What's new

220w pl-l coco scrog cupboard

ScrubNinja

Grow like nobody is watching
Veteran
Haha well thank you all. I woke up in a really good mood :D The opposite to a hangover! There's been zero pain from my arm, it's amazing. I don't feel the need to have a hit of weed all the time now either. I totally recommend it for anyone using medicinally. I used the very scraggiest schwag for these, so the next lot will have the "ok" buds. I think it's called regs? :D

I'll try to start piecing things together today and see what fits where, thanks a lot for the opinions! Yeah J, they are both 36s and one is 827, one is 830. I nearly burnt my floor, lol.

Para, yup that's it exactly. I just read this thread and as usual, everyone has different methods and one person says this, one person says that. So I just kind of balanced everything out and made my own damn method :D I would like to try coconut oil but butter worked ok, and it made it a perfect consistency to scoop into the pill casings.

I used a broken saw blade to scoop/poke it in. About 3/16" wide. That's the long boring part filling them. I bought a dropper and a baby dosing syringe to fill them up but you need a dry paste so they just didn't work. En masse I would use something like a cake icing squirter.

Cheers Grow, M-Saur. It'll shock and amaze I'm sure :D

Edit: I also left one out unrefridgerated overnight in approx 80f temps and it was still fine in the morning.

Editedit: I deem them PiLLs!

Last edited:

ScrubNinja

Veteran
So this is the latest plan. Obviously the screens would be straight, and 4 bulbs would be stacked in line towards the camera. The door would be a sheet of panda with magnetic tape around the edges.

DSCF3237.JPG

I want a plant on each side and I want the pot to be connected to it's respective side's screen, and then sitting on a sliding floor/tray so I can slide them left to right, to give me access for training.

Here is what used to be an ounce, water cured:

DSCF3246.JPG

I think I'll be packing pills - shit's addictive! :whistling:

DSCF3258.JPG
DSCF3262.JPG
DSCF3263.JPG
DSCF3268.JPG

:huggg: Me 'n mah bitches :huggg:

ScrubNinja

Veteran
Haha I'm the same, it's been a long time since I ran out. Years I think. Yeah it's going great really. :yes: I think the kelp is helping a little.

Here are some dimensions for the black box. The whole project will be called the Black Box Recorder if I can be arsed to install a webcam. I probably can't :biglaugh: so I'm on the lookout for better names if anyone has suggestions.

Dimensions are averaged to allow for the sloped sides.

• Width: 56cm (22")
  • Depth: 36cm (14")
  • Height: 81cm (32")
  • 36w PLL length (actual glass bulb): 38cm (15")
  • Scrog screen: 35cm x 35cm (13.75") (1.3 sq ft)

In reality I would have a useable grow surface more like 1.43 sq ft from each side. I'm thinking I'll buy some new hydro nutes at last :whistling: and probably use coco with some liquid kelp/guano on the side as boosters. If that doesn't give me a great yield then I don't know what will. :bandit:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey scrub - looking good - keep taking the pills ;)

re the leaf issue - do you know the pH of your tap water are whatever water you are using?

you are right that pH shouldnt be an issue in organics but if your tapwater is very alkali then it is worth considering adjusting it.

cheers

V.

ScrubNinja

Veteran
Thanks V! I only have 4 or 5 left, lol. Yeah the water was 6.6 after dechlorinating so I should be good to go. (Edit: I mean, that seems like a good number from what I've read. Let me know if I should panic)

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
wow wow ninja they r looking so so dam great. them flowers look beautiful.

cant wate to here about the pills u make.

ScrubNinja

Veteran
Good to know, Verdant. Thanks Cheese, I'll try to take some pics next time to jazz things up a lil. :yes:

I like your PLL vert concept. i know that there is more screen using the vert setup, but just out of curiousity, how do vert screens compare to horizontal screens in terms of yield, ease of training, and veg time? I like the idea of it, but something makes me feel iffy about it.

ScrubNinja

Veteran
Yeah, I feel you, dawg. It's a little deceptive, like it's not so black and white for sure. I learnt that from my current vert grow - I'll be lucky if I get 3 gm, it's basically a seed run now. I think it will all be in the training and I like to think I'm pretty good at it when I pay attention! No argument it will take a while to veg, but then again, I'm using flower bulbs for veg, so it should spread pretty quick.

On a personal level, I've never cared about veg time anyway. It's not like I would grow a sativa and complain that it wasn't ready in 6 weeks. Good things take time, and I look at veg as every bit as important as the flower stage.

I'll probably start a thread for that cab in the vertical section, so a lot of the people reading will be verters and maybe lay some tips on me. :whistling: At the end of the day though, supercropping will fix any problem. Branches can be totally rearranged as needed, if I made some huge oversight. I've never done so much supercropping as this grow that's currently in the cab. It's a great technique, especially in conjunction with lst.

Edit: As far as yield goes, I haven't really seen this done before. I think it's mjconfid who's actually doing like, basically the same thing, but he doesn't have a journal/pics etc. But if I mounted them on the roof horizontally, I could only run one screen. It would get the reflected light from the other side of the bulb too, but overall I'm convinced the plant is able to soak up the energy more efficiently, as well as having more physical space to pump the buds into (often a bottleneck in growing imo - see D.I.trY's PC for example - packed solid with bud)

ScrubNinja

Veteran
Alriiiight, I gots 59 of these suckers now :D It would have been 60 but I was so sick of filling pills that I just dipped garlic bread in the last bit, heheh. What an adventure!

First I weighed out exactly 10 grams of water cured buds and set about grinding it down in smaller amounts. You get mad kief on the lid, be sure to add that in.

DSCF3290.JPG
DSCF3293.JPG
DSCF3299.JPG

I somehow knew I was gonna f*ck it up with the larger amount this time and I did.

DSCF3312.JPG
DSCF3318.JPG

Luckily I only lost approx 6 grams. I ground up some more but didn't weigh it. It was probably around 7 grams overall total but not sure. Anyway I used this steel bowl thing which is much much better.

DSCF3326.JPG

And here's the final cooled product. It was still a tad too oily. I think it would be good to add too much oil, then sprinkle some dry herb in right at the end to turn it into a true dry paste.

DSCF3329.JPG

I seriously haven't had one bit of pain from my arm when usually it's an every day thing, despite smoking weed. Now I have no pain, no urge to smoke weed all day (it's night time and I've had two sessions all day), it's quite amazing. It has me rethinking things for real. It's a magic 'erb. Shame on the man for trying to keep that down. For shame.

Rabble rabble rabble :yappy:

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
Better than the naked chef hahahaha this post has got me smiling, good stuff bro.
Peace.

Last edited:

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Why didn't you just strain out the spilled bud? I mean it's not like it didn't get wet before, ala water cure.

ScrubNinja

Veteran
Hey Blynx. It was all mixed with the boiling water and oil and just wasn't worth it to me. Also that rack thing had little bits of baked on grease from the oven so it wasn't totally clean water.

Cheers b00m. I gave all my plants a dose of epsom salts today in the water. Apparently it's not too good for the soil life so hopefully it helps something. I didn't want to spray it on the buds.

I think these pills are weaker, but maybe I'm just desensitized. I heated the mix for longer so you'd think they'd be stronger. :dunno:

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
Hope the epsom works for you bro, I've heard/read somewhere that epsom will inhibit soil life/microbes if applied too much, well it is a salt, but that is why you would flush nicely after treatment has been applied, maybe next day?? not too sure, I've only attempted it once and that was half-arsed also. By ingesting your herbs bro, you will find that your tolerance will increase to a certain point but should level out,(especially if you are taking them daily) you might need 3 to feel what you did with 2, maybe more, that's just my humble opinion from years of cooking with the herbs and finding that out for myself, cooking with primo bud like yourself is doing has helped save me from taking oxy/morphine many times with this sideways back of mine, gotta love it. I'm smoking some kief scrapings outta my grinder at the moment, putting in the hours tonight waiting to pick up some Sour Queen and hopefully White Diesel, lol, just like a thousand or more other people, but shit you got to be in it to win it.

Peace Bruz.

ScrubNinja

Veteran
Thanks brah. That is so wierd, I was just reading about the drop of rez's gear right as you replied. Lol good luck with that! You will need it :biglaugh: I'll stay up too to watch the excitement, haha.

BC Chronic

Paging Dr.Greenthumb
Veteran
Hey Scrub..Nice plants!
My buddy makes canna-gels and they are incredible..He uses budder to make his and they are VERY strong..but the flip side is no burn out...
If you want,I can get the ingredients?He mixes it with all natural stuff like grapeseed oil but I don't know the rest off hand..
Peace

ScrubNinja

Veteran
Hey thanks BC. It's all good - I just went with this since it's so easy :) Thank you for the kind offer though!

Did you have any luck, b00m? I crashed out early.

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
Well yes and more no, got to the verify order button on the white x sd and on the second round I got to the verfiy button on one of the five packs of Sour Queen, then server crashed and mysql errors when ya clicked the buttons that count, but what a fucking rush trying to snap up a pack, could of got multiple packs of the 4SD and Chemdog SD but @ $200USD a pack, Fuck That.
Latest News:- Might have 5 beans of the white x sd coming to me from a fellow IC Magger when they find a keeper mum, Fuck I love this site. :dance013: :yay:

Peace.
:rtfo:

Latest posts

Latest posts