What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

250w Freezer grow THaze x Skunk

D

Don Cotyle

Shame about Betty, er um, Barney, you thinking about harvesting pollen from the old boy? I got a male out of 3 but he was a scrawney little plant so no pollen here.

Just thought I'd remind ya of what your in for...60 days and :puppydoge ;)
:muahaha:

LiLWaynE

I Feel Good
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^ i had to tie my thai hazes up like that also... good thing i snapped the stem also so it doesnt stand as tall as that one..

freezerboy, sorry to hear about the male... its really a tragic event when you have to discard a plant...

about the ph strips, i wouldn't use them... its just too much of a hassle... ive been using this pen ph pen on ebay .... this pen you can tell is cheap, but belive me man i have put this baby through hell and it just keeps on coming back alive for more...

also, i have been thinking about your bubbling bucket system and was wondering if your plant(s) would thrive more if you added more air via another air pump....roots love oxygen - the more the merrier(sp?)...

anyways, i plan on taking some upclose bud shots on my thai hazes tonight when i get a chance... ill be sure to post some for ya to check out... they are simply amazing plants.... the buds on these plants just want to hang like bananas on a tree... oh and speaking of banana's, all of my thai hazes have a hint of banana smell to them... oh, and did i also mention that my banana smelling thai hazes are now going to be fed with monkey juice?

monkeys and bananas..

truthfully though freezerboy, it might have been a good thing that the one haze of yours died off.... the two of them in the fridge would have been FIGHTING :dueling: for that light.... now just nurture what you have to the best of your abilities and im sure it will not let you down..

man this shit is bananas...

peace, LW

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
Don Cotyle said:
Shame about Betty, er um, Barney, you thinking about harvesting pollen from the old boy?
Hey Don,

I thought about it briefly but my Mom/Clone station is full with Pebbles and Sleeping Beauty. Plus the slips I cut from Wilma the other day...

Gotta get started on that C-13 but, upgrading Shed on the fly is chewing up what free time I have.

FreezerBoy

Veteran
LiLWaynE said:
freezerboy, sorry to hear about the male... its really a tragic event when you have to discard a plant...

about the ph strips, i wouldn't use them... its just too much of a hassle... ive been using this pen ph pen on ebay .... this pen you can tell is cheap, but belive me man i have put this baby through hell and it just keeps on coming back alive for more...

also, i have been thinking about your bubbling bucket system and was wondering if your plant(s) would thrive more if you added more air via another air pump....roots love oxygen - the more the merrier(sp?)...

I was bummed for a minute. Now that I think on it, I was insane to think I have enough space for two of these. Screen is the next project. I'll have a 22 x 29 inch space to fill. Somehow, I don't think it will be that difficult.

Great deal on the pH pen. At that price, I may give it a shot. Where do you get the phosphate and borax to calibrate with? We'll see how the strips go. The three drops in five ml trick was getting old fast.

I got a new pump a couple of weeks ago. Pump is "rated" at 40-60 gallons, my res holds 12. Should I use more? They're cheap enough.

Thanks for watching out for me.

Last edited:

LiLWaynE

I Feel Good
ICMag Donor
Veteran
snapped some pics of my thai hazes for you.... hope you don't mind me posting them in your journal!

FreezerBoy

Veteran
T-Minus 97:12:42:37 and counting ...

Transitions. Down to double digits on my countdown, sexing completed, clones started, thermometer/hygrometer, new bucket and pump. Four airstones (one crumbled in my hand, drat) and an aquarium heater live in my new crystal clear nutes. Res has been marked for volume and depth of net pot. Stupid piece of tape, what was I thinking ...

Wilma is about 12 inches tall now. I think I can get her down to 6 when I do the screen. Eight for sure.

For no other reason than I now know
Cab temp 80.8 degrees (Turn up the fan)
Water temp 74 degrees (turn down the heater)
Humidity 49%
pH 5.8 - 6.0 (still using 3 drops per 5 ml so ...)
CF 21 ppmX500=1050 ppmX700=1470

Now all I need do is figure out what it means .... :wave:

FreezerBoy

Veteran
LiLWaynE said:
snapped some pics of my thai hazes for you.... hope you don't mind me posting them in your journal!

ANYTIME!

Those are beautiful. How long have they been in flower? Do we know if they beef up or will this be more popcorn like? What the @#$%* was I thinking that I could handle twins in my space ...? :bashhead:

LiLWaynE

I Feel Good
ICMag Donor
Veteran
oh found another one... this baby is droopin hardcore from the weight of the bud....

and another pic

TB Gardens

Veteran
looks sweet man, freezer is a great idea .. two would be perfect ;x or a mini fridge for the veg cab perhaps? pullin up a chair to watch those gals plump up ;p

TB

FreezerBoy

Veteran
T-minus 96:14:12:11 and counting ...

We be scroggin now! Built a pvc frame and attached plastic screening. Kinda gets lost under the brightness of the CMH. Raised the power strip. It was right at screen level and I didn't want to fight through my (future) buds to get to it. Could've lowered it but, didn't like the idea of it sitting below the water line.

Lamp is raised for display purpose but, if I can get this grow in without raising it more than this, I can think about putting the fan inside the cab.

Here's a shot of the back corner. Gave it an extra notch to accomodate wiring. You can see the twist ties used to fasten the screen to the frame. Also, at about 9:30, you can see one of Sheds original shelf supports. There are four and these are what the frame sits on. The frame's a tight fit. If I lift the front, pressure holds it up for me.

Wilma under the screen. Bend looks worse than it is because of the camera angle. I'm wondering if the one inch mesh is too tight. At least the screen is easy to cut.

Water temps were 69 at first light up. Heaters doing it's job. EC dropped 0.1 to 2.0 or 1000 ppm. pH holding around 6. :joint:

FreezerBoy

Veteran
TB Gardens said:
looks sweet man, freezer is a great idea .. two would be perfect ;x or a mini fridge for the veg cab perhaps? pullin up a chair to watch those gals plump up ;p

TB

Welcome aboard and thanks for stopping in.

All these years later, I think a two level fridge would be perfect. Who knew back then? I knew nothing of cloning or mother chambers. It was 3-4 plants and LST (although I didn't know there was a name for that back then) and pray for a girl.

After I discovered cloning, I shifted to sog. Now, with my first scrog, I'm almost back to where I started. What goes around ... :wave:

D

Don Cotyle

Talk about a twisted redhead:p Wilma is looking good, the scrog should help in height control!

FreezerBoy

Veteran
Hey Don,

Screens about 20 x 28 inches. If I circle the shaft just inside the perimeter, that gives me about 7 feet of "height." I can probaly accomodate another 2-4 feet if I spirial in. Hope that's enough.

Great thread - the fridge idea is brilliant.

Might grow this strain sometime this year once I get my other ones out of the way and have a stash of smoke to last me six months while the monsters grow. I have a limited grow space around the same size. Like loads of people here I got the seeds as a freebie from seedsdirect.

Good luck

FreezerBoy

Veteran

FreezerBoy

Veteran
T-Minus 90:18:06:39 and counting ...

No news is good news. Temps, pH, EC, humidity are fairly flat over the last week. So far, Wilma's doing 7dpg (seven days per gallon.) Added 1 gallon of water and nutes today. Res readings remain the same. No news is good news.