What's new

$229 for 800w LED.....how bad can it be?

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
I bought a mars fc8000 with the 301b in it......our little cheap light is about 200par BRIGHTER! lol......granted the distribution is not as good, but whatever diodes are in it are bright and a great spectrum. I added uv/ir bars after playing with it on another light. Definite better smell and frostiness with that light....potency test is coming soon.
Thanks, looking forward to seeing your test sharing.

driver77

Has anyone got a light controller to work with this light?? I can't get it to respond to my controller. It works fine with a MH fc8000 but not with the ole cheap light.....anyone?

driver77

Oh and I added the uv/ir bars to this tent also......I have noticed stronger smells and maybe better frosting.....time will tell.
20230605_122026[1077].jpg

Reactions: Rgd

UGDoCV

Finished entire cycle of those 4 GSC plants, 5 gallon fabric pots, topped and tied down. Nice structure on trimming. I feel like overall flower was more even across the plants. 625g after 2 week dry. Put me about 6 oz more than last run same strain and same tendency with one plant looking completely different.

Attachments

• 20230604_195647.jpg
    20230604_195647.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 34

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
We're trying to add the timer feature separately on the UV and IR. Stay tuned for new improvements!
Has anyone got a light controller to work with this light?? I can't get it to respond to my controller. It works fine with a MH fc8000 but not with the ole cheap light.....anyone?

KidCharlemagne

I think a friend is running his copy of this light through his AC Infinity tent controller, but I believe theirs is fairly universal and doesn't rely on whatever cat5 port this light had. For the record, still really enjoying this fixture. It's a shame that was the only batch of these made available there.

driver77

Finished entire cycle of those 4 GSC plants, 5 gallon fabric pots, topped and tied down. Nice structure on trimming. I feel like overall flower was more even across the plants. 625g after 2 week dry. Put me about 6 oz more than last run same strain and same tendency with one plant looking completely different.
Nice!
By the way your right about one side of the light being stronger than the other. I just now position plants accordingly to take advantage of it.

Last edited:

driver77

I think a friend is running his copy of this light through his AC Infinity tent controller, but I believe theirs is fairly universal and doesn't rely on whatever cat5 port this light had. For the record, still really enjoying this fixture. It's a shame that was the only batch of these made available there.
I keep going back to the page hoping to see back in stock lol.
The controller I have has both 0-10v or PWM outputs but I can't get it to work either way.

KidCharlemagne

I keep going back to the page hoping to see back in stock lol.
The controller I have has both 0-10v or PWM outputs but I can't get it to work either way.

From what we can see on the outside here's how it looks to me. Certain cities in china are manufacturing hubs where these larger big name producers make things. There's an excess of parts at times and smaller shops take advantage of the local supply and put out their own product. We seem to see waves like this with new tech that comes out. I think these shops sell their lamps at a low price because of fierce competition in the hopes of future sales, but then they just fade out. Not sure if that's 100% accurate but from my experiences in that country it would track.

driver77

From what we can see on the outside here's how it looks to me. Certain cities in china are manufacturing hubs where these larger big name producers make things. There's an excess of parts at times and smaller shops take advantage of the local supply and put out their own product. We seem to see waves like this with new tech that comes out. I think these shops sell their lamps at a low price because of fierce competition in the hopes of future sales, but then they just fade out. Not sure if that's 100% accurate but from my experiences in that country it would track.
I agree....while trying to research the diodes on this thing we found Beyirey manufactured the bars and make them for several different brands also...with multiple spectrums and diodes. Like you said it seems they were just kind of left over or not payed for by who ever ordered them and just ended up on Amazon for dirt cheap. I'd buy another in a heart beat lol

KidCharlemagne

I'm doing the same with another brand of COB LEDs that I really like who went out of business because of supply chain issues. Folks are at this point listing their lights on ebay for cheap to upgrade, and I am happier than a pig in shit with them. I'll be glad to add a few thousand watts over time for cheap.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I noticed Destiny F1 is expressing differently under this LED. She is full of seeds but IMO that should not change her looks. She looks way me OGK type in structure. She normally yields less and has more frost. This is the 1st plant ive flowered this long under it. Still has the same terps.

Cheap LED seeded
DSCN7370.JPG

Mars/HLG led not seeded.
DSCN7314.JPG

UGDoCV

End of week 3 flower. Have 2 Cinderella99s and a Charlotte's Angel. Realized I potted two 7 gallon and one 5 gallon after I filled 5 gallon up. Running about 22-24" from top canopy 700-800ppfd. Just running off my soil and topdress.

Attachments

• 20230709_120356.jpg
    20230709_120356.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 33

driver77

End of week 3 flower. Have 2 Cinderella99s and a Charlotte's Angel. Realized I potted two 7 gallon and one 5 gallon after I filled 5 gallon up. Running about 22-24" from top canopy 700-800ppfd. Just running off my soil and topdress.
I added uv/ir bars and run it around 600w now.......there is a noticeable difference in potency and smell since the uv/ir.
These lights are pretty darn great! My tent doesn't look as good as yours so no pics for a couple weeks from me ;)

UGDoCV

Week 3 flower. Have 2 Cinderella99s and a Charlotte's Angel. Realized I potted two 7 gallon and one 5 gallon after I filled 5 gallon up. Running about 22-24" from top canopy 700-800ppfd. Just running off my soil and topdress.
I added uv/ir bars and run it around 600w now.......there is a noticeable difference in potency and smell since the uv/ir.
These lights are pretty darn great! My tent doesn't look as good as yours so no pics for a couple weeks
These lights are pretty darn great! My tent doesn't look as good as yours so no pics for a couple weeks from me ;)
Yeah, shoot a pic of how you setup UV/IR.

driver77

I got the MarsHydro uv/ir bars for around $80 for a set of 2. They are rated at 30w of uv and 15w of ir but mine(2 sets) only draw 40w total....but that's at 110v. They come with a couple options for installation. I modified the plastic clips that work with their lights by clipping off the end, so instead of clipping on like it's supposed to it just lies across top of the rail. It's wider than our light so you could just lay it on top...which I did at first. It is uva by the way. They recommend running them for a few hours a day on separate schedules ....which is impossible to do with the way it's designed. So I run mine with main light schedule. I noticed faster growth, faster to flower(autos), frostier buds, more potency for sure and smell seems stronger, but the 3 plants I've harvested from under it are still curing.
20230710_091348[1257].jpg

This is how I had it at first....
20230710_091402[1256].jpg

I think either way is fine, although just laying it on top of rail blocks a couple inches of the bar.

Last edited: