What's new

250w HPS users....

SkunkyDemon

BL4ZE20 I think that using a cooltube will work great. Just as long as you have enough air running through it. Do a test run when your done just to make sure that it cools enough.
Peace

WESTCRAZY1

Im in the process of getting a grow box built, i was wondering will this measurement for the grow box be suitable for a 250w hps or is it to small? the measurements is 36.25" tall, 26.5" long and 14.75" wide.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
My cab is about 55 inches in height however some of that is taken up by my s&p so we'll say 45in of growing space, 22 inches wide with 12 inches of depth.

whether or not you could get away with it, a 250 would be wasted in that size cab.

if you are looking for yield then you want at least 2x2foot for a 250 - probably a bit bigger. check my grow diary - you need space to get the buds in there ;)

V.

I

Iron_Lion

2x2 is about perfect, I have a 5 sq foot tent (20x36) with a 250 and one side of the tent behind the bulb doesnt seem to get enough light.

BL4ZE20

whether or not you could get away with it, a 250 would be wasted in that size cab.

if you are looking for yield then you want at least 2x2foot for a 250 - probably a bit bigger. check my grow diary - you need space to get the buds in there ;)

V.

Hmm well that sucks!
I've gotta find a way to get my yield up, but i'm stuck with this cab for now, until I get moved.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
dont get me wrong, if you can get keep the environment good then you will get more yield with a 250 in your cab - but you will be using it inefficiently. most people think that the optimum yeild from a bulb will come with 50-60 watts per square foot.

guanito

my cab
250 cmh
glass panel makes all the difference in heat control

bubblegummer day 47

picture.php

B

bcell

Nice Bubblegum.Waiting for my Nirvana Bubblicious beans. What is the source of your Bubblegum?

B

bcell

Nice Powerplant.

Just picked up a Sunleaves 250 mini today with glass plate. It can run both HPS and MH. I took an extended break from growing - psyched to get back.

B

bcell

The funny thing - this thread has been going for 4 years - longer than my 3 year break from growing!

Sirpuffsalot

Hey guys I'm Setting up a small veg only box I was thinking a cabinet 2ft. x 3ft x 4ft high. 1 250 MH 6" air cooled reflector. A couple of computer fans to cool the cabinet. I would like to get 15-20 sites from clones in 6" pots up 12" tall in about 3-4 weeks. Then they’ll be put in a stadium setup with a 2000 watt cool tube. Ambient temps are not an issue since this cabinet will be in the flowering room. I'm hoping this will be the start of a perpetual cycle. What do you guys think? Should I build it bigger, or do need a bigger light?

coneheadSA

Wow you seem too get some decent yields out of those 250 watters i was thinking of putting a 400 in a cab but might just go with one of them because it will save me gettin a cooltube.

BL4ZE20

Are any of you guys venting your 250w back into the same room as the grow?. If so what's your setup like IE - cooltube or not, cfm of your fan/fans, ambient room temperature and cab tempertures etc. Just trying to get an idea if I could run a 250w without venting the heat into a seperate room. I'd greatly apprecaite any info

guanito

i vent into the same room but it's a basement and cool most of the year.
i have a simple cheapo reflector and a pane of glass i found on the street.
without the glass the temps would be 10-15deg higher.
i use a small fantech on a speed control at lowest setting.
puter fan on the bulb and one as active intake.
temps run on low side 71 - 76deg with lamp on.
lamp off it goes down to 60deg. good for purpling.

running some purple wreck crosses now so we shall see
meanwhile here's a bubblegummer at day 56
this one in a quart pot

picture.php

picture.php