What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

250w Freezer grow THaze x Skunk

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
T-Minus 112:19:22:31 and counting

Wilma's roots are still clean and growing well. What I mistook for root rot in a moment of panic was merely precipatate matter in the nutrient solution. Tried to get a shot of it on the sides of the bucket but it didn't read. It's on the inside of Betty's bucket, too. Why it didn't stick to Betty's roots I don't know.

I wonder what causes it? Low night temps? Aeration? Old nutes? Doesn't seem to stop them from feeding and growing

Couple of Wilma shots. She seems the more Sativa of the two

And a couple of Betty who shows more Indica.

Had an unplanned semi stealth test this afternoon. Just as I opened the garage, a neighbor walked by the driveway. He came up to say hello, I stepped out of the garage to intercept. We talked for several minutes about 20 feet from the freezer. He didn't seem to notice anything. That wouldn't have been possible prior to my silencing effort. It's not that I want to have parties in the garage while I smirk to myself. I just want it to be possible should I find myself forced into it.

Life is good.

FreezerBoy

Veteran
T - Minus 111:12:09:28 and counting

Got a couple of good shots on the sediment/parcipitate.

Small print on GH FloraMicro says "This product is concentrated to the limit of solubility. Protect from freezing and direct sunlight. If crystallization occurs, mix entire contents with an equal amount of hot water and double the amount used.

Who said "every day is an adventure."? Oh, yeah, it was me. :dueling:

Last edited:
D

Don Cotyle

Good to hear ya passed the stealth test! I've been useing GH nutes for as long as I can remember and never had that problem. Looks like your medium particles a simple flush should fix it! Are you watering directly thru the top opening?Water seeks it's own level and the roots will be the easiest path to follow...but why not Betty? Mabey a secound feeding rinsed them?

Looking good!

FreezerBoy

Veteran
I haven't really "watered" yet. So far I've been using the GH at half strength. 1/8 tsp per gallon while I was waiting for roots to show. Then I dumped and went with a new batch of transition formula at 1 tsp per gallon. That's when the panic happened.

You can see the "ring around the collar" in the first shot of post 62. My water level has only dropped about half an inch so I have yet to add back to the res.

I'm trying the hot water trick to see what happens. Considering the time and investment in this grow, I'm leaning to just replacing it. Now seems a bad time to skrimp on something as important as food.

FreezerBoy

Veteran
Well, if it ain't one thing it's another. And always on a Friday after the shops have closed. Still, spank my monkey and call me Daddy! I gots me a new baby!

Introducing, Pebbles!!! :joint:

When Betty and Wilma announced themselves, I threatened to throw the other cubes outdoors. And I did but, I forgot to actually plant them. Today, I notice the soda pop domes outside and think I should just chuck the lot when ...

Near as I can reconstruct the math, it's another T*Haze x Skunk. Fortunately, I had everything on hand to get her into a bucket under my old CFL hood. I've been threatening to rebuild my old 150HPS and do something with my near empty C13. Here's my excuse.

Question is, what to do with the other cubes? Part of me wants to bring them inside yet, it was exposing them on the hillside Spartan style that brought me my new bundle of joy.

FreezerBoy

Veteran
Back to the Main Attraction. T-Minus 109:19:02:21 and counting

As you can see, the girls are growing and generally healthy. However, there seems to be a bit of curl going on and Wilma seems a bit droopy. Below is a leaf from Betty thats so curled up it looks like a paper ready to be rolled into a joint

So, I've flushed both buckets. The sediment/precipitate/sludge at the bottom of each was pretty heavy. I've tried the bottles suggestion of diluting the Micro with hot water. We'll see how that goes.

In the meantime, I've got new nutes and a BlueLab EC/TDS Truncheon on order. Still wondering how to improve my pH testing. Seems most pens are a crapshoot and I'm leaning towards plastic pH strips. No calibrating, no temp adjustment just dip and read.

Thanks for stopping in. Y'all come back now. Y'hear? :wave:

SoEx

Good deal!

I just ordered a ph pen myself and a TDS pen because I'm sick of using these drops to get a very rough estimate (I also suck with color matching by eye :/)

Glad to see you're still going, keep us updated on the wilting!

D

Don Cotyle

WEEdoggies!!! Ya caught a flintstoner going AWOL on ya :p...a shot at another female!!!

Check out Hanna Instruments PH Gro Check and TDS Gro Check meters. Sometimes they have a combo deal going. They usually run $100 each but the combo is only $95-$120. They plug into the wall outlet and have a 1* (degree) alarm set, say from 5.5-6.5 if the PH or TDS wanders out of that pre-set range a digital flashing alarm activates. They are adjustable useing test solution. I run these meters for 5 years now no troubles, adjust them before every grow and check at a glance, just another reason I run a common tub and not buckets. For buckets just unplug more and lug in! Dureing my outdoors grow season I set em up on my 55 gal fish tank:)

chubbynugs

Registered Pothead
Veteran
I will popping some of these beans in a week or two. I am taggin along for this grow to see how these turn out. I know i saw a thread where dude let em flower for like 120+ days. I am up for the challenge i think.

G

nice setup man! glad you got those roots back to health, cant wait to see the flowers.

FreezerBoy

Veteran
Don Cotyle said:
I run these meters for 5 years now no troubles, adjust them before every grow and check at a glance, just another reason I run a common tub and not buckets.

Unlike my fan purchase, this time I did my homework. The pH testers just seem to be a complete crapshoot. People love their brand or they loathe them. Interestingly, while the BlueLab ph tester seems to be the most universally reviled, their Truncheon ec meter seems the most beloved and trusted. Oakton seems to be the favorite pH tester here though, it too has it's legion of haters ...

So I ordered a BlueLab EC Truncheon and I'm still on the fence pH wise. I'm leaning towards these
http://www.ph-ion.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWCATS&Category=205&gclid=CJKgiui7_ZACFRpdagodkXRB2Q
$20 for 240 strips, no calibration, no probe to replace. I have the distinct feeling my babies are under fed but, I'm afraid of burning them. The new equipment should let me "dial it in."

FreezerBoy

Veteran
LiLWaynE said:
yo freezerboy, check out my thai haze and what i had to do to it...

im at about 50-55 days flower i think?.....

Where's the "DAYum, I mean ... DAYum!" emoticon? Color me jealous.I feel like the stubby legged little brother running after you calling, "Wait for me, wait for me."

Seriously though, I stopped by your thread earlier and got the impression you were at 120 already. So this is just the half way point? Yowser.

FreezerBoy

Veteran
T-Minus 104:17:50:16 and counting

Plants are taking off. Still waiting for sexing before Scrog and swithing to a larger, single tub.

Note the difference in root structure. Wonder if it means anything? In both instances, Wilma on the left, Betty on the right (Oh and Pebbles is doing well too, thank you for asking)

They're tiny and hard to see but Betty is showing pre flowers. Too small to read yet but, they're there.

Am I having fun yet? :joint:

FreezerBoy

Veteran
T-Minus 101:12:24:07 and counting.

Nothing much to report in the main cabin. Betty's pre-flowers still indeterminate and Wilma's still shy. However, after 32 days of slumber, Sleeping Beauty has deigned to favor the Ball with her presence. Introducing Aurora and her big sister Pebbles.

Pebbles looked a little burnt at the edges. I realized I hadn't tested her since my switch from vinegar to phosphoric acid (AN pH-Down) Didn't use the chart but I know dark blue when I see it and I know it's not yellow.

I went ahead and pulled the trigger on some Alkalive pH strips. They should be here by next weekend and, with my new BlueLab Truncheon, the quesswork will be over. :dueling:

D

Don Cotyle

Little Shop of Horrors :muahaha: Looking good FB!!! I've been running Hanna Insruments Gro Chek PH and TDS meters, they plug into 110v outlet.set em and forget em. They havea digital display and flashing l.e.d. alarm system with a 1 ph level setting of varience. Easily cheched at a glance, no fuss no muss!

When you gonna dump and rinse out them tanks? :spank: :)

Keep on keeping on, Don.

FreezerBoy

Veteran
Hey Don,

I may consider a tri-meter or continuous read setup in the C-13 I keep threatening to build. One set of tools + two different locations = whatever you need is at the other place. At least now I have equipment I can trust and use to check future gear.

Actually I've flushed and rinsed four times already. :muahaha: Once between Seedling formula to Transition to Bloom formula and then between bad old nutes, corrected old nutes, and new nutes. More info below.

FreezerBoy

Veteran
T-Minus 100:17:19:17 and counting.

Well, smurf! :badday: Looks like Betty went Barney on me. Wilma, my slightly twisted, curvy redhead has come through:muahaha:. Wilma on the left, Barney on the right

Root Report. Acquired new nutes. Roots are now clean and, look ma, no ring around the collar on the bucket. Mixing the old Micro with hot water helped tremendously but not completely. It seemed silly, after all this effort, to use less than optimum nutes.

Latest posts

Latest posts