What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

2019 oregon outdoor

Dankwolf

Shit.. That's a damn good idea . I was actually contemplating something like that when i was at home depot yesterday. I was thinking about house wrap. Rex or maybe tyvek And i passed by the roofing isle. Wound up getting more woven weed cloth.

I looked at the 2018 thread... How did you fold over the top? You used the wire from the fence?

Cut off horizontel ring of welded wire so ther are a bunch of vertical wire to poke through metrial this will hold it temporarily (vertical wire will eventually be you potters rim) . make sure to leave excess material towards top of potter .
back fill some soil at base of potters as you place material around potter to keep it strait and square (soil holds material against welded wire at bottom of potters) . After that you can roll up excess cloth or what ever materiel you use and wrap the vertical post around it to hold all in place . this makes a nice rim for potter

A pair of linemen pliers make building potters easy . you can get away with regular needle nose but your hands will be sore after each potter lol.

Don't for get to line bottom of potters with material to keep borrowing animals out .

Dankwolf

Horizontel wire removed . before cloth gets stuck through vertical wire remaining .make sure vertical wire post stick through outside of potter then stick them through cloth . (unwrap cloth/material as you go don't pre cut or lay out )

picture.php

Wire wrapped around excess cloth. (Wrap wire over cloth towered out side potter wrapping it underneath hrizontel wire and back around and into potter)

picture.php

picture.php

Thats about the best I can do . I will see if I can get a few better pics later if I have time .

Dankwolf

Just for tge trolls lol.

Just for tge trolls lol.

But seriously we grow other things to . if I was,not renting I,would till a acre or two to grow all kinds of veggies for me and to donate .

For now I have 5 or six differnt kinds of lettuce, carrots ,onions ,tomatoes plus turnip, radishes garlic and two different kinds of broccoli growing in the houses old flower bed .

I till in the old plants every fall . when I started the bed had strait brown soil and every plant turned yellow and died lol. I dumped a good amount if used indoor soil to help this along . but it has been self sufeciant for almost 3 years now . no amendments no fertilizer no soil test .old school organics grandma style .

Any way a few pics .

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Dankwolf

Leafs have been standing up nicely for 2 days or so . I am liking the introduction to wind vrs strait transplanting from green hous to big potters .

picture.php
picture.php

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
You are the man!!!! Can't wait to see these things explode in the pools. Is this your first time running these 4 strains??

Dankwolf

You are the man!!!! Can't wait to see these things explode in the pools. Is this your first time running these 4 strains??

First time out door . I ran them indoor this winter/ spring.
They are clones of the best plants out of the seed lot .

Dankwolf

New cage desing

New cage desing

So I went to home cheapo and purchased 4 7ft by 3.5 ft metal mesh sheets (used for concrete) at $10 a piece and 10 7ft metal fence stakes at $5 .50 and some bailing wire for $5 . after contractor discount it came out to $90 and change.

picture.php
picture.php

Long story short the weld points on mesh suck as in break easily . so I had to wire tie every weld point due to lack of owning welder . took around 10 hours with two people regardless its done and plants are transplanted.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Slowly introducing plants to earlier are has helped out a lot with the transplant shock . also I was surprised that all plants where root bound in there 45 gallon potters . plants are roughly 2.5 ft x2.5 (some,more some less)

For thoes that are not keeping up plants went from 45 gallon potters to 2000+ gallon potters .

Spankee

So I went to home cheapo and purchased 4 7ft by 3.5 ft metal mesh sheets (used for concrete) at $10 a piece and 10 7ft metal fence stakes at $5 .50 and some bailing wire for $5 . after contractor discount it came out to $90 and change.

View Image View Image

Long story short the weld points on mesh suck as in break easily . so I had to wire tie every weld point due to lack of owning welder . took around 10 hours with two people regardless its done and plants are transplanted.

View Image View Image View Image

Slowly introducing plants to earlier are has helped out a lot with the transplant shock . also I was surprised that all plants where root bound in there 45 gallon potters . plants are roughly 2.5 ft x2.5 (some,more some less)

For thoes that are not keeping up plants went from 45 gallon potters to 2000+ gallon potters .

Wow I would have sent you some bag ties and twirlers makes tying steel go quick. My work season usually ends by December I will save you a bunch of supplies think they will come in good use.no strings attached we work with this every day . That road wire you bought is great for pouring a slab over you have taken it to another level very cool.

Dankwolf

Wow I would have sent you some bag ties and twirlers makes tying steel go quick. My work season usually ends by December I will save you a bunch of supplies think they will come in good use.no strings attached we work with this every day . That road wire you bought is great for pouring a slab over you have taken it to another level very cool.

Thank you . :tiphat::tiphat:

The amount of support for thr cost is unreal,compared to welded wire fencing . last year,I had several of the cheap welded wire cages just collapse .

I just hope these untested genetics perform. So far the ogkb 2.0 x Ancestrial skunk #2 is winning . she takes the heat better then the others. And just shakes any kind of stress of like it never happend .

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks for the update! There's the Mrs. watering the plants in! Women always do the nursery work right with a loving touch! Us guys tend to get it done, but do it quicker. These plants are growers with enough sunshine! They fill out even 45 gal containers before spring is over!

Thanks for the info on how to build those! Wire tie every cross! You guys are hardcore! Thats nursery work! It will pay off though, and you can use it year after year!

Looking forward to seeing what happens over the next few weeks! Thanks for sharing with us, Dankwolf! :smoke:

CrushnYuba

It's crazy how much more expensive metal is. I have always used concrete remesh from home depot. I got the rolls for 70$ for 5ftx150. I noticed this year it's 140 for those rolls in ca now. Those 7ft panels doubled in price also. Wonder if its trump related. They make electric guns to tie rebar and remesh with bailing wire. It's a pain in the ass to tie rebar and remesh by hand for big foundations or grows. You might not use it enough to justify buying one, but you could borrow or possibly rent one if you have to tie every weld.

Spankee

It's crazy how much more expensive metal is. I have always used concrete remesh from home depot. I got the rolls for 70$ for 5ftx150. I noticed this year it's 140 for those rolls in ca now. Those 7ft panels doubled in price also. Wonder if its trump related. They make electric guns to tie rebar and remesh with bailing wire. It's a pain in the ass to tie rebar and remesh by hand for big foundations or grows. You might not use it enough to justify buying one, but you could borrow or possibly rent one if you have to tie every weld.

China been buying up steel big time last few years all my distributors prices have rocketed big time .been going on before trump. Nothing political there . China going through there own industrial revolution to bad there a billion strong that’s a lot of shit

Dankwolf

6/4/19

6/4/19

Had some ph issues in 3 of the potters so plants suffered a bit . it corrected now .

picture.php

Thr ogkb 2.0 x Ancestrial skunk is the biggest and helthyest by far .

picture.php

Dankwolf

Thinking of a sisde project to go along with my rks project .

I am Thinking
(ogkb 2.0 xansestrail skunk f1) ×
( la confidential x Ansetrial skunk f2)

Or maybe the la mom x ( ogkb 2.0 x Ansetrial skunk )

Thoughts ?

Ogkb 2.0 x Ansetrial skunk
picture.php
picture.php

Have not poped any la confidential x Ancestrial s yet .
When I do I will throw up pics.

Latest posts

Latest posts