What's new

25 Gallon Brewer

growclean

Grow Clean.... Go Fast!
I always brew my tea in our grow room. Otherwise, my storage type area is not warm enough. Also, I like the light on it...

C

CT Guy

I think the veg/work area will be 75 or so but not sure yet. I know the pool house is hotter than ambient in Summer so I dunno we have 20 days a year over 90 here? :D

Wait.... you're here, wait.... I think all of you are here? Is this an oregon trail board?

:D :D

I'm actually Washington, but close enough! :)

I'd try and brew in the grow area and invest in a pump that will be quiet enough to allow for this.

This would work for you:
http://simplici-tea.com/extended_life_motor.htm

or you could make one yourself, just be sure to check on the motor noise before purchasing (and test it with your finger in front of it but still allowing air flow to restrict flow somewhat, as this will give you a more accurate idea of what the motor sounds like against water pressure).

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I can say, the KIS quiet pump is very quiet for an air pump

I am very sensitive to noise also ( I have a fan in a box with sound absorbing foam, and silencers on each side )

NUG-JUG

Noise doesn't matter to me, but I dropped the kis extended life brewer from about three feet to cement (accident) and it still works fine!..:dunno:

GeorgeSmiley

Remembers
Veteran
The lower model KIS blower looks like one of those blowers I have for blowing up pool toys and air mattresses. Those sound exactly like a hair dryer...... am I close?

Extended life motor sounds like the option for me.

Smiley

Clackamas Coot

Veteran
The lower model KIS blower looks like one of those blowers I have for blowing up pool toys and air mattresses. Those sound exactly like a hair dryer...... am I close?

Smiley
GS

Don't make the mistake that I did - i.e. I thought that I could save some 'big money' by doing a DIY deal.

Even at minimum wage I lost out. Trust me. Buy the brewer - you'll save a ton of money.

A cynic is one who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing

CC

GeorgeSmiley

Remembers
Veteran
GS

Don't make the mistake that I did - i.e. I thought that I could save some 'big money' by doing a DIY deal.

Even at minimum wage I lost out. Trust me. Buy the brewer - you'll save a ton of money.

A cynic is one who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing

CC

LOL keep in mind CC we're posting in growcleans DIY brewer thread :D :D :D

smiley

C

CT Guy

Smiley

Smiley,

You nailed it, that's exactly right. The only difference is that the KIS motor is rated for a longer life, meaning that one of those air mattress pumps would burn out before you got through 1 brew.

Happy to help either way, whether you make a DIY brewer or decide to go the commercial product route. Glad to hear you're making tea! :)

If anyone is concerned with the noise of the Eco Plus Pump, I was able to find clear braided hose at Lowes by the foot and placed the pump in the attic. Where I use my air stones I can't hear anything!!!

growclean

Grow Clean.... Go Fast!
Looking forward to more pics, growclean. I've started ordering parts so there's no turning back now...thanks for the thread.

Ok, here are some pics:

Completed brewer

"Tea Bag"

Small batch of tea going

Instead of cutting through the garbage can like the directions stated, I just use the "lip" to rest the pipe on:

Just showing valve and and tee:

A couple of things to note. This garbage can, can realistically only brew about 25 gallons max or you will have a lot of bubbling over. We used buckets to fill up and then mark specific levels on it since we do not always brew the full 25 gallons. This is very helpful. Also, we do have a clamp that we use that is not pictured here. We also have wheels that we keep our brewer on.

In regards to time or effort... it wasn't bad. Everything here was readily available at Lowes besides the pump, 400 micron bag and attachment. PVC is extremely easy to cut and drill. Two of us completed the whole project after purchasing everything in about an hour. My only real argument for spending the money on a "real" one would be to have one that these guys have tested and that you know it is doing what it should. I have not yet been able to get ahold of a miscrosope. When I built my brewer, I simply could not afford to purchase another one. As time goes by and money is less of an issue I will probably purchase a nice model from one of the two gents that regularly supply info on these forums (thanks guys!). For now, this at least keeps me going on the path that I wish to be on.

V

vonforne

I always brew my tea in our grow room. Otherwise, my storage type area is not warm enough. Also, I like the light on it...

and it also adds humidity to the room. I found it better in the veg room than the flowering room.

V

vonforne

Nice job growclean. I will be constructing a new Light Sabre soon. I just have to find a good pump here in Germany. Anyone know of one?

C

CT Guy

Ok, here are some pics:

Completed brewer

"Tea Bag"

Small batch of tea going

Instead of cutting through the garbage can like the directions stated, I just use the "lip" to rest the pipe on:

Just showing valve and and tee:

A couple of things to note. This garbage can, can realistically only brew about 25 gallons max or you will have a lot of bubbling over. We used buckets to fill up and then mark specific levels on it since we do not always brew the full 25 gallons. This is very helpful. Also, we do have a clamp that we use that is not pictured here. We also have wheels that we keep our brewer on.

In regards to time or effort... it wasn't bad. Everything here was readily available at Lowes besides the pump, 400 micron bag and attachment. PVC is extremely easy to cut and drill. Two of us completed the whole project after purchasing everything in about an hour. My only real argument for spending the money on a "real" one would be to have one that these guys have tested and that you know it is doing what it should. I have not yet been able to get ahold of a miscrosope. When I built my brewer, I simply could not afford to purchase another one. As time goes by and money is less of an issue I will probably purchase a nice model from one of the two gents that regularly supply info on these forums (thanks guys!). For now, this at least keeps me going on the path that I wish to be on.

One of the better looking homemade brewers I've seen in a while. I appreciate that you did some research before throwing it together. I think it will work great! :tiphat:

So have you nailed down your recipe?

dr.penthotal

Chasing the orange grapefruit rabbit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Very nice.
Brewing teas is the real deal!
Keep on posting.
Dr Penthotal

growclean

Grow Clean.... Go Fast!
One of the better looking homemade brewers I've seen in a while. I appreciate that you did some research before throwing it together. I think it will work great! :tiphat:

So have you nailed down your recipe?

Thanks for the compliments. I would still really like to know if it is actually doing what it is supposed to do. As far as recipes, we are using the guano tea recipes in the "Organics for Beginners" thread. Our first harvest is nearly complete and with the many mistakes we were still pretty happy with the yield and quality. (Hoping that we didn't harvest some too early though!) I think that we will end up with about 4 - 5 lbs. We are even more excited about this go around now that we learned where we made some mistakes.

NUG-JUG

I think that we will end up with about 4 - 5 lbs. We are even more excited about this go around now that we learned where we made some mistakes.

:tiphat:Awesome brewer man!! I'm right at the same place you are as far as fixing mistakes for the next run. Currently training\vegging longer in larger pots to get the yield I want. I have to take pics of my 25 Gallon beast now. It's basically the same as yours minus that badass bag setup. Going to find my camera be back tmrw.....

Growclean, where'd you get the attachment for the 400 micron bags? My bags are very similiar to yours but I'm still looking for a good way to use them.

Ok, I really don't need the attachment anyways...I just used somes string for the teabags and everything seems to be working nicely. I made it effectively identical to the plans and used the same pump as Growclean.
The last ingredient for my tea arrived this morning a couple hours after finishing the pvc brewer. Anyways, thanks again for the thread. I know my ladies will be thanking you :laughing::dance013:

Latest posts

Latest posts