What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

20k commercial unit grow- OG kush and GDP

LyryC

ICMag Donor
Veteran
where'd you get ur Biochar

and how much a bag?

I met a guy who got that shit down here in Socal, can't find it anywhere else, I just can't afford it so I haven't hit him back up yet.

St. Phatty

the Grow Force is with you !

YODA-THE-FORCE.jpg

Z

z-ro

Nice place. I think what Photosynthesis failed to realize is, no matter what the rent is, the tens of thousands of dollars you will save on your PGE bill versus residential rates make it worth it any way you slice it. Look forward to the flower show.

Thanks for the good vibes everyone! The Biochar is a premium inoculated Biochar that is Ph washed. It's called organichar and I get it from my buddy who owns the company. It's much better than the Mother Earth brand that comes at a very high ph. What I got costs about 500-600$/yard but I get a 20-30% increase in yield and can decrease water ANC nutes by 25%.

Kushman: I would definitely give it a try on a few! I absolutely swear by it

Whathe215: I have never had a problem with these. The hammered metal usually doesn't have problems for me

Z-ro: you said it! California residential rates are outa control so to me this is the only way to go for anything more than 10 lights or so

Dave Coulier

Veteran
I can't wait to see the results of the organichar. Ive always wanted to try this out, but the last time I tried to source it I came up empty handed. Its nice to know Sunlight Supply now offers it, but I want the good stuff! Now where do I find it?

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Did you get a chance to see my new thread: Mini-Me DIY F & D?

Working like a champ

Will have one in each tent as I am growing Big Mex which is ~ 4ft x 3ft

Will post a few pics here if you like

Dave- what state are you in? PM me if your serious and I can probably help you or at least point you in the right direction.

petflora- just took a look and it looks like it's going well! I'll be keeping an eye on it!

Update on the room is I'm having some serious power issues with no real clear fix so I will be moving 6 more lights into offices to do alternating time cycles. Hopefully this will work and I can turn all my lights back up because they are dimmed to 60% to avoid blowing power. Very frustrating!

But I got all my tresseling on and plants are growing in nicely

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 17

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Dave- what state are you in? PM me if your serious and I can probably help you or at least point you in the right direction.

petflora- just took a look and it looks like it's going well! I'll be keeping an eye on it!

Update on the room is I'm having some serious power issues with no real clear fix so I will be moving 6 more lights into offices to do alternating time cycles. Hopefully this will work and I can turn all my lights back up because they are dimmed to 60% to avoid blowing power. Very frustrating!

But I got all my tresseling on and plants are growing in nicely

I see LEDs in your immediate future. Not to worry, there ae really good ones, they just don't come in red & blue

BML is coming out with a SPYDR 1000. I bet Nick from BML would love to talk to you. Mention me if you seek him out

Also, I will be receiving some new panels designed by a fellow mj grower. Another good source to investigate. SolarSpec. www not up yet

Yeah that is kinda what I am figuring too. Are those BML's what you are using?

Any idea how many amps/watts a 1000watt equivilant LED uses? Something that would cover a 4x4.

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah that is kinda what I am figuring too. Are those BML's what you are using?

Any idea how many amps/watts a 1000watt equivalent LED uses? Something that would cover a 4x4.

Yes, after a long phone conversation with Nick (BML) I convinced him that I could select a mix of diodes so that one SPYDR would be good for both veg and flower, making more desirable for more growers

A SPYDR 600 has 6 @ 3ft bars, mounted on a 3ft spine, they can be collapsed or spread to create a 3 x 3 foot print. There are certain limitations when mixing diodes in this fashion, but overall it flowered really well. I was already 2 weeks into 12/12 under a 432w hot5 when I got it

I think the 600 pulls ~ 400w

Oh, I also added 2 @ 3ft BML bars as side lighting during late flower

I was using an unknown strain to me (Med-Man Silver Skunk Bx1) which is a back cross. I had 2 distinctly different plants, one ~ 1/2 the size of the other, yet still managed close to a pound dry weight.

BML is coming out with a SPYDR 1000 (8 bars), said to be equal to a 1000 hps.

Nick agreed to let me keep it to do a complete grow, which will be in a 4 x 4 tent using my DIY Mini-Me F & D

You might talk to Nick about your situation

Please mention me if you do

I priced flood tables, but they are too big for small tents, stupid expensive and designed for lage rock wool cubes (yuck).

Not a fan of rock wool anyway, and with my method, drain channels are unnecessary. Flat tubs are easy to build

Seeds are soaking now This grow I am hoping for 2 large females, one per tent

I am awaiting a competitors panels soon (Solar Spec). He says his 260 will give the S600 a run for its' money.

His design concept is 4 smallish panels with extreme umoles/m^ to cover a ~ 4-5 x 4-5. This makes sense in a number of ways, but the SPYDR is a reasonable alternative

At some point I expect to test 4 panels

He is a fellow grower who understands what mj wants, lighting wise

Website under development

hth