What's new

$229 for 800w LED.....how bad can it be?

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
People almost never have enough light.
true- true ... my last grows were in a 4x3.5ft tent with '2' 315 cmh, n always felt it just wasn't even light - last grow stepped up to a 5x5ft tent , with a mars fce8000- i ran it at 70/75pct , and the quantity def improved.... but more important i think the quality got better... still learning led's... it is a learning curve for sure...

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
true- true ... my last grows were in a 4x3.5ft tent with '2' 315 cmh, n always felt it just wasn't even light - last grow stepped up to a 5x5ft tent , with a mars fce8000- i ran it at 70/75pct , and the quantity def improved.... but more important i think the quality got better... still learning led's... it is a learning curve for sure...
thanks for your suppor, bud. Can we know the yield of the last grow under FCE-8000 :respect:

driver77

New girls looking good! Looks like a few weeks left for the tall Skittlez....
20230301_063735[717].jpg

UGDoCV

Light finally arrived. Actually gotta put my glasses on for these things. Packaging good. Plants have filled out more after final transplant shock. Most training done so only stress will be light adjustment. Hopefully get it setup by weekend and get these outta veg.

Attachments

• 20230301_223609.jpg
    20230301_223609.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 46

driver77

Light finally arrived. Actually gotta put my glasses on for these things. Packaging good. Plants have filled out more after final transplant shock. Most training done so only stress will be light adjustment. Hopefully get it setup by weekend and get these outta veg.
Plants looking good!

Ca++

I had the briefest of looks, to find a 0.2w 195lm/w bridgelux is about 5 cents. They are often driven to 0.4w which is within spec. 12 cents per watt. 120 euro per 1000w. This for branded stuff.

With over 210lm/w needed for a domestic lamp to get an A rating.. these must be getting more common. There are LEDs from factories who's names people won't recognise, that are perfectly good, but cheaper.

It doesn't just stop at LED prices though. The driver is a major component where you can save a huge propertion of the cost, by just making it rubbish. As yet... who has done a radio test.

UGDoCV

Finally setup this thing and moved plants in last night. Storms killed power last two days. Gonna keep around 39" to top canopy, 500s ppfd spread really good(phone app) Have at around 75% on dimmer. Slowly increase depending on what they do. This at end 12hr light cycle. Temps 75-78F. 5 gallon pots. These are all topped and tied down since clones.
20230305_085640.jpg
20230305_085646.jpg

driver77

Finally setup this thing and moved plants in last night. Storms killed power last two days. Gonna keep around 39" to top canopy, 500s ppfd spread really good(phone app) Have at around 75% on dimmer. Slowly increase depending on what they do. This at end 12hr light cycle. Temps 75-78F. 5 gallon pots. These are all topped and tied down since clones. View attachment 18816241 View attachment 18816242
Looking good! You'll probably end up lowering it once they adjust a bit...I ended up at around 18" for flowering. I added a piece of folded paper in the hinge to make it hang flatter too.

UGDoCV

Looking good! You'll probably end up lowering it once they adjust a bit...I ended up at around 18" for flowering. I added a piece of folded paper in the hinge to make it hang flatter too.
Good idea on the paper. The hanger clips suck on this. Had switch out as they were already bending.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I should add that mine was the remote version that I couldn't get to work. The light works fine but the remote won't. Ill mess with that at some point and see what's going on. They did refund me 20$.

UGDoCV

Moved down to 30" throughout the week. Did trim and scrog last night. @ 650ppfd still running around 75%. Temp 77-80F.

Attachments

• 20230309_225213.jpg
    20230309_225213.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 34

Latest posts

Latest posts