What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

20yo Diesel

alvin88

I was gifted 12 seeds from a friend. His dad was given the seeds by a grower 20 years ago in Vermont. The grower only grew one strain "Diesel". The seeds were never grown out and upon his father's passing, my friend found the stash of 50-60 seeds.

Out of 12 I got 9 to germinate. 4 died due to getting stuck in their shell (one I tried to pop off and broke it, the other 3 rotted where the seed was stuck)

2 strong looking ones, 2 funky looking ones, and 1 that I don't have hopes for making it but I have my fingers crossed. All in all I thought I'd be lucky to get 1 considering I have no idea how these were stored. So at least 4 plants is pretty cool.
20231129_230737.jpg

One of the twisted seedlings has a NOTICEABLE amount of resin compared to the others. I usually try not to consider anything as a growth characteric this early on though.
20231129_231714.jpg

Persianfarmer

Hiya amazing ventage seeds!!!! Lucky you
The one on the left (down) seems to be a good candidate for a mother plant…do let me know if I was not too far from the truth and the little hairy seems to be a very interesting jewel!!!!
Maybe next time if you have some old seeds you could scrub a bit the seed with a match box, it will increase chances of good sprouting
Keep up the good work and do update us regularly. Thanks

Rgd

Veteran
a few people saved seeds from that place and time

gotta be because it was so good

alvin88

Hiya amazing ventage seeds!!!! Lucky you
The one on the left (down) seems to be a good candidate for a mother plant…do let me know if I was not too far from the truth and the little hairy seems to be a very interesting jewel!!!!
Maybe next time if you have some old seeds you could scrub a bit the seed with a match box, it will increase chances of good sprouting
Keep up the good work and do update us regularly. Thanks
These ones, I pre cracked slightly with my fingernail. The pre cracked ones shot tails within 24hrs.

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Very best of luck with your present run,,,,✌️
nowt like old beans that pop,,,
Really wish I could find an old pack of Spice Of Life’s Sweetooth No1,,,,