your light will handel it no prob and check out the 150 club for inspiration