What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

[250w HPS + 40w CFL] {DWC LST} ~ICE & Chrystal~ (Stealth Dresser)

x10fast

Ballast

Ballast

[*] 250w HPS Digital Ballast & Full Spectrum Bulb (30000+ Lumens @ 2000k)

-Heres a pic of the digi ballast placed on the bottom of the cab. Digi or not, it is important to place the ballast outside in order to reduce heat:

I need more detail about this one please.

Thanks lot.

The Budfather

"I'm thinking about placing some small pc fans and aiming it at the bulb. Do you think that'll work?"'

its what i do and i get amazing results 80-120 cfm get the job done youd need a 12v dvc adapter aswell, radioshack is good for those things. my buds by the way can get within 6 inches of the bulb with a fan blowing on it some a lil closer but this can lead to bleaching

pontiac

Pass That S**t!
Veteran
^^^ whats the wattage of your light? And what are the differences in temps after placing the fans? Thanks

Core

Quality Control Controller
ICMag Donor
Veteran
wow nice thread ...verry stealthy and neat setup you got yourself there pontiac...king of DIY threads :D...
and the plants look recoverd from that 'alkaline' story :yes: good job bro!

Black Ra1n

Cannaculturist ~OGA~
Veteran
Hey Pontiac, the plants are looking good. Is this a total CFL grow? I'm building my CFL box soon :) I have to try this hahaha ... can't wait to see these strains in full flower.

Take care man...

B/R

pontiac

Pass That S**t!
Veteran
Core- Thanks for the nice comments! :yes: Yup, not a single burnt leaf sinse that day. Thanks for stopping by! :wave:

Black Ra1n- No, this cab uses a 250w HPS as the primary source of light (during bloom). Those 2 CFL lights you see in the pics are just 40w of supplemental lighting. However, I do plan on making a CFL-only cab sometime in the future. Thanks for stopping by! :wave:

Pimp Aurora- :yes: Thanks for the nice comment and thanks for stopping by! :wave:

Last edited:

pontiac

Pass That S**t!
Veteran
==================================================
Ambient Conditions
Internal Temp: 88 F, External Temp: 79 F,
Res Temp: :confused:, Humidity: 33%,
Light Cycle Hours (on/off): 12/12

ICE STATUS
DAY 29 (Flowering DAY 1)
59 :canabis: DAYS REMAINING
pH: 5.20, PPM: 811 @ .5 conversion
Chrystal STATUS
DAY 29 (Flowering DAY 1)
62 :canabis: DAYS REMAINING
pH: 5.22, PPM: 820 @ .5 conversion
==================================================​

NO PICS today sinse they pretty much look the same as the last update (yesturday).

I did a complete resiviore change, which took a while to finish. First thing i did was empty the tubs and then added clean water. Then i added some clearex, and let them sit in the solution for about 1.5 hours. Next, i emptied the tubs again and added clean water again. Finally, i added the new nutrients and adjusted the ph afterwards.

I added some maxibloom, a tiny bit of maxi grow, and some supplements like floralicious bloom, epsom salts, h2o2 and rare earth.
Adjusting the pH was a bitch and will still be a bitch for the next few days. However, this time i'll check on the pH every 4 hours or so during the daytime and make sure my plants dont get damaged like last time.

Temps are still a bit too high and the Humidity is a bit too low. I'm trying to keep the temps at around 85 F and the humidity around 40% but the actual temps and humidity sails around 88 F and 33%, respectivley. I wouldnt be having this problem if it was winter right now. :mad: I'll take the budfathers advice and try to rig up some pc fans and aim at the light, hopefully that'll prove effective.

Well thats about it, i'll do a full update with pics in a few days. Thanks for stopping by! :wave:

Last edited:

TML16

Snow Grower ~OGA~
Veteran
Nice to see you back and hard at work Pontiac :whip:

:yoinks: Those plants just keep exploding in size everytime I see them. Looking very good man :yes:
Good timing on the 12/12 switch :yes: You'll be very impressed with your 250W results :smile:

Thanks for the info on DWC. I'm sure I'll be hittin up your DIY-Link-o-rama often when I'm not so lazy and decide to finally do it :biglaugh: I'll probably be buggin you in PM's too around that time :pointlaugh

PC fans can be usefull in almost any situation. Their primary function is to disperse heat. Plus...they're something that's actually cheap!

Man...you got a lot of great sounding plans too! a organic soil grow and a CFL grow. You'd better not take a year off between each this time :nono: :biglaugh:

Great updates bro :wave: Let them babies bloom! :lurk:

Man I saw a cooltube with computer fans somwhere I just wish I could remember what thread that was in, You could try looking through the micro growers forum for some ideas on cooling that bulb but as for me Im all outta ideas bro.

G

:badday: Sorry to hear about you loosing your clones Pontiac. Don't sweat it though it happens to all of us :confused:

I grew out Nirvanas WW about 3-4 years ago and let me tell you it's a keeper. Huge buds and a very strong high. I think you'll be very satisfied with it????

Nice grow
GCG

pontiac

Pass That S**t!
Veteran
TmL- Yea theyre growing alot quicker than i expected; they look nothing like the last update. I too think its a good time for flowering; any more veg time and they'll get cooked! Cant wait for the harvest and see what a 250 is capable of :yummy:
Yea pc fans should help out with the heat a bit; i think i'm gonna work on installing them after this update. :yes: The sad thing is, i already have like 20 3" pc fans and several dc psu's just laying around the house, but you know....The lazyness :pointlaug
The organic grow and the cfl grow will be done all together. I'm gonna build the cfl cab and do the organic grow in that cab. I cant wait! :D Thanks for stopping by! :wave:

GCG- Yes i guess youre right. I could just do another ak grow in the future. Thanks! :yes: Well anyway, I got some questions about the nirvana ww you grew, hope you dont mind: Were the white widow seeds consistant in growth and appearence? Were they indica dominant, sativa dominant or both? And was the high "stoney and couchlock", "jumpy and paranoid", or something esle? Thanks for stopping by?

SG- I still got a few more tricks up my sleaves to control temps and radiant heat. One of them is this: http://www.nationalgardenwholesale.com/detail_lighting.php?prod=1681
Gonna stop by my local hydro store and pick one up. :yes: Thanks for stopping by! :wave:

x10- Thanks for the nice comment! :yes: I wish you the best of luck! Stop by here for more inspiration: http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=40637

Last edited:

pontiac

Pass That S**t!
Veteran
x10fast & SG- Thanks for asking :yes: I'll try and post an update by today or tommorow, but i'm pretty pissed off right now. It looks like 2/3 of my ices are males, and i'm pretty sure the 3rd one is a male too. I'm just so pissed right now that i dont even feel like caring about this grow anymore. I'll give it a few more days to determine if theyre indeed males; maybe they'll surprise me and grow some hairs, but i doubt it. The chrystals on the other hand arent showing any preflowers just yet; i hope they wont dissapoint me. Thanks for stopping by! :wave:

G

its not all bad pontiac, it will give a chance to collect some pollen and put another notch on your belt if nothing else:D