What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

2023 outdoors: : how are bugs, pests, diseases this year, Northeast/Great Lakes region?

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
I don't know much about there but down South it's freaking hotter than hell. The number of mosquitoes and chiggers is way out of control this year. The grasshoppers are just now flying so that means it's breeding season for them. After the grasshopper breeds they eat everything in sight. I expect this to be one of the worse grasshopper years in a long time. I'm glad I'm not farming this year outdoors because it's awful.

The night temperatures are only dropping to 86f or 30c or even higher. The Dew point is sitting at 72% with a humidity of 68% making feel like living on Mars. During the day it gets super hot with a high heat index in the 110f 43c to 115f 46c. Most people I know don't come out during the day only at night time useless they have to. Still have 50 or 60 days left to go living with this heat. 🤞

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Snails starting to be an issue when it was getting wet, but I think thats improved since its been drying out a little. We had a frog burrowing in the garden earlier this spring it was so dry.

Foliar disease has been higher pressure due to the rains.