What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

213 Watt LED Nirvana Northern Lights Grow

GP73LPC

Strain Collector/Seed Junkie/Landrace Accumulator/
Veteran
lol @ oneshot !!!

rives, it has been hard not growing. glad to be back at it ;)

GP73LPC

Veteran
well good and bad news again.

one nl plant died as expected and now another suffered with no mist for too long and is touch and go. :mad: i left the house the other day for a couple hour trip and ended up helping a friend with his computer, went to eat, etc.. long story short, was away for too long without monitoring things :mad:

lesson learned, i need an intermediary cloning tub prior to going into the DWC tub, or i need a small single stone at each plant site, held in place by sumtin :dunno: i'm using one of those bar style airstones and have now added a second to ensure everyone is always getting wet. but if i had 8 plants i would need more airstones for the young and vulnerable.

anyway, praying for the injured.

the other three plants are coming along nicely.

already working on trich production :D

GP73LPC

Veteran
thanks greenpinky...

small update:
the plants are are node 2, only 3 survived (the above mentioned plant did not make it, lesson learned here, the hard way).

they are 10 days old and i have just put them on low nutes (300 ppm).

the longest roots are right at the water level.

gonna leave the lights on 24/0 until the plants mature enough to flower.

mother nature killed one and i killed two :mad: this is the worst i have ever done raising my seedlings into mature plants.

1. this is the first time i have gone without hydroton/net pots and i think the lesson learn here was in the past (with airstone) several layers of rocks got wet and thus provided much needed moisture before the roots hit the mist and water. three plants surviving here shows this method can work, but each plant needs it's own source of bubbles when they are this young.

2. first time without airstones. causing the first problem, no real absorbable moisture between the rockwool and water. airstones are crucial until the roots are in the water. either in this tub or a smaller tub designed to raise young-uns.

so overall design needs to be modified or improved at bit

:tiphat:

GP73LPC

Veteran
did i mention this is being done with rainwater ?

tap water sucks terribly here.

link to my rain water collection system in my sig :tiphat:

GP73LPC

Veteran
We will forever forward know them as Plant 1, Plant 2 and Plant 3.

P 1

P 2

P 3

BrownThumb

I dig your naming scheme! I just used Aa, Ab and Ac...., but numbers are better because then you're not limited to 26.....

GP73LPC

Veteran
lol, i never really considered that.

why, because i have never had more than about 15 plants at any given time.

however, i have decided to grow SOG style and have made plans for up to 32 flowering plants, so the new naming system is gonna work fine...

the three are doing well and all have roots in the water now. :tiphat:

hempfield

Organic LED Grower
Veteran
I dig your naming scheme! I just used Aa, Ab and Ac...., but numbers are better because then you're not limited to 26.....

How about naming clones for a dispensary ? :biggrin: It would be like counting prisoners ...

Just kiddin' ! I remember a grower who called one of it's plants "Hitler" :laughing:

BrownThumb

I was toying with something like SBH002-071512 where S indicates seed vs C for a cutting, BH for Blue Himalaya and then sequence number and finally date. Maybe add a zero if you start more than 999 a day.

GP73LPC

Veteran
well looks like i have another issue.

P1 and P2 seem just fine and of the same pheno type.

P3 which seems to have thinner, longer leaves (and of a different pheno) has nute burn issues, while the others don't.

has anyone experienced 1 plant in a tub with nute burn and the other two don't. :confused:

350ppm, 6.15ph...

i am working on a water/nute replacement in my tub now...

GP73LPC

Veteran
well i changed out half the water. PH 6.15, 220ppm TDS.

hopefully this will straighten out whatever is happening to P3.

S

SeaMaiden

well looks like i have another issue.

P1 and P2 seem just fine and of the same pheno type.

P3 which seems to have thinner, longer leaves (and of a different pheno) has nute burn issues, while the others don't.

has anyone experienced 1 plant in a tub with nute burn and the other two don't. :confused:

350ppm, 6.15ph...

i am working on a water/nute replacement in my tub now...
Not in tubs, in coir & soil, absolutely. I've observed often huge differences in nutrient requirements. EG Cali Blue (Cali O x Blueberry) was only requiring about half the total nutrients as another line I was running at the same time called Mother of Thor (can't recall the lineage, but she was so good! past tense, cut's been lost forever), who isn't exactly a nute hog in the first place. Where 2ml/gal of Floranova Bloom would burn the Cali Blue, the MoT was begging for more.

Another example, The White and her need for Ca as compared to anything else I've ever run. Easily I think that cut was using double the Ca I had to feed everything else.

Also, IME Sativa-dom plants do not need to be fed anywhere nearly as heavily as Afghani-dom plants. They don't want the McDonald's straw, they take tiny, lady-like sips, not huge gulps of their food.

GP73LPC

Veteran
thanks seamaiden, but in this case they are all the same strain, only a pheno type difference.

i was going to run these three in one tub and dump 8 clones in the second tub, but now i am reconsidering and might move the sativa dominant pheno type (Plant 3) to the second tub.

S

SeaMaiden

Couldn't part of the spectrum of phenotypical differences include feeding? I think it can. Just like kids, right? My sisters have never battled their weight, I've battled it all my life.

GP73LPC

Veteran
Couldn't part of the spectrum of phenotypical differences include feeding? I think it can. Just like kids, right? My sisters have never battled their weight, I've battled it all my life.

i don't disagree at all, i guess i just have never experienced this before.

thanks for you input :thank you:

GP73LPC

Veteran
flipped 'em to 12/12 tonight. all have plenty of roots in the water and i am trying to maintain some short plants so into flowering we go even though the plants are not sexually mature yet.

based on my past experience these plants should be sexually mature and start alternating branches in another 2.5 weeks or so.

according to the boo nirvana's northern lights flowers for 7-9 weeks, meaning harvest would be between May 1 and 14 or so.

needless to say by mid-May i will be swimming in FRESH homegrown once again :woohoo: and i have missed that tremendously.

Plant 1 (P1) is looking really nice. big broad leaves, deep long roots, on the 3rd node with side branching stems already 1/4" long at node 2. i think P1 is gonna be spectacular, we will see.

not a good pic, but i will post it anyway.

GP73LPC

Veteran
got a better pic today of P1. P2 looks almost just like P1 just not as big yet. P3 is recovering i believe, but still doesn't look that great.

Plant 1