What's new

[250w HPS + 40w CFL] {DWC LST} ~ICE & Chrystal~ (Stealth Dresser)

TML16

Snow Grower ~OGA~
Veteran
Coming from a guy who doesn't get "enough" males, I can see your dispair...but really it cost you nothing but a slight bit of time. Hopefully..we still all have alot of time left :smile:
rkrone raises a great point :ying:
I havn't even really had a chance to collect any yet, because I've never got a male from a strain I wanted to use for fathering :confused:

Your options are definately still open for this grow. You still have ladies :yes: You could also possibly throw down a few more seeds and do a 12/12 from seed along with the other ladies :chin:
I'm sure there will be others with some great ideas that will come along too :yes:

You're a resourcefull guy...I'm sure you'll come up with a great idea to experiment with :respect:

Will be happy to hear your new plans and see the confirmed ladies in action. Looking forward buddy :lurk:

hanfiking

Wow man, a month has flown by. Love the grow.
My blue mystic is a dude and my purple star is a girl. I'm gonna get some seeds from this one and then go on to the two Hindu Kush strains.
PEACE

G

Nice stealth grow!!

I was wondering how quiet it was with that blower. Then I saw where you turn it off in the "stealth" mode?

I have a Dayton 465 I may have to hook up in place of blower on my carbon filter...depends on how stinky my 2 Ice and 2 AI plants get.

My Ice are looking good so far. One is 33 inches and the other is about 43-44 inches tall. The 2 AI are similar.

Good luck with it. My plants going into week 4 of flowering.
Obli :joint:
Pics of Ice below. Blow them up :joint:
The short Ice

The taller Ice

pontiac

Pass That S**t!
Veteran
rk- You got a good point there, thanks for the tip! :yes:

TML- I just did another check on the plants and two of my bigger ices are definatley males. However, i'm pleased to say that my biggest chrystal is a girl! :yes: Looks like this grow isnt over just yet! I think this chrystal alone will keep me satisfied for the rest of the grow. Infact, its such a big chrystal that any new females will just be a big bonus.
I think i'm gonna stay positive and take rk's and your advice and make some beans. i never quite had a chance before, but now is the perfect oppertunity. Maybe i'll cross the ice and chrystal and see what comes out. :yes: Thanks for stopping by! :wave:

Han' Awesome! :yes: I think i'll do the same myself! Cant wait to see some pics of them kush's. :yummy: Thanks for stopping by!

Oblido- Youre making me jealous lol. Those are some nice looking ice's good luck with those! :yes: AI is near the top of the list of strains i wanna grow next, i heard its one of the best that nirvana has to offer.
The dayton isnt all that loud actually. If you sound proof around the dayton, then all you'll really hear is air movement; people can easily confuse it for a hepa filter or a small circulating fan. Well anyway, thanks for stopping by! :wave:

Last edited:
G

:chin: Alright Pontiac let me see if I can kick the cob webs out of my head and remember. It was about 5 years ago that I grew it , but it left a lasting impression for sure.

The plants grew medium sized about the same as my GKB. They had some of the biggest buds I have grown :woohoo: It was a high yielder.

The smoke was a good mix a little on the couchlock side though. I loved the smoke. The smell and the taste were really different then I was used to so it took some time to get used to it, but once I did i was hooked.

I would recommend this strain to anyone. It's easy to grow ,yields good and is potent as hell.

Good luck
GCG

pontiac

Pass That S**t!
Veteran
GCG- Damn thats a nice review! :D 5 years and ya still remember? It mustve knocked you off your ass! :yoinks: Now i'm definatley thinking about growing WW next. Thanks for stopping by! :wave:

pontiac

Pass That S**t!
Veteran
==================================================
Ambient Conditions
Internal Temp: 89 F, External Temp: 82 F,
Res Temp: :confused:, Humidity: 35%,
Light Cycle Hours (on/off): 12/12

ICE STATUS
DAY 35 (Flowering DAY 7)
53 :canabis: DAYS REMAINING
pH: 5.80, PPM: 897 @ .5 conversion
Chrystal STATUS
DAY 35 (Flowering DAY 7)
56 :canabis: DAYS REMAINING
pH: 5.90, PPM: 903 @ .5 conversion
==================================================​

Well i finally got to determine the sex of some of the plants and i'm not too happy with the outcome. It turns out that 2/3 of my big ices are definatley males, and i'm pretty sure that the 3rd runty one is a male too (just have to give it a few more days to make sure). I was really hyped about trying out ice, but i guess its not gonna happen for this grow. :badday: I'm gonna chop the ices down after i confirm that the 3rd runty ice is indeed a male.

However, things are looking pretty good on the other side of the cab. It turns out that my biggest chrystal (infact, the biggest of all my plants) is a female! :yes: This chrystal alone will guarentee me a nice harvest and any new females would only be a bonus.

Below is a pic of all the plants; they definatley did alot of growing sinse the last update. Well anyway, this is probably the last time you'll see all of them together like this cus i'm chopping down the ice males (and possibly any male chrystals) in a few days:

All plants:

Last edited:

ZeusOGrefugee

Registered Medical Patient
Veteran
shame about the ICE dude, I really wanted to see that shit grow again...maybe next run!Peace, I gotta go clean the resin off my hands....HARVEST DAY!!!!!!!

- Z

hanfiking

Yeah sucks to be you, i took a closer look and turns out my female is a duude. But hey at least theres the silver lining, your female is the huge bertha of a plant, and i still have a dutch dragon girl, phew! Good luck with your little geenies. I think I'm still going to cross one half of the dragon with the mystic and the other with the star.
But the kush will be next when i come back.
Have Fun.

Core

Quality Control Controller
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hello pontiac...

i guess its the luck of the dice ....euhh of the beans :biglaugh:
pitty though...1 Female would be enough...maybe you'll have more luck next time.....i can imagine it suck real hard....

btw healty looking bunch :yes:

Black Ra1n

Cannaculturist ~OGA~
Veteran
Hey Pontiac, I just went through the same thing with my Ak's, all three ended up being males.
I know it sucks.....I hope that runt turns out to be a female.

Take care man.

B/R

sackoweed

I took anger management already!!!! FUCK!!!
Veteran
Pontiac
Howzit? sorry bout the queers in yer garden.. I just found my best growin plant is a male a blue moon rocks.. Man this plant is nice too.. So sad but i will use him for a few crosses. bmr x sk#1, bmr x local skunk, bmr x blue shiva f2, bmr x 3way of big bud x jack herer x aloha white widow. bmr x 3 way oasis x grenadine x white widow. mmmm ill be ok. kinda glad to see a male now.. lol.. good luck with the rest of yer grow.. bbl peace..

sack

pontiac

Pass That S**t!
Veteran
Zues- Hey bro! Thanks for stopping by! Yea i think i'm gonna give ice another chance. But next time, i wont make the same mistakes again; I'm gonna make a new motherplant cab (or rubbermaid) and make sure i only get females. Hope you had an awesome harvest. I still cant believe you harvested that much with just CFLs. Take care :wave:

JeffSpicoli- Lol, thanks for the nice comment! Hope to see you around! :wave:

Maj.PotHead- Thanks, :yes: but its not too bad though. I still have a humongous chrystal and i'm pretty sure theres some more females, just gotta give it a lil more time. Thanks for the nice comment! :wave:

Core- lol thanks :yes: I'm putting down the dice for good and i'm gonna build a mother plant cab. My odds of getting a female will increase from 50% to 100% lol. Thanks for the nice comment! :wave:

Black Ra1n- Yea me too man. It may be a runt but it'll still satisfy my craving for some ice after i harvest. It is taking up alot of space though. I mean, its just one runty ice taking up half the floor space of my cab. Maybe i'll transfer it to a soil pot. Thanks for stopping by! :yes:

Han'- lol, sorry about the delay. :D Well sucks that your girl is a tranny, but i know how it is because it also happened to my AKs. At first 3/4 of my aks appeared to be females and i was thrilled. However a week later, 2/3 of my females grew some big balls and i was left with just one girl. From there i just cloned that single female and started my ak48 grow. Good thing you have that dutch dragon girl; you might wanna make some clones of her too. Well thanks for stopping by! :wave:

Sackoweed- Yea i too am gonna make the best of this situation and do some crossbreading myself. I'm most likely gonna cross ice with chrystal after this grow, which is ALOT less than what youre planning to cross that bmr with, but its still a start lol. Thanks for stopping by and i hope to see you around! :wave:

Last edited:

pontiac

Pass That S**t!
Veteran
Ambient Conditions
Internal Temp: 90 F, External Temp: 83 F,
Res Temp: :confused:, Humidity: 38%,
Light Cycle Hours (on/off): 12/12

ICE STATUS
DAY 38 (Flowering DAY 10)
50 :canabis: DAYS REMAINING
pH: 5.65, PPM: 700 @ .5 conversion
Chrystal STATUS
DAY 38 (Flowering DAY 10)
53 :canabis: DAYS REMAINING
pH: 6.00, PPM: 912 @ .5 conversion

Well i removed the male Ice's and left the runt alive. I still wasnt able to fully determine the sex of the runt, but im 70% sure its a female. I think i'm gonna have to transfer the ice to a soil pot, cus its not worth it to allow a runt to take up half the floor space. :chin:

The chrystals are looking very nice, :yes: but i still dont know the sex of 2 of them. It appears that all 3 are females but i'm not too sure. I'm gonna need a maginfying glass to make sure. :confused:

The chrystals are growing extremley fast and i'm worried about them getting too close to the hps (they already reached the cfl). So to prevent them from getting burned by the hps, i've decided to get this apparatus called the "equalizer diffuser" from my local hydro store. It reduces hot spots and diffuses the light from directly under the hps. It seems to work, because my hand stays cool when i put it under the diffuser. :cool:

All:

Chrystals:

Runt Ice:

Equalizer Diffuser:

Installed Diffuser:

Last edited:

pontiac

Pass That S**t!
Veteran
Starting all over

Starting all over

Ambient Conditions
Internal Temp: -- F, External Temp: -- F,
Res Temp: --, Humidity: --%,
Light Cycle Hours (on/off): 0/24

ICE STATUS
DAY -- (Aborted)
-- :badday: DAYS REMAINING
pH: -.--, PPM: --- @ .5 conversion
Chrystal STATUS
DAY -- (Aborted)
-- :badday: DAYS REMAINING
pH: -.--, PPM: --- @ .5 conversion

Listen up guys. So i decided to quit this grow and start all over for some obvious and for some other reasons. One of the reasons is the fact that 2/3 of my ices were males, and the other is that the chrystal is WAY too big now. Its literally getting burned by the cfl and hps. I guess i vegged way to long and added too much N to the res during flowering. Another reason is a flaw in my cab: it turns out that the velcro would peel off and ambient light would leek in, causing the chrystal to strech even more.

However i am making clones of my best chrystal female, and some clones of that ice, which is also a female (they wont get stressed sinse its early flowering). I will mount a ScrOG on to the DWCs and veg for 2 weeks instead of 3 (excluding transplant phase). I will also fix the light leaking problem and any other problems in my cab. So in other words, this new grow will be all that i hoped for from the beggining. Well anyway, i hope to see you all around. (I'm making the clones right now; expect the new grow to begin next week or so [will still use this thread]). Thanks for stopping by and thanks for watching! :wave:

Last edited:

Black Ra1n

Cannaculturist ~OGA~
Veteran
Hey Pontiac, sorry to hear about the problems you're having. At least you found out about the cab problems now so you can fix them for your next grow. I'm anxious for your next round, good luck man.

B/R

Latest posts

Latest posts