What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

[250w HPS + 40w CFL] {DWC LST} ~ICE & Chrystal~ (Stealth Dresser)

BCity

Wow :) I have just finished reading your almost 2 year long journey and all I can say is that your a inspiration to all, not just growers but all ha. cheese.
I have just recently purchsed Ak-47 serious seed, Blue Mystic, Ice, white widow and Afangy but have to wait till I get back to my country until i can try.
These next two months will be a long . ( the smuggle should be interesting ) I have been an avid outdoor grower for as long as I can remember just due to security reason but now I have a secure location ready and waiting for me to try my first DWC system I have been looking into the DIY 12 bucket system and it seems like the one for me.
Again shot cuz this is my first post and I hope there is more
Peace boi.

twistedtree

Hey Pontiac, nice plants there. What a nice, long read. Like any good story, it had it's ups and downs(sucks about the ICE males), but it looks like it's gonna have a great ending! Way back on the first page of this thread you reported your CFL was too close to your seedlings. Do you remember how close it was? I think I almost ran into this problem yesterday. My light was about 3-4 inches away from my seedlings. It didn't seem that hot so I thought it was okay, and then I checked about two hours later and it was way warmer so I moved it up a bit. Anywho, just wanted to stop by and say hey. Nice job on the stealth cab. Lovin' it!

pontiac

Pass That S**t!
Veteran
TML- :D

Bcity- Thanks for the comments dude, i really appreciate it. :yes: I wish you the best of luck for all your future grows. I'm sure you'll do great with indoor dwc, theres really nothing to it. Just keep the pH, TDS and res level as constant as possible, keep the temps low, change the res frequently, and you'll do just fine. Plus, those strains you chose are all well suited for dwc. Anyway, goodluck and take care! :wave:

TwistedTree- Thats a good way to put it lol; now that i think of it, it is like a story. :D Cant wait for the ending myself. :yes: Anyway, about the cfls... My plants got burned by the cfls only when the leaves were physically touching them. There were times when the leaves were only about a cm away from the cfl, but the leaves still didnt get burned. To be safe however, i like keeping any plant matter about 5 inches or so away from the cfl. Goodluck with your grow and thanks for stopping by! :wave:

twistedtree

Yeah, I like keeping the light about 4 inches away. Just seems better for the plants. Thanks for the luck on my grow! While a chapter in your story seems to be coming to an end, a new chapter in my story is just beginning. See you around. I'll pop in again.

SirSmokalot

My Zips Be So Fluffy The Whole Town Love Me
Veteran
your animation on page 1 made me dizzy again. glad you are back rockin the dresser

DimeBag65

You will not be forgotten
Veteran
Love your stealth grow set up Pontiac, very well done up. Looks like whoever you had care for the ladies did a pretty stand up job in keeping them happy. Looking forward to watching them through flower and keep up the excellent work.

Glad to hear you got a nice vacation as well :joint:

Catch you later

Core

Quality Control Controller
ICMag Donor
Veteran
LMfao ...Multi tool ...Macgyver....ROflol..ohw man that gave me some chuckels..hehehe... :muahaha:
sorry Pontiac had 2 track back a little....btw hope you found your little black book ..

pontiac

Pass That S**t!
Veteran
TwistedTree- Thanks for stopping by bro, :yes: your always welcome here! :wave:

SirSmokalot- Hmm I might have to slow down the frame rate :D Thanks for stopping! :wave:

Dime- Thanks for the nice comment! Yup that person will definitely get rewarded. :yes: Hope to see you around. :wave:

Core- Yea its only $29.99 at your local hardware store; worth every penny too. :2cents: Thanks for stopping by! :wave:

Anyway, i'm taking some pics tonight and i'll post an update tommorow. Thanks for watching everyone! :respect:

pontiac

Pass That S**t!
Veteran
Yea, bread tie (aka twist tie; garbage tie) is the best choice, but any spare wire will do. Thanks for stopping by! :yes:

pontiac

Pass That S**t!
Veteran
==================================================
Ambient Conditions
Internal Temp: 94 F, External Temp: 89 F,
Res Temp: :confused:, Humidity: 36%,
Light Cycle Hours (on/off): 12/12

ICE STATUS
DAY X+19 (Flowering DAY 19)
41 :canabis: DAYS REMAINING
pH: 5.48, PPM: 753 @ .5 conversion
Chrystal STATUS
DAY X+19 (Flowering DAY 19)
44 :canabis: DAYS REMAINING
pH: 5.65, PPM: 850 @ .5 conversion
==================================================​

Heres a quick little update:

The plants are looking great and are showing little signs of any health problems. However, the plants are very big and i'm having a hard time keeping the branches low. Ice is definitley ticking me off because of its lanky growth. I HST'd some ice branches in order to make up for its lankiness. On the other hand, chrystal has been somewhat good to me sinse day 1 and i expect a very nice harvest from her.

I increased the TDS a bit since the last update, and i plan on gradually increasing the tds to over 1000 @ .5 within the next 2 weeks. I also plan on doing a full res change and flush within a week, cus i see some salt build up on parts of the DWC.

Buds are finally taking form for both plants, but the bud growth rates are evidently lagging a bit when compared to the ak48s from my last grow. This explains why both chrystal and ice finish about a week after a typical ak48.

Anyway here are the pics:

The babies:

Ice bud:

Last edited:

x10fast

pontiac said:
Yea, bread tie (aka twist tie; garbage tie) is the best choice, but any spare wire will do. Thanks for stopping by! :yes:

:headbange pontiac!!!!

Two thumb up man!!!

Thanks lot

:wave:

x10fast

TML16

Snow Grower ~OGA~
Veteran
Lookin great in there P! :yes:
Nice and full...buds are starting to form up nice too :canabis:

Seems a little warm in there, but if anything that should speed up growth. Just a small observation though...sometimes high temps like that can cause wispy style buds.

Looks like you'll hafta be a patient man when finishing those ladies. You've invested the time already though. You will be rewarded :joint:

I love that stealth cab :smile: Keep up the good work buddy!

stray22

I love these small grows..

nice cab Pontiac. sounds like your temps get a little high, have you ever had root rot issues?

G

Hey pontiac you have inspired me I was looking @ a old dresser in the spare room just a few minutes ago and probably gonna start work on it tomorrow. Ice was my very first attempt under a 250 hps even with heat issues and newb mistakes it was a good plant had a slight fuel smell to me, good high. Also did a chrstal outside a few years ago and if i remember right the smoke expanded very quickly also a good high. well just wanted to say thanks and keep up the good work ohh and stay safe...peace

G

pontiac: were you able to find your suncourt ductstat at lowes or homedepot or some chain store like that or did you have to order offline?
the cheapest one i can find is at IAQsource dot com and it costs $32 +close to $10 shipping.

Latest posts

Latest posts