What's new

25 GRAPE APE in this hydro grow

THE_SURGEON

This is my first time growing this strain and i also have changed from GH to Cutting Edge Solution so this is gonna be intresting. Im using two thousands watt lights and a 4x8 tray with a 40 gallon resevor. Ill post new pics threw out the grow so sit back and enjoy.. any info on the strain is welcome or if anyone has questions feel free to ask...
aug 27 start
picture.php

picture.php

Cutting edge solution
picture.php

picture.php

bluebublelove

nice looking room. how high are you flooding your table? does the hydroton have a problem with floating up with the level of the water?? does that effect the placement of the plants?

THE_SURGEON

Well I generally flood about 2" high so it will not move the rocks or the plants. I have my tray set at a slight angle to ensure proper drainage to avoid root rot. I use 3 large bags of hydroton to fill my tray but u can use more if u prefer more room for root growth. It's a very simple setup if u know how to read ur plants and are good at diagnosing problems fast or ur crop will fail fast. I recomend this system to anyone because it's quick to change the resevore and easy to flush if problems accure so u won't deal with stress issues like soil. Happy growing and keep the questions flowing.

The Surgeon....

THE_SURGEON

Yeah I'm at one week veg now and I have no complaints yet I still think gh rules in the veg stage but I think ces will rule the flowering stage. We can only wait and see

Natagonnaworrie

If you love life, don't waste time. For time is wh
Veteran
what was the total veg time. it looks like it was the perfect time to flip them... nice and branchy clones.

Capn

That extension cord on the floor may be a hazard, just lettin you know.

cant wait for updates.

Squiggles

kick ass setup mate
is that the same grape ape that was featured in high times ?
and also is it clone only or available in seed form ?

THE_SURGEON

Well the veg time so far is 9 days now but I will let them go about 7 more days because it's a purple so it will not stretch when turned over. I'm not sure if it's the same Grape ape that was in hightimes cause this is my first crop off the strain. I believe it's clone only along with the GDP but I'm sure there are some beans out there.

Thanks for lookin out on the cord thing but it's safe because all that's plugged in is a timer for the pump and the ac which has it's own GFCI and everY extenion cord has a GFCI at it's source so Im safe as can be.. Knock on wood haha

Lone Wolf

Veteran
i like all the insulation you have in there... is that the ANTI-UV stuff that they sell any claim it blocks and infrared from escaping the grow?

if so, i bet you are sleeping well at night... ive never seen anyone go as far as putting that shit on top of their hot hoods.. im surprised the glue on the tape you used doesnt melt and cause you a problem... prettty cool though, wishin ya the best

norcalkell

Well the veg time so far is 9 days now but I will let them go about 7 more days because it's a purple so it will not stretch when turned over. I'm not sure if it's the same Grape ape that was in hightimes cause this is my first crop off the strain. I believe it's clone only along with the GDP but I'm sure there are some beans out there.

Thanks for lookin out on the cord thing but it's safe because all that's plugged in is a timer for the pump and the ac which has it's own GFCI and everY extenion cord has a GFCI at it's source so Im safe as can be.. Knock on wood haha

check this thread out..

http://icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=42521

THE_SURGEON

Here are my Babies at 2 weeks veg and now the first day of flowering. So far i love the CES more than the GH because it does not stretch like the GH and the stems are thicker and stronger. I will be posting weekly updates so sit back and enjoy.... The plants may look droopy but its cause its their bed time i just had to sneak a quick couple shots....
picture.php

picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts