What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

$229 for 800w LED.....how bad can it be?

driver77

20230817_173327[1485].jpg

20230817_173248[1486].jpg
20230817_173306[1484].jpg

It arrived today...box was in bad shape, but everything seems to be ok.

driver77

I'm curious what kind of heat they produce using 3 separate drivers. They can be separated into singles if need be.

I see they added a 20 light bundle for $600 with a 100$ off coupon. That works out to be $25 for ea 120watt light.. 2400 watts total for $500.

I think any of these LEDS are better than the old blurple lights. I hated those.
Got a 3x3 with some seedlings about to pop all ready for it. Cool little weed grinder freebie too :rasta:
20230817_174237[1490].jpg

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Top bin diodes cost more for a reason. If there's cosmetic damage that has no impact on chip performance they should grow the same as top bin.. It's too bad vendors don't list why some don't make it into the top bin category. As long as the spectrum is good it should grow plants fine. For 90$ I would not be expecting top bin diodes.

Let's not forget some of us have already had successful grows using the LED in the 1st post of this thread. It has diodes that we don't know who made them just guesses. Cheap doesn't mean bad.

Last edited:

driver77

Top bin diodes cost more for a reason. If there's cosmetic damage that has no impact on chip performance they should grow the same as top bin.. It's too bad vendors don't list why some don't make it into the top bin category. As long as the spectrum is good it should grow plants fine. For 90$ I would not be expecting top bin diodes.

Let's not forget some of us have already had successful grows using the LED in the 1st post of this thread. It has diodes that we don't know who made them just guesses. Cheap doesn't mean bad.
Got to come up with a dimmer for it...none included. Suggestions?

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If it doesn't have a 0-10V dc dimming circuit it can't be done the normal way.. You could try a Variable Fan Speed Controller. Like this one. I can't say for sure if this would work. Ive never tried lol. Its prob not worth th effort and to costly if it damages the driver.,

Hydropublica Variable Fan Speed Controller​

Aiwode Rotating Dimmer Switch would work but its only 200 watts.​

If it has the 0-10 circuit it's easy to add.

Last edited:

driver77

No 0-10v no nothing lol...I got one of those cheap 110v dimmers for a fan somewhere I might give a try. Could always just unplug one or 2 boards for a dimming anyhow so not a huge deal.
Seems well made so far....It's bright!

driver77

Got it hung over a couple autos waiting to pop the surface. I have 2 panels on right now at around 36" I'll check some temps and stuff tonight after work. Looks like 4 uv chips/panel....their labeled too. The uv chips are for sure a more blue than the MH uva chips, I know this because with uv glasses on I can't see the MH chips.....these I can.
20230818_063915[1494].jpg